Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TRUju2111

AB involved in domestic dispute. Pay Julio!!

82 posts in this topic

Man, you cats need to stop using Julio as leverage to talk down on other players. Julio is a great person, players, and he's a Falcon. Leave that other s**t out of it. Everyone has their own issues. A lot of it comes from their lifestyles growing up. Don't be too quick to judge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Whatever he wants..thank God for such a good football player and teamate!

How about pay him what he signed for?  Why are we so adamant about letting players renege on their contracts? 

Will the fans change their tune when M Ryan looks to get paid more money after next season?  Or if we sign Grady, and he looks for more money 2 years into his contract?  Maybe D Freeman will ask for more money next season too?  If we gonna pay Julio more than what he signed on for, why not pay these other studs?

rugger8, falconfreak1 and caponine like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Man, you cats need to stop using Julio as leverage to talk down on other players. Julio is a great person, players, and he's a Falcon. Leave that other s**t out of it. Everyone has their own issues. A lot of it comes from their lifestyles growing up. Don't be too quick to judge.

Say this all the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, caponine said:

So because AB has somethings going on right now, that means they should pay Julio?? 

Exactly.  So many turds in here that think we should pay a player based on what some other player is doing (good or bad) or what other guys are getting paid.  Almost every year the rate of pay goes up for most positions so if you are any good you could ALWAYS argue that you should be paid more every year, since the going rate is always increasing.  Also maybe if Julio averaged more than 6 TDs in the past 3 seasons, he might have a better argument. 

 

I love Julio and I'm glad we got him, but **** dude, finish out your contract for what you signed.  Plus look at the teams in the SuperBowl, and lets break down some of the financial stats for them, since this is our goal to make it to the SuperBowl.

Position - rank in NFL based on 2018 salary cap dollars (1 is the most, and 32 is the least spent)

qbs - NE - 12th
Rams - 24th
Atl - 13th

***rbs - NE - 7th
Rams - 4th
Atl - 28th

wrs - NE - 15th
Rams - 16th
Atl - 5th

ol - NE - 26th
Rams - 8th
ATL - 7th

 

First off, it is interesting how people talk about not paying RBs, yet that was the biggest gap between the super bowl teams and Atl in salary, which is rather interesting.  It also shows that WRs aren't that big of a priority in spending like many here want to do with Julio.  This also shows how bad the oline signings have been but mostly just Ryan S.  Mack and Matthews have been good enough but the rest of the line has been a waste of money.  Also NE didn't even get to play any this season with their 1st round lineman as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caponine said:

So because AB has somethings going on right now, that means they should pay Julio?? 

Well yeah. Why not. I’ll take some too why we’re at it. My neighbor sucks. 

Wjcorner likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

Exactly.  So many turds in here that think we should pay a player based on what some other player is doing (good or bad) or what other guys are getting paid.  Almost every year the rate of pay goes up for most positions so if you are any good you could ALWAYS argue that you should be paid more every year, since the going rate is always increasing.  Also maybe if Julio averaged more than 6 TDs in the past 3 seasons, he might have a better argument. 

 

I love Julio and I'm glad we got him, but **** dude, finish out your contract for what you signed.  Plus look at the teams in the SuperBowl, and lets break down some of the financial stats for them, since this is our goal to make it to the SuperBowl.

Position - rank in NFL based on 2018 salary cap dollars (1 is the most, and 32 is the least spent)

qbs - NE - 12th
Rams - 24th
Atl - 13th

***rbs - NE - 7th
Rams - 4th
Atl - 28th

wrs - NE - 15th
Rams - 16th
Atl - 5th

ol - NE - 26th
Rams - 8th
ATL - 7th

 

First off, it is interesting how people talk about not paying RBs, yet that was the biggest gap between the super bowl teams and Atl in salary, which is rather interesting.  It also shows that WRs aren't that big of a priority in spending like many here want to do with Julio.  This also shows how bad the oline signings have been but mostly just Ryan S.  Mack and Matthews have been good enough but the rest of the line has been a waste of money.  Also NE didn't even get to play any this season with their 1st round lineman as well. 

One quick thing about running backs...........they're making a comeback. As far as the pay Julio because of what other players have going on, meh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a good reason to pay Julio . 

Everyone envies the Pats but wouldn’t be on the bandwagon with a Pat like decision. NE wouldn’t extend a 30+ old WR . He’d be traded . I would love a high 2nd for him . 

rugger8 and ya_boi_j like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very high chance this turns out to be absolutely nothing at all. You guys gotta learn to not jump to conclusions based off initial report. Wait until evidence is shown then attack. A domestic dispute can be anything from physical to verbal. Could also be a complete sham to make a player look horrible. See Reuben Foster and Francios(Florida State former QB)

Marco102 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Whatever he wants..thank God for such a good football player and teamate!

We paid him what he wanted already.

Who gives af what AB did when it comes to Julio's contract.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

A lot of it comes from their lifestyles growing up. Don't be too quick to judge.

That excuse is lame though. Be the change, break the cycle. It ain’t hard to do.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wartownfalcon said:

That excuse is lame though. Be the change, break the cycle. It ain’t hard to do.

your life experience isn't the same as the next person's life experience. Just because it wasn't hard for you, doesn't mean it will be simple for the next person

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

your life experience isn't the same as the next person's life experience. Just because it wasn't hard for you, doesn't mean it will be simple for the next person

Naw but my wife’s was. Alcoholic, abusive grandfather. Physically abusive dad and verbally abusive mom that always told her she wasn’t good enough. Mom always dropping her off with her grandma so she could go out at night. But she’s one of the most loving and kindest person’s I know and supportive mother. So yes, it’s an excuse. It’s really not hard to be a good person

Edited by wartownfalcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

Naw but my wife’s was. Alcoholic, abusive grandfather. Physically abusive dad and verbally abusive mom that always told her she wasn’t good enough. Mom always dropping her off with her grandma so she could go out at night. But she’s one of the most loving and kindest person’s I know and supportive mother. So yes, it’s an excuse. It’s really not hard to be a good person

It's not an excuse unless you make it an excuse. You can be the worst person in the world behind closed doors and a fraud to the public. Prematurely placing judgement is a bad trait of a person, but it doesn't make them a bad person, correct or incorrect? Everyone has their own struggles and everyone handles it differently, can't compare yours to the next. That's all I'm saying.

Marco102 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, caponine said:

So because AB has somethings going on right now, that means they should pay Julio?? 

LOL, AB always has something going on.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

We paid him what he wanted already.

Who gives af what AB did when it comes to Julio's contract.

Like it or not, Julio’s Contract is a priority for falcons in getting reworked. Which is what we told you guys would happen last year when your heads were spinning off during his ‘holdout’.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I don’t think we should pay Julio just because Brown is having some issues, I think we should pay Julio because he is the best receiver in the league and has out worked his contract. 

1989Fan and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AB being a moron , is not a reason to over pay a aging crippled WR, the Falcons need to be careful how they do it. If they choose to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

LOL, AB always has something going on.

Like it or not, Julio’s Contract is a priority for falcons in getting reworked. Which is what we told you guys would happen last year when your heads were spinning off during his ‘holdout’.

I never said he wasn't gonna get a rework I just get tired of seeing "pay the man" like he doesn't already have a contract he negotiated before.

Also my head wasn't spinning about his holdout but my thoughts were that he signed his contract and should play more than 2 years before demanding another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

AB being a moron , is not a reason to over pay a aging crippled WR, the Falcons need to be careful how they do it. If they choose to do it. 

So what did he do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0