Alford Being Released

Since1990

1 hour ago, roguebeaver said:

Bye bye flagman! Never learned the art of the sell! Alford always getting the flags! 

Always leery of the lags for holding or pi...shame

Finally someone on this board other than me that calls it as you see it. I agree 100% he is a flagman and as I said earlier...………….Bye boy!!!

Edited by Wwfalconfan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alford was a DGF (Dayum Good Falcon)!!!

Nothing but respect for Rocky!   He played aggressive and refs seemed to call penalties on him at a higher clip than other “handset” corners like Richard Sherman and the like.   Regardless I liked how aggressive he played the position and his penalties didn’t bother me as much as most.

Wishing you all the best, Rocky!

1 hour ago, Gold4425 said:

Yo some of you are cold! Ok Alford didn't have a good year but I don't know if injuries and NO PASS RUSH played a part in his decline? I understand the saved $$$$ but some of you guys go for the jugular vein. Man, Blank's wife, OC and DC coordinators  and the special teams coach, F O cutting cats like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Thanks Alford for what you gave.

Take away Rico Neal and Debo for the most part of the season and you see how both sides and the backend suffered.

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

If I were the GM or HC I would have been poised to cut both of em based on play alone. We haven't had a corner since Grimes and Asante left seven years ago. You know that bro. 

This is why you don't know what you're doing. Cutting Trufant cost more than it gives us.

9 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Alford gave me two of my very favorite memories as a Falcons fan.

I was 1-2 in the 3 games I was able to make at The Georgia Dome. The “1” was his overtime pick 6 against the Redskins. SO much fun.

The other happened exactly two years ago today and had me running around my apartment in utter jubilation, certain we’d just built a lead that would hold until the Lombardi was in our hands. If only .....

Thanks for the memories, Alf. 

I have to add the 'flop' against Aaron Rodgers on the sideline - Lebron even took notes!   Good Luck Alf!

6 hours ago, Tandy said:

I have to add the 'flop' against Aaron Rodgers on the sideline - Lebron even took notes!   Good Luck Alf!

Classic because: it was the greatest Falcon win in recent memory, A-a-ron was so frustrated that he could not figure out the Falcons, and Rocky was having the time of his life.

People don't seem to realize that, if there was no salary cap, Alford would still be a Falcon. Need that 8 mil though, to pay Grady

Looks like Oliver and Kazee get a lot more playing time next year. I'm good with that.

Hoping that, between Alford and Coleman, falcons get a couple of  nice comp picks next year.

Oops, as @Smiler11 pointed out, no comp for a player who got cut. So, no comp for Alford.