Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cheap Talk

Worst Super Bowl Ratings in 10-Years

55 posts in this topic

The NFL is getting hit from all sides like never seen before. People are protesting Kaepernick not being able to find a team to take him. New Orleans boycotted the Super Bowl like never seen before in a strong football city. Veterans are protesting players kneeling for the National Anthem. Los Angeles had a team handed a Super Bowl berth, and guess what, Southern California could care less! Last but not least people are tired of seeing Mr. Kraft's New England Patriots hoist the Lombardy every other year (The Atlanta Falcons participated in one of the highest rated Super Bowls, you would think they would want them or Carolina in it every year?).

What is happening to the sport America once identified with? Is this the beginning of the end? Have too many people caught-on to things that do not pass the eye test? Are people wondering about how gambling could be influencing the sport?

It would appear that the NFL has had carte blanche for years in stacking the deck anyway they wanted it. They have never been challenged like this, and it does not appear to be letting-up, but rather gaining momentum!

Worst ratings in 10-years:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-04/ratings-worst-super-bowl-ever-hit-10-year-low

28 minutes ago, Internetallstar said:

I didn't watch a second of it. I'm so sick of awe struck commentators talking about how great Brady and the Pat's are.

Also, was there anyone who really thought the Rams had a chance? How would it have looked if they had won after the no call?

cool story

Boring game. I enjoy the sport of football in general, but this game seemed lackluster. I wouldn’t say that each teams’ defense was dominant, more like stout, if that makes any sense.

Each teams offense looked lost out there. Neither could get a rhythm going. The play calling seemed very vanilla and conservative. It seemed like both teams played “not to lose”, instead of trying to win.

Half the people at the Super Bowl party I attended left at half time. I saw a few people doze off. Between the poor game, poor commercials, and poor halftime, I can see why the ratings were bad. Best part of the night for me was the Endgame trailer. 

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I just hope we can get a Bowl before the League turns into Flag Football. We had our chance in 2016.

We'll be back. Probably in the next 1-3 years. 

Cheap Talk likes this

12 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Desevedely so! F that game, worst in NFL history...until the NFL gets NE Pats away from the SB, it will continue to dwindle in ratings! 

America is sick of those arse clowns! 

Maybe the refs should stop throwing a flag every time someone touches Brady. Let them hit Brady the way they hit Newton. That will keep them out.

22 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

and who cares loved the game, loved my city hosting it. never gonna make everyone happy 

22 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

cool story

27 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

and who cares loved the game, loved my city hosting it. never gonna make everyone happy 

I think the venue was great, no glitches there!

13 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

As long as it's not the Saints or Panthers I'm good. Wish it was us but oh well.

Bucs too. I still remember when they won theirs, and you'd think they were 5 time champs listening to Buc fans.

ratesforless likes this

Part of the Super Bowl high ratings are not just the hardcore NFL fans watching it, but also the casual fans as well who aren't really into the sport but still treat it as a big holiday once a year whether it's the only major football game they'll watch or if they are there for the funny commercials. The Patriots and Rams being a low scoring game didn't help at all, but the commercials have gotten worse and worse the last 5 years. The Kaepernick controversy and the flag controversy still lingers as much as people don't want to admit it. The halftime performance would have been a better choice had much better artists not decided to decline due to the political issues. A halftime performance IN ATLANTA should have been completely Atlanta hip hop themed and lit AF, but I don't blame them for not wanting to perform, and that's why Maroon 5 was chosen which was a bad choice. You gotta look at all of these factors. We live in a time where everyone is getting offended now over the littlest things with the social media era we're in and this heavily divided Trump era. So many Super Bowl commercials and jokes that were on years ago would NOT be able to make it on today. Truth told. 

26 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Half the people at the Super Bowl party I attended left at half time. I saw a few people doze off. Between the poor game, poor commercials, and poor halftime, I can see why the ratings were bad. Best part of the night for me was the Endgame trailer. 

I don't even remember any movie trailers throughout the Super Bowl at all. It's weird. 

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I just hope we can get a Bowl before the League turns into Flag Football. We had our chance in 2016.

I think that’s a big part of it. They are taking all of the excitement out of the game. 

The NFL has tried to get LA to care about pro football forever. It just doesn’t resonate for some reason in Southern Cali at the stadium or in front of the TV. LA’s TV market alone should have carried the ratings. 

Apparently the NFL has done an exeptionally poor job choosing who to rig the game for...

Amazing how the fix is in to tank their own  ratings. Somehow this organization called the NFL that can mastermind conspiracies involving 1000's of players and refs.... can manipulate the forces of nature to make kicks bounce off of goal posts... can apparently ionize footballs and magnetically charge receivers hands so miraculous catches can be made ensuring their desired result..

This incredible organization can not figure out which teams America wants to see in the championship, and show us a decently contrived game.

I am aghast (in purple)

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

I don't even remember any movie trailers throughout the Super Bowl at all. It's weird. 

Avengers

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

Part of the Super Bowl high ratings are not just the hardcore NFL fans watching it, but also the casual fans as well who aren't really into the sport but still treat it as a big holiday once a year whether it's the only major football game they'll watch or if they are there for the funny commercials. The Patriots and Rams being a low scoring game didn't help at all, but the commercials have gotten worse and worse the last 5 years. The Kaepernick controversy and the flag controversy still lingers as much as people don't want to admit it. The halftime performance would have been a better choice had much better artists not decided to decline due to the political issues. A halftime performance IN ATLANTA should have been completely Atlanta hip hop themed and lit AF, but I don't blame them for not wanting to perform, and that's why Maroon 5 was chosen which was a bad choice. You gotta look at all of these factors. We live in a time where everyone is getting offended now over the littlest things with the social media era we're in and this heavily divided Trump era. So many Super Bowl commercials and jokes that were on years ago would NOT be able to make it on today. Truth told. 

Good points, but you have to remember 2-years ago the NFL had nothing but blue skies. Issues seem to be piling-on and picking-up momentum. Social media has been with us for a while. You may be on to something in terms of the Trump phenomenon as one of the culprit. If the President calls you out, it is like people begin to open their eyes and say the NFL is not beyond scrutiny. Then the cracks in the dam  start giving way.

It is my opinion that the NFL has been one of the more dishonest parts of our society for some time. Will not call it illegal, because the NFL will be first to tell you if standing before Congress, that their sport is for entertainment purposes only. Yet they promote their sport as being played out with the best team winning.

To sum up, I think people are beginning to see through the deception, maybe due to the President of the United States calling them out. They sense something is not right, whether it is CTE or that the Patriots always participating in the Super Bowl. Like I mentioned above, things could get a lot worse before the blue skies come back.

mqg96 likes this