Falcons Fan MVP

Would Mike McCarthy be a good head coach for the Falcons?

41 posts in this topic

This is a very hypothetical thread. But if Dan Quinn gets fired after the 2019 season it seems like Mike McCarthy will most likely be our new head coach. Hopefully Quinn works out but I am curious if you guys think Mike McCarthy would be an upgrade from Quinn? Most Packers fans I talked to say they would not recommend him. But what do you guys think?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s 2-4 overall vs. Payton so I think he’d be a pretty good fit for y’all. B)

Edit: He’s actually 1-4 vs. Payton. Apologies.

Edited by Iron Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

Ah did your keyboard  start working again after all the tears dried up?

You must have be confused with someone else because this is my 31st post since the highway robbery on January 20th.

36 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

He's 0-3 vs Quinn...

Well if McCarthy would be named as y’all head coach, he wouldn’t be coaching against Quinn, now would he?

32 minutes ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

Were those 2 wins because of pass interference?

Hahaha, not going to lie, that was funny. 

:tiphat:

But actually, I got my numbers wrong. McCarthy isn’t 2-4 against Payton. He’s actually 1-4 because that 2012 win was against Kromer, not Payton, due to the bogus suspension.

2006 we beat them by 7 in Lambeau when McCarthy and Payton were both in their 1st years as head coach.

2011 they beat us straight up in the NFL Kickoff game (albeit it came down to the last play) and a great goal-line stand by their defense.

2017 we beat them by 9, but they were without Rodgers.

2008 and 2014 we waxed the **** out of them with Rodgers though.

 

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

You must have be confused with someone else because this is my 31st post since the highway robbery on January 20th.

Well if McCarthy would be named as y’all head coach, he wouldn’t be coaching against Quinn, now would he?

Hahaha, not going to lie, that was funny. 

:tiphat:

But actually, I got my numbers wrong. McCarthy isn’t 2-4 against Payton. He’s actually 1-4 because that 2012 win was against Kromer, not Payton, due to the bogus suspension.

2006 we beat them by 7 in Lambeau when McCarthy and Payton were both in their 1st years as head coach.

2011 they beat us straight up in the NFL Kickoff game (albeit it came down to the last play) and a great goal-line stand by their defense.

2017 we beat them by 9, but they were without Rodgers.

2008 and 2014 we waxed the **** out of them with Rodgers though.

 

Don't get your hopes up kemosabe. Better chance your slimebag vicodin poppin coach bolts for the Cowboys than us dumping Quinn for McCarthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

This is a very hypothetical thread. But if Dan Quinn gets fired after the 2019 season it seems like Mike McCarthy will most likely be our new head coach. Hopefully Quinn works out but I am curious if you guys think Mike McCarthy would be an upgrade from Quinn? Most Packers fans I talked to say they would not recommend him. But what do you guys think?

 

 

I would not want to hear the constant comparison of Matt and Aaron, I'm good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Don't get your hopes up kemosabe. Better chance your slimebag vicodin poppin coach bolts for the Cowboys than us dumping Quinn for McCarthy.

I’d absolutely take that action.

You honestly think Payton is going to leave a situation where not only is he already among the highest paid head coaches in the League, but he also has the most control over any and all personnel decisions than any head coach in the League that’s not named Belichick, only to go to Dallas where he won’t have control over those decisions and additionally, have the Crypt Keeper looking over his shoulder and in his ear at every turn telling him how to coach his team?

Payton already worked for Jones for 3 years so he knows how much of a control freak is and has had his fill. Put two control freaks in the same room and see how often they butt heads. That’s exactly what would happen with Payton as the coach of the Cowboys while still under Jones’ ownership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Don't get your hopes up kemosabe. Better chance your slimebag vicodin poppin coach bolts for the Cowboys than us dumping Quinn for McCarthy.

Everyone is saying DQ is on probation this season. We do have a potentially tough schedule. I personally expect us to have a good 2019 but if we don't we will likely have a new coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

You must have be confused with someone else because this is my 31st post since the highway robbery on January 20th.

Well if McCarthy would be named as y’all head coach, he wouldn’t be coaching against Quinn, now would he?

Hahaha, not going to lie, that was funny. 

:tiphat:

But actually, I got my numbers wrong. McCarthy isn’t 2-4 against Payton. He’s actually 1-4 because that 2012 win was against Kromer, not Payton, due to the bogus suspension.

2006 we beat them by 7 in Lambeau when McCarthy and Payton were both in their 1st years as head coach.

2011 they beat us straight up in the NFL Kickoff game (albeit it came down to the last play) and a great goal-line stand by their defense.

2017 we beat them by 9, but they were without Rodgers.

2008 and 2014 we waxed the **** out of them with Rodgers though.

 

Went down to the Bowl last week. Didn't see one Aint. Loved it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

I’d absolutely take that action.

You honestly think Payton is going to leave a situation where not only is he already among the highest paid head coaches in the League, but he also has the most control over any and all personnel decisions than any head coach in the League that’s not named Belichick, only to go to Dallas where he won’t have control over those decisions and additionally, have the Crypt Keeper looking over his shoulder and in his ear at every turn telling him how to coach his team?

Payton already worked for Jones for 3 years so he knows how much of a control freak is and has had his fill. Put two control freaks in the same room and see how often they butt heads. That’s exactly what would happen with Payton as the coach of the Cowboys while still under Jones’ ownership.

I bet Jerry J would throw in a lifetime supply of Ben and Jerry's, a subscription to Netflix (pretty sure Payton gets it illegally now) and a case of Midol. That would be hard to pass up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TNFalcon1 said:

I bet Jerry J would throw in a lifetime supply of Ben and Jerry's, a subscription to Netflix (pretty sure Payton gets it illegally now) and a case of Midol. That would be hard to pass up.

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Went down to the Bowl last week. Didn't see one Aint. Loved it.

Well that’s one thing you have in common with us Saints fans, none of us watched an actual football game on Sunday night. :lol:

Hope you enjoyed your Maroon 5 concert. :D

3 hours ago, TNFalcon1 said:

I bet Jerry J would throw in a lifetime supply of Ben and Jerry's, a subscription to Netflix (pretty sure Payton gets it illegally now) and a case of Midol. That would be hard to pass up.

Like you aren’t leaching off someone’s Netflix in your family... ;)

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

Someone please post the Michael Scott Office NO gif 

I got you, fam.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, falken said:

Weather was perfect in the Benz. A comfortable 70 degrees and zero chance of Brees.

That joke is already old enough that it doesn’t get ID’ed anymore. B)

NeonDeion likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Well that’s one thing you have in common with us Saints fans, none of us watched an actual football game on Sunday night. :lol:

Hope you enjoyed your Maroon 5 concert. :D

Like you aren’t leaching off someone’s Netflix in your family... ;)

I got you, fam.

giphy.gif

That joke is already old enough that it doesn’t get ID’ed anymore. B)

On the real - is there a reason Saintsreport bans almost all non-Saints fans that are less than flattering, or ones that don't walk the tightrope imposed by mods? I dig the trash talk here, but anytime anything remotely like it gets posted to that forum the person is banned.

Just saying. Kinda fits with the crybaby narrative. Especially considering all the awful calls the Saints have benefited from in the past. Kinda sad that the fanbase is hanging it's hat on one call when the crew was one that had a history of calling double the penalties and yards against the Rams...oh, right, they did that in the NFCCG too.

Anyone remember that "there was no holding because it was a screen" penalty refs made up several years back? Oof.

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

On the real - is there a reason Saintsreport bans almost all non-Saints fans that are less than flattering, or ones that don't walk the tightrope imposed by mods? I dig the trash talk here, but anytime anything remotely like it gets posted to that forum the person is banned.

Just saying. Kinda fits with the crybaby narrative. Especially considering all the awful calls the Saints have benefited from in the past. Kinda sad that the fanbase is hanging it's hat on one call when the crew was one that had a history of calling double the penalties and yards against the Rams...oh, right, they did that in the NFCCG too.

Anyone remember that "there was no holding because it was a screen" penalty refs made up several years back? Oof.

What about my post you quoted was trash talk? When I start talking trash, you’ll know it. :lol:

As for SaintsReport, there are many members that are fans of other teams that haven’t been banned: VikesFan2017, Arodgers12, Seahawker Ed, ect. are all valued contributors and haven’t been banned.

Largely because they can talk football and more importantly, keep their trash talk within the boundaries of the ToS. Saints fans that don’t follow the ToS are bounced equally as fast.

As for the yadda about the officials “that routinely called double the amount of penalty yardage on the Rams”, you do realize that the Rams under Jeff Fisher were consistently one of the most undisciplined teams regarding penalties in that span, right?

Let’s look at their penalty rankings and records while they were “0-8 with Vinovich as the referee since 2012”...

2012: 2nd most

2013: 3rd most

2014: 6th most (1 penalty out the top-5)

2015: T-9th most (10 penalties out the top-5)

2016: 5th most

2018: T-8th most (7 penalties out the top-5)

Now let’s look at their records and the records of those 8 teams they lost to...

2012 (7-8-1): 11-5 Packers

2013 (7-9): 12-4 Panthers, 12-4 49ers

2014 (6-10): 10-6 Eagles

2015 (7-9): 13-3 Cardinals

2016 (4-12): 2-14 49ers

2018 (13-3): 13-3 Saints, 9-7 Eagles

So was it REALLY the “biases of all the officials” or was it a combination of the fact that the Rams were a sub-.500 team 5 out of those 6 seasons (every year under Fisher), they were in the top-5 or just outside the top-5 every year in penalties, and they were losing to better teams? Only one of those games they lost to a truly worse team (the 2016 49ers) and even then, the Rams were complete garbage considering Fisher got fired after playing y’all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

What about my post you quoted was trash talk? When I start talking trash, you’ll know it. :lol:

As for SaintsReport, there are many members that are fans of other teams that haven’t been banned: VikesFan2017, Arodgers12, Seahawker Ed, ect. are all valued contributors and haven’t been banned.

Largely because they can talk football and more importantly, keep their trash talk within the boundaries of the ToS. Saints fans that don’t follow the ToS are bounced equally as fast.

As for the yadda about the officials “that routinely called double the amount of penalty yardage on the Rams”, you do realize that the Rams under Jeff Fisher were consistently one of the most undisciplined teams regarding penalties in that span, right?

Let’s look at their penalty rankings and records while they were “0-8 with Vinovich as the referee since 2012”...

2012: 2nd most

2013: 3rd most

2014: 6th most (1 penalty out the top-5)

2015: T-9th most (10 penalties out the top-5)

2016: 5th most

2018: T-8th most (7 penalties out the top-5)

Now let’s look at their records and the records of those 8 teams they lost to...

2012 (7-8-1): 11-5 Packers

2013 (7-9): 12-4 Panthers, 12-4 49ers

2014 (6-10): 10-6 Eagles

2015 (7-9): 13-3 Cardinals

2016 (4-12): 2-14 49ers

2018 (13-3): 13-3 Saints, 9-7 Eagles

So was it REALLY the “biases of all the officials” or was it a combination of the fact that the Rams were a sub-.500 team 5 out of those 6 seasons (every year under Fisher), they were in the top-5 or just outside the top-5 every year in penalties, and they were losing to better teams? Only one of those games they lost to a truly worse team (the 2016 49ers) and even then, the Rams were complete garbage considering Fisher got fired after playing y’all.

Never said your post was trash talk. Just that it's allowed here. I was asking about the swamp forum. If you want you can act like licking the Saints feet to be a part of the forum is fine. Even respected members are downvoted into oblivion for suggesting the NFCCG wasn't a conspiracy. Go on - show me one post with a decent number of upvotes compared to downvotes proving otherwise. Just one.

Not arguing that the Rams weren't garbage under Fisher either. If you aren't going to take this seriously and just plan to selectively misquote me... :lol: Don't know why I'd bother arguing with someone whose fanbase seriously believes the NFL is out to get them when a Brees v Brady Superbowl would've been phenomenal for rankings. The LA market is tiny comparatively.

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now