lju713

Do we need to replace Teco if he leaves or are we good with what we have

58 posts in this topic

i wonder how much interest cj anderson will gather? he is about 225 and people around here have been clamoring for a bigger back for short yardage since turner. he did a decent job filling in for gurley, so in a rotation he should do ok. 

10 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If Freeman stays healthy he is a good fit for Koetter.

He won't stay healthy, RB's don't usually recover and stay healthy after getting dinged up so much like Freeman has and the concussion issues don't go away they just get worse.

Also the pass blocking liability issues can't be over stated he pretty much cost us a Super bowl that needs to be addressed.

Fix the oline issues.

Smith is pretty good and will do well when spelling Freeman.

You can find a decent mid round RB in the draft to fill the Coleman role. Great running backs are hard to replace. Change of pace backs are easy to find.

Seriously please don’t shoot! Mark Ingram though! I’m just wondering what type of market will be there for him and if that could possibly be a cheaper option (1-2 year deal) than signing Teço 

You need 4 RBS on the roster.    Ito and free are 5'8" and shorter.    Hill is 6'1"  I like Elijah Holyfield... would be a great fit.   Can catch out of the backfield. Can get the tough shortyardage for us...     

I like the Henderson kid out of Memphis, too. Falcons have SO MANY huge needs though along both lines...I won't be mad if they roll with who they have at RB for next season.

I'm biased, but I want Josh Jacobs.  He can do so many things that can make the offense that much more potent.  He returns kicks, catches out of the backfield, runs with power and anger.  He was also a wildcat QB in HS and at Bama.

I've said it over the last two years, I want him in red and black!

20 minutes ago, Jay Z said:

Seriously please don’t shoot! Mark Ingram though! I’m just wondering what type of market will be there for him and if that could possibly be a cheaper option (1-2 year deal) than signing Teço 

I don't think Ingram would want to come here. The hate between the 2 teams is real.

11 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Can’t see that happening....we overpaid for Free or it sure seems like it. Hopefully he can stay healthy for two more yrs.

I think he will be ok.  He rested the whole year.  I dont know if 8 mill a year is overpaying when Gurley and likely Bell will get 15 mill a year.  Freeman is a probowler and ran for over 30 TDs and 3000 yards from 2015-2017.  Its not like he is 31 years old.  Dude turns 27 this year.

The injuries are concerning but I trust a young hungry guy like Freeman to come back strong. 

RB is likely not on the board until 4th round at the earliest.  We have had plenty success drafting RBs on day 2 and 3.  No need to change that now.

2 hours ago, Stryka said:

I think he will be ok.  He rested the whole year.  I dont know if 8 mill a year is overpaying when Gurley and likely Bell will get 15 mill a year.  Freeman is a probowler and ran for over 30 TDs and 3000 yards from 2015-2017.  Its not like he is 31 years old.  Dude turns 27 this year.

The injuries are concerning but I trust a young hungry guy like Freeman to come back strong. 

I love Free when he’s healthy but with his running style, concussions are likely and 2-3 yrs of not so good knee worries me. One more hard bump to the head could also end his career. Just hoping we can get 2 maybe three more healthy yrs out of him and that would be great

Stryka likes this

7 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I love Free when he’s healthy but with his running style, concussions are likely and 2-3 yrs of not so good knee worries me. One more hard bump to the head could also end his career. Just hoping we can get 2 maybe three more healthy yrs out of him and that would be great

Just want him to make it through next year right now.  His style is slippery but he makes contact when he wants usually in secondary.  He has taken some big hits from backers from time to time. Notably Hitchens in the Dallas game. I think he will be fine.  My issue will be that his body type and style dont match with longevity, thats including his niftyness but hey look at Darren Sproeles still quick as **** just doesnt have the long speed. He wasnt a fulltime back either though.

Atl Falcon and athell like this

What's Terron Ward doing these days?

Free

Ito

Hill

Langford\Ward\UDFA\mid to low draft pick

Finding a FB who can handle a few touches a game would be nice. 

19 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Just want him to make it through next year right now.  His style is slippery but he makes contact when he wants usually in secondary.  He has taken some big hits from backers from time to time. Notably Hitchens in the Dallas game. I think he will be fine.  My issue will be that his body type and style dont match with longevity, thats including his niftyness but hey look at Darren Sproeles still quick as **** just doesnt have the long speed. He wasnt a fulltime back either though.

Say it again for the folks in the back!  Agree 100% with this and been screaming it from day 1.  Free is slippery af, with great vision, he doesn't need to be taking those kill shots to be effective.

14 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Free

Ito

Hill

How does Koetter handle an FB? Would be nice to have another set of receiving hands out there.

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

How does Koetter handle an FB? Would be nice to have another set of receiving hands out there.

He got Snelling/Cox a lot of touches in 2012.

Last season I'm not sure TB even had a FB get a touch. I think if he has one he trusts he uses them.

Edited by Geneaut
Jesus likes this

From what I saw this season and I tweeted about before @CookieByNature btw if yall want to follow me I follow back. Ito can bring the same things Teco brought except raw speed. We will have two clones in Freeman/Smith. Then we will have a sort of power back in Hill which is another dimension. You only replace TeCo if you think we absolutely need the "elusive" back. It's not likely his type is needed in a Dirk Koetter offense. So by not readily replacing him you save money to use on other positions. 

athell likes this

4 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

From what I saw this season and I tweeted about before @CookieByNature btw if yall want to follow me I follow back. Ito can bring the same things Teco brought except raw speed. We will have two clones in Freeman/Smith. Then we will have a sort of power back in Hill which is another dimension. You only replace TeCo if you think we absolutely need the "elusive" back. It's not likely his type is needed in a Dirk Koetter offense. So by not readily replacing him you save money to use on other positions. 

eh...Freeman and Ito are the elusive backs, that's not Tevin's game.  Tevin is straight line speed like you said.  If we need to replace anything, it would be that.  I think this all hinges on Freeman's health (and the status of our oline).  If he is finally over his injuries, we will be just fine.  If not and we are reliant on Ito and Hill, we won't be so fine.

Edited by athell

Draft another mid-to-late. No gaurrantees there.

Broncos found a Pro Bowl RB as a NCAA Free Agent.

I do no expect that to happen again for a while.

The Falcons were down to Brian Williams during a game late in the 2018 season.

Edited by Rise

We run 62 plays a game. We have enough skill players to distribute those touches to, Julio, Free, Ridley, Hoop and Sanu. Spread the other 15 snaps to Ito, Hill, Saubert and Gage. Fix the OLine and let em eat.

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

Free

Ito

Hill

Paging Jalston Fowler...

3 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

We'll be lucky to get 2-3 healthy games out of him