Since1990

Alford Being Released

153 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, roguebeaver said:

Bye bye flagman! Never learned the art of the sell! Alford always getting the flags! 

Always leery of the lags for holding or pi...shame

Finally someone on this board other than me that calls it as you see it. I agree 100% he is a flagman and as I said earlier...………….Bye boy!!!

Edited by Wwfalconfan

31 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

To all the haters, at least he knew how to catch the ball unlike our other corner

Same number of picks as Tru last 2 seasons. Just saying...

3 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

This is dumb..Alford saves us over 7m and Trufant would be a bunch of dead money. Anyone who didn't see this coming is blind

But Trufant sucks just as much, he just has dead money on his side.

Alford was a DGF (Dayum Good Falcon)!!!

Nothing but respect for Rocky!   He played aggressive and refs seemed to call penalties on him at a higher clip than other “handset” corners like Richard Sherman and the like.   Regardless I liked how aggressive he played the position and his penalties didn’t bother me as much as most.

Wishing you all the best, Rocky!

1 hour ago, Gold4425 said:

Yo some of you are cold! Ok Alford didn't have a good year but I don't know if injuries and NO PASS RUSH played a part in his decline? I understand the saved $$$$ but some of you guys go for the jugular vein. Man, Blank's wife, OC and DC coordinators  and the special teams coach, F O cutting cats like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Thanks Alford for what you gave.

Take away Rico Neal and Debo for the most part of the season and you see how both sides and the backend suffered.

federicofalcon2 likes this

Always had high hopes for the guy. Unfortunately his play was just too horrendous this past season. Good luck Alford and I hope you can finish out your career somewhere. Just hopefully not in New Orleans. 

4 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

very good

Belichek just said he loves players who are reliable and consistent. I'm a huuge fan of Alford's mindset and ball skills but he's anything but reliable or consistent. 

MoFalconsFan56 and Smiler11 like this

4 hours ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

Didnt like the pick.   The honey badger was still available when we took rocky...      just hope he doesnt stay in the NFC south 

I was so mad we took Alford over Mathieu! 

falconfanEST1989 likes this

36 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Belichek just said he loves players who are reliable and consistent. I'm a huuge fan of Alford's mindset and ball skills but he's anything but reliable or consistent. 

Does Sean payton feel the same way?

3 hours ago, Sir Joe™ said:

I'll wait until he's actually out the door. 

He's probably holding on to it prior to the door opening. 

Colddddddd :o

Godzilla1985 likes this

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

If I were the GM or HC I would have been poised to cut both of em based on play alone. We haven't had a corner since Grimes and Asante left seven years ago. You know that bro. 

This is why you don't know what you're doing. Cutting Trufant cost more than it gives us.

Ergo Proxy likes this

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Tru has a Dimi cap hit and can't be cut. Shame, shame, shame.

No but you take him and our number 2 wr and go to Pitt and get you another big time player. 

8 hours ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

Didnt like the pick.   The honey badger was still available when we took rocky...      just hope he doesnt stay in the NFC south 

You said sum there!

The writing was obviously on the wall the moment we drafted Oliver. The fact he was the worst CB in football last year was just the nail in the coffin.

I wish him all the best. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

9 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Alford gave me two of my very favorite memories as a Falcons fan.

I was 1-2 in the 3 games I was able to make at The Georgia Dome. The “1” was his overtime pick 6 against the Redskins. SO much fun.

The other happened exactly two years ago today and had me running around my apartment in utter jubilation, certain we’d just built a lead that would hold until the Lombardi was in our hands. If only .....

Thanks for the memories, Alf. 

I have to add the 'flop' against Aaron Rodgers on the sideline - Lebron even took notes!   Good Luck Alf!

1989Fan, Jesus, falconsfan84 and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, Tandy said:

I have to add the 'flop' against Aaron Rodgers on the sideline - Lebron even took notes!   Good Luck Alf!

LOL!!!

that was the worst flop I've ever seent in my life, and is never not funny!!!

Tandy and Ergo Proxy like this

Alford was a very useful Falcon. Worked out well while he was here. I am sure he and his agent saw this one coming though as it made too much business sense. No mystery there. He still has a few good years in the tank and can help a team. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

40 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Big mistake. Mark it down. 

He ranked as one of the worst corners in the league last year. He is not worth 8 million right now. 

Smiler11 and Ergo Proxy like this

1 hour ago, stizz said:

He ranked as one of the worst corners in the league last year. He is not worth 8 million right now. 

Arguably the worst. He gave up more yards than any other CB in football last year.

Ergo Proxy likes this

6 hours ago, Tandy said:

Classic because: it was the greatest Falcon win in recent memory, A-a-ron was so frustrated that he could not figure out the Falcons, and Rocky was having the time of his life.

Tandy and Ergo Proxy like this

People don't seem to realize that, if there was no salary cap, Alford would still be a Falcon. Need that 8 mil though, to pay Grady

Looks like Oliver and Kazee get a lot more playing time next year. I'm good with that.

Hoping that, between Alford and Coleman, falcons get a couple of  nice comp picks next year.

Oops, as @Smiler11 pointed out, no comp for a player who got cut. So, no comp for Alford.

Ergo Proxy likes this