Jump to content

Do we need to replace Teco if he leaves or are we good with what we have


lju713
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If Freeman stays healthy he is a good fit for Koetter.

He won't stay healthy, RB's don't usually recover and stay healthy after getting dinged up so much like Freeman has and the concussion issues don't go away they just get worse.

Also the pass blocking liability issues can't be over stated he pretty much cost us a Super bowl that needs to be addressed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Can’t see that happening....we overpaid for Free or it sure seems like it. Hopefully he can stay healthy for two more yrs.

I think he will be ok.  He rested the whole year.  I dont know if 8 mill a year is overpaying when Gurley and likely Bell will get 15 mill a year.  Freeman is a probowler and ran for over 30 TDs and 3000 yards from 2015-2017.  Its not like he is 31 years old.  Dude turns 27 this year.

The injuries are concerning but I trust a young hungry guy like Freeman to come back strong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stryka said:

I think he will be ok.  He rested the whole year.  I dont know if 8 mill a year is overpaying when Gurley and likely Bell will get 15 mill a year.  Freeman is a probowler and ran for over 30 TDs and 3000 yards from 2015-2017.  Its not like he is 31 years old.  Dude turns 27 this year.

The injuries are concerning but I trust a young hungry guy like Freeman to come back strong. 

I love Free when he’s healthy but with his running style, concussions are likely and 2-3 yrs of not so good knee worries me. One more hard bump to the head could also end his career. Just hoping we can get 2 maybe three more healthy yrs out of him and that would be great

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I love Free when he’s healthy but with his running style, concussions are likely and 2-3 yrs of not so good knee worries me. One more hard bump to the head could also end his career. Just hoping we can get 2 maybe three more healthy yrs out of him and that would be great

Just want him to make it through next year right now.  His style is slippery but he makes contact when he wants usually in secondary.  He has taken some big hits from backers from time to time. Notably Hitchens in the Dallas game. I think he will be fine.  My issue will be that his body type and style dont match with longevity, thats including his niftyness but hey look at Darren Sproeles still quick as **** just doesnt have the long speed. He wasnt a fulltime back either though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Just want him to make it through next year right now.  His style is slippery but he makes contact when he wants usually in secondary.  He has taken some big hits from backers from time to time. Notably Hitchens in the Dallas game. I think he will be fine.  My issue will be that his body type and style dont match with longevity, thats including his niftyness but hey look at Darren Sproeles still quick as **** just doesnt have the long speed. He wasnt a fulltime back either though.

Say it again for the folks in the back!  Agree 100% with this and been screaming it from day 1.  Free is slippery af, with great vision, he doesn't need to be taking those kill shots to be effective.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

What's Terron Ward doing these days?

Free

Ito

Hill

Langford\Ward\UDFA\mid to low draft pick

Finding a FB who can handle a few touches a game would be nice. 

How does Koetter handle an FB? Would be nice to have another set of receiving hands out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

How does Koetter handle an FB? Would be nice to have another set of receiving hands out there.

He got Snelling/Cox a lot of touches in 2012.

Last season I'm not sure TB even had a FB get a touch. I think if he has one he trusts he uses them.

Edited by Geneaut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I saw this season and I tweeted about before @CookieByNature btw if yall want to follow me I follow back. Ito can bring the same things Teco brought except raw speed. We will have two clones in Freeman/Smith. Then we will have a sort of power back in Hill which is another dimension. You only replace TeCo if you think we absolutely need the "elusive" back. It's not likely his type is needed in a Dirk Koetter offense. So by not readily replacing him you save money to use on other positions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

From what I saw this season and I tweeted about before @CookieByNature btw if yall want to follow me I follow back. Ito can bring the same things Teco brought except raw speed. We will have two clones in Freeman/Smith. Then we will have a sort of power back in Hill which is another dimension. You only replace TeCo if you think we absolutely need the "elusive" back. It's not likely his type is needed in a Dirk Koetter offense. So by not readily replacing him you save money to use on other positions. 

eh...Freeman and Ito are the elusive backs, that's not Tevin's game.  Tevin is straight line speed like you said.  If we need to replace anything, it would be that.  I think this all hinges on Freeman's health (and the status of our oline).  If he is finally over his injuries, we will be just fine.  If not and we are reliant on Ito and Hill, we won't be so fine.

Edited by athell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Draft another mid-to-late. No gaurrantees there.

Broncos found a Pro Bowl RB as a NCAA Free Agent.

I do no expect that to happen again for a while.

The Falcons were down to Brian Williams during a game late in the 2018 season.

Edited by Rise
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

I love Free when he’s healthy but with his running style, concussions are likely and 2-3 yrs of not so good knee worries me. One more hard bump to the head could also end his career. Just hoping we can get 2 maybe three more healthy yrs out of him and that would be great

We'll be lucky to get 2-3 healthy games out of him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/4/2019 at 8:43 PM, lju713 said:

I like the RB Henderson out of Memphis, we is a weapon in all 3 offensive phases(Run,receiving,returns) and has that home run threat ability. Same as Teco and i know he is gonna get a deal we wont match in FA. Brian Hill showed promise and has the size to finish runs. Ito is a nimble version on Free and is a playmaker.

Do we add a back early like Jacobs(ALA) if we address needs like G,T,and DT in FA. Off all the backs we have, I wish we would add a Turner clone to the equation.

Thoughts?

I like that Brian Hill kid.... :mmmhmm:  ,, But yes,, I do think we should draft one late with one of out comp picks.. We should always be looking for that steal in the Draft at all positions.. and that includes a RB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...