Prescod: 3rd Round Gem

I’ve posted similar things about this man.  He is flying under the radar.  Highest graded lineman in college football.....allowed ZERO sacks and ZERO pressures in 348 pass protection plays.  And he’s the top run blocker in the draft by a mile 

Watch #70 blow people up in the 2nd video provided in this link

Terronne Prescod is the nation's highest-graded offensive guard as he also holds the nation's best run-blocking grade

Prescod’s All American Blurb:

OFFENSIVE GUARD – TERRONNE PRESCOD, NC STATE

Prescod finished the 2018 regular season with the highest overall grade (85.7) among all offensive linemen as he allowed just six hurries on 342 pass-blocking snaps. His 86.2 run-blocking grade was 4.1 points higher than the next closest offensive lineman.

31 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

@FalconFanSince1970 @Knight of God Watch the 2nd video from the link above and tell me what I’m missing.  This is Rd 1 talent being overlooked

A lot of people are on his page. I gotta watch more of his tape. The last time I looked was a quick glance and I thought he looked bottom heavy. Could be great if we start running inside games, but Quinn said we're staying with the sideways run game so I'm not too sure about him in that system.

13 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Doesn’t seem to fit the ZBS, but I would take good players regardless of fit in the mid rounds all day. 

Yeah bro. BPA. Don't get caught up in a scheme cause the new coaches may change the scheme, or they could all get canned in a year or two for a new regime. Protect the brotherhood with BPAs.

29 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

He looks pretty strong, plods a little. I wouldn’t mind at all. 

FFS70 is probably right about him being bottom heavy. He also benefits from good players next to him on the OL.  Same with Jonah and Ford.  But Prescod in the run game graded out 4 points higher than the #2 run blocking lineman in the country.  That’s staggering

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

A lot of people are on his page. I gotta watch more of his tape. The last time I looked was a quick glance and I thought he looked bottom heavy. Could be great if we start running inside games, but Quinn said we're staying with the sideways run game so I'm not too sure about him in that system.

We're staying outside zone primarily but he said we're going to run more inside zone, which was music to my ears. 

@Falconsin2012 Prescod is a good find! I like this kid. He's big and physical and consistent, which is all you can ask for from guards. His big but no more than Cody Ford would be. We're so used to seeing 300 lb OL that we see a mammoth and think they're too big. Tell that to Rodger Saffold. Nothing to get Prescod down about 10 pounds. I think that's where his issue primarily lies, being over weight. You can tell by the way he's consistently able to flips his hips to open holes. 

42 minutes ago, vel said:

We're staying outside zone primarily but he said we're going to run more inside zone, which was music to my ears. 

@Falconsin2012 Prescod is a good find! I like this kid. He's big and physical and consistent, which is all you can ask for from guards. His big but no more than Cody Ford would be. We're so used to seeing 300 lb OL that we see a mammoth and think they're too big. Tell that to Rodger Saffold. Nothing to get Prescod down about 10 pounds. I think that's where his issue primarily lies, being over weight. You can tell by the way he's consistently able to flips his hips to open holes. 

Gotta watch more tape. Last time I did he didn't seem like a guy that can get to the edge. Could be wrong.

7 hours ago, vel said:

He’d be ideal if we start utilizing more inside zone....

He could play outside or inside but his conditioning would have to really be peak to do outside zone just as well as inside. For his age his looks pretty strong though. I watched the one YouTube video I could find vs. Virginia. At first I keep confusing him for the right guard who was stout but not very strong. Had to double check his jersey number to actually get a real look at him. Plus he went to Columbia High too? Wow man. Great find. Didn't know this guy even existed until today! Too bad tho because judging by the past the Falcons usually miss out on good big black offensive lineman. I'm just saying: They have a track record of missing these types of guys. It's been proven by data. :munch:

16 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah bro. BPA. Don't get caught up in a scheme cause the new coaches may change the scheme, or they could all get canned in a year or two for a new regime. Protect the brotherhood with BPAs.

The good thing is N.C. STATE runs a zone blocking scheme.  But he’s a maulers.  12 pancake blocks vs BC alone.  He also thrived playing  LT in 2017 

5 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

He could play outside or inside but his conditioning would have to really be peak to do outside zone just as well as inside. For his age his looks pretty strong though. I watched the one YouTube video I could find vs. Virginia. At first I keep confusing him for the right guard who was stout but not very strong. Had to double check his jersey number to actually get a real look at him. Plus he went to Columbia High too? Wow man. Great find. Didn't know this guy even existed until today! Too bad tho because judging by the past the Falcons usually miss out on good big black offensive lineman. I'm just saying: They have a track record of missing these types of guys. It's been proven by data. :munch:

5 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

3'rd round gems in February tend to turn into 1'st round projects in April. If that doesn't happen I could be down. I can't find much tape of him running though, that's the only concern. 

The video I posted above shows how he gets to the 2nd level well in their zone scheme.  But he may climb.  A month ago he was projected 5th round and now it’s 3rd.  Plus he has a good heart

NC State OL Terronne Prescod made positive headlines after Clemson loss

Matt Carter • TheWolfpacker.com

Cfqpcdn5wtticrokmyry

Jacey Zembal

Not all the headlines from Saturday’s 41-7 loss at Clemson were bad. Fifth-year senior Wolfpack offensive lineman Terronne Prescod’s act of kindness following the game was universally applauded.

With the contest over, Prescod knew that it was moment of dejection for Wolfpack nation. Still, he felt it was important to go acknowledge the NC State fans that had stayed the whole game and show his appreciation. During the course of exchanging fives with some of then, he noticed a spectator trying to take advantage of Clemson allowing its fans to go onto the field after the contest.

Beth Hadley, a fourth-grade teacher in Greenville, S.C., was one of those trying to get on the field, but she was caught off guard over how steep the drop was from the wall to the surface. That’s when Prescod first noticed Hadley.

“It was a long jump,” Prescod confirmed. “Being a gentleman, I just helped her down.”

Prescod did not think much of it. He had forgotten all about it by the time he left the locker room following the game. Unbeknownst to him, Raleigh News and Observerphotographer Ethan Hyman, who has a knack for capturing memorable moments, witnessed it all and took a quick shot of Prescod’s act of good deed. Hyman immediately posted the moment for all to see.

image_bigger.jpg

One of those moments - @PackFootball's @nfl_70 takes the time to help a Clemson fan take the field after the game.

Adding to the story is that Prescod twice had to be helped off the field during the Clemson game holding his back.

“It was second nature to just help her out,” Prescod said. “I didn’t think about the injury at all.”

Prescod played 41 snaps against Clemson. When looking back on his day job performance, Prescod saw mixed results from the offensive line against the Tigers’ vaunted defensive front.

“I felt like we held up kind of well,” Prescod said. “I feel like the moment was a little too big and everything was very fast, but I felt like we held up and I feel like once we got into a rhythm we got better.”

On 2/5/2019 at 5:33 PM, vel said:

Hard to believe Prescod was snubbed for the Senior Bowl & now the combine.  Just saw this on PFF.  Not only was Prescod the top graded lineman in college this year while playing OG, but last year he was....

rated as the No. 1 tackle in the country by Pro Football Focus during his junior season

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/north-carolina-state/LongFormArticle/2019-NFL-Combine-Invitation-List-NC-State-Invites-Snubs-128844138/Amp/