Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slickgadawg

D.J. Uiagalelei

30 posts in this topic

The guy can sling it 80 yards and says he has enough for more....GULP...   I WAS ready to crown Patrick Mahomes and Trevor Lawrence as the undisputed top quarterbacks of the next few years, but after seeing the tape of THIS dude right here,  there is room for another and he MIGHT become the best of those three.  Its a long shot for Georgia to sign him.  It looks like Oregon or Clemson are the frontrunners for him.   Regardless, the dude can seriously sling it...

Gotta take it easy on the “once in a generation” stuff. It gets said about players every single year. Really love this guy’s potential though. He is a big time player. You can see a good bit of him on season 2 of the show QB1 on Netflix also. They are following Re-al Mitchell, who was the senior starting QB at St John Bosco in 2017. DJ was a sophomore backup during that time, but when Mitchell struggled badly in a game (he threw 3 picks and wasn’t making the right reads, got benched) the coaches put in DJ and he led them to a comeback win from being down like 20.

Mitchell had a bit of an injury and was set to enroll early at Iowa State so when the coaches decided to rotate DJ and Mitchell, despite Mitchell winning/keeping the job when they had an open competition after that game, Mitchell’s dad pulled him from the team. Pretty interesting to watch. The Bosco coaches were very obviously enamored with DJ even as a sophomore, at one point the camera caught one of them just going on about how he is a beast. And he really is. Seems to be really grounded as well.

He’s definitely my #1 preference for QB in 2020 but it’s a pipe dream imo. It’s Clemson or Oregon for him and I won’t count out USC making a push.

Falconsin2012 and g-dawg like this

12 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

I mean.. how many once in a generation QBs can there be?

name them...

Edited by slickgadawg

57 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

name them...

Mahomes, Lawrence, and this dude are three you called once in a generation.

7 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

Fields was "generational" plenty of times...

Lol.  Too many people have written Fields off because of his playing time and now transferring - just watch.

7 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Are you guys pen pals yet?

Do you have a hit contract out on Fields family yet?

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Do you have a hit contract out on Fields family yet?

I'm not the one who tries to bring his name into every single conversation.  He's gone.  Let him (and your infatuation with him) go.

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

I'm not the one who tries to bring his name into every single conversation.  He's gone.  Let him (and your infatuation with him) go.

Look above.  I didn’t bring his name up - and won’t.  But as long as people like you want to suckerpunch on him, I will be here to counterpunch. 

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Look above.  I didn’t bring his name up - and won’t.  But as long as people like you want to suckerpunch on him, I will be here to counterpunch. 

I'm sure he's grateful.  And I wasn't speaking of this thread and your need to constantly bring his name up.

I'm sure he's grateful.  And I wasn't speaking of this thread and your need to constantly bring his name up.

tell me when was the last time I brought his name up - like I said, when you guys shut up about him, I will do the same.

I am the one telling y'all to just watch and see what he does at Ohio State - then let's discuss him - but because he's not a bulldog, you feel the need to take a giant crap on the kid and his abilities.

Why am I the bad guy when you are the one besmirching an 18yr old kid and his family?

I'm a UGA alum - graduated in 1988 - probably was cheering for the Dawgs before you were born.   I don't put the kid over the school - that is your perception but it's not reality.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

tell me when was the last time I brought his name up - like I said, when you guys shut up about him, I will do the same.

I am the one telling y'all to just watch and see what he does at Ohio State - then let's discuss him - but because he's not a bulldog, you feel the need to take a giant crap on the kid and his abilities.

Why am I the bad guy when you are the one besmirching an 18yr old kid and his family?

I'm a UGA alum - graduated in 1988 - probably was cheering for the Dawgs before you were born.   I don't put the kid over the school - that is your perception but it's not reality.

Step away from the keyboard.  You are way too protective of the Fields family.

Yes, you were probably cheering for the Dawgs before I was born.  I was at UGA with Kirby, so yes, you are a little older.  He and I were freshmen together in 94.

Yes, you were probably cheering for the Dawgs before I was born.  I was at UGA with Kirby, so yes, you are a little older.  He and I were freshmen together in 94.

just gonna let this die as this has been ad nauseum between me and you  - rather spend the day on recruiting where we can agree.

Turkeydawg likes this

7 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Dang I thought you were like in your early 30's. 

2 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Dang I thought you were like in your early 30's. 

Nah turkeydawg is quite old.. I have a picture of him last week while posting.. :) lol jk

14170943-smiling-happy-old-man-sitting-n

13 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Nah turkeydawg is quite old.. I have a picture of him last week while posting.. :) lol jk

14170943-smiling-happy-old-man-sitting-n

Man I laughed until I figured that I'm older than Turkeydawg.

g-dawg and SacFalcFan like this

5 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

name them...

I don’t know if any.. that’s my point 

4 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

Fields was "generational" plenty of times...

:lol:

and.

here.

we.

go

2 hours ago, frankly88 said:

Especially in the SAME generation. 

You're telling me that Watson, Trevor, Mahomes, Fields, Tua, Wilson, etc all can't be generational? That's just ridiculous!!