lju713

Do we need to replace Teco if he leaves or are we good with what we have

58 posts in this topic

I like the RB Henderson out of Memphis, we is a weapon in all 3 offensive phases(Run,receiving,returns) and has that home run threat ability. Same as Teco and i know he is gonna get a deal we wont match in FA. Brian Hill showed promise and has the size to finish runs. Ito is a nimble version on Free and is a playmaker.

Do we add a back early like Jacobs(ALA) if we address needs like G,T,and DT in FA. Off all the backs we have, I wish we would add a Turner clone to the equation.

Thoughts?

14 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

No, we really are not, but imaginations tend to run wild. Underdog players are intriguing for many here.

I mean if there's a position to hang on to that story line it's gonna be RB though. 

Knight of God likes this

I’m concerned about asking Devonta Freeman to carry more load than we’ve really ever asked of him coming off two injury marred seasons.

I think it’s more than just Coleman and replacing him.  I think RB might be as precarious a depth chart issue as we have.

egoprime II likes this

I'm more worried about replacing Freeman. Besides being a huge liability in pass blocking Freeman will never be healthy enough to be depended on for a whole season. Even if he gets his knee and groin issues fixed he is one helmet hit away from having to retire.

If we go into next season thinking Freeman will carry our run game we are going to be on 2nd and 3rd string RBs by game 3. 

1 hour ago, lju713 said:

I like the RB Henderson out of Memphis, we is a weapon in all 3 offensive phases(Run,receiving,returns) and has that home run threat ability. Same as Teco and i know he is gonna get a deal we wont match in FA. Brian Hill showed promise and has the size to finish runs. Ito is a nimble version on Free and is a playmaker.

Do we add a back early like Jacobs(ALA) if we address needs like G,T,and DT in FA. Off all the backs we have, I wish we would add a Turner clone to the equation.

Thoughts?

Very good question. I hope we get lucky and keep Coleman

29 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I'm more worried about replacing Freeman. Besides being a huge liability in pass blocking Freeman will never be healthy enough to be depended on for a whole season. Even if he gets his knee and grown issues fixed he is one helmet hit away from having to retire.

If we go into next season thinking Freeman will carry our run game we are going to be on 2nd and 3rd string RBs by game 3. 

I said this during the SB. We should've franchised Free in 2017 and let him walk in 2018, paid Teco and got a power back. The organization drafted Hill and Ito as insurance for injury or FA. This draft only had 3 or 4 RBs I like. Henderson,Jacobs,Holyfield,Justice Hill,the kid out of Iowa State, and the Turner clone from Nebraska

32 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I'm more worried about replacing Freeman. Besides being a huge liability in pass blocking Freeman will never be healthy enough to be depended on for a whole season. Even if he gets his knee and grown issues fixed he is one helmet hit away from having to retire.

Freeman might be good for another year or two. I doubt he finishes his contract. Unfortunately 

1 minute ago, lju713 said:

I said this during the SB. We should've franchised Free in 2017 and let him walk in 2018, paid Teco and got a power back. The organization drafted Hill and Ito as insurance for injury or FA. This draft only had 3 or 4 RBs I like. Henderson,Jacobs,Holyfield,Justice Hill,the kid out of Iowa State, and the Turner clone from Nebraska

If Freeman stays healthy he is a good fit for Koetter.

I think that running back is when those very under the radar positions that we may need.

Free is fantastic.... but it is fair to wonder if his body will hold up.

Ito showed some promise as being a freeman clone... but also we need to see how he's coming off of an injury.

Hill did some really good things towards the end of the season but it's still a very small sample size... if he learns to square his shoulders and get down hill then there could be a spot for him in the rotation as the short-yardage / power back.

Dk traditionally has a bigger back as part of his running back group...so if it it NOT hill then i expect us to bring in a bigger type back

Knight of God likes this

39 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Very good question. I hope we get lucky and keep Coleman

Can’t see that happening....we overpaid for Free or it sure seems like it. Hopefully he can stay healthy for two more yrs.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

If Free is healthy I think we will be OK. We only run the ball 26 times a game. He can handle most of that load and is a good receiver. Ito can spell him. Hill can handle the short yardage, goal line and clock killing game. Langford has similar size and speed as Coleman and is also a good receiver. Fix the OLine and they will shine.

2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Can’t see that happening....we overpaid for Free or it sure seems like it. Hopefully he can stay healthy for two more yrs.

If Free stays healthy he'll be worth it. And if Koetter uses him right. Big ifs. Sark didn't use the backs well imo.

Flying Falcon and Atl Falcon like this

8 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Build a monster line and get an RB off the street. We’ve seen a million times backs come out of nowhere to run behind monster lines.

This..

I have little faith in Freeman remaining healthy but if we have a line we can find someone to run behind it. Look what the Rams did with CJ Anderson.

NeonDeion likes this

I dont get the overwhelming desire to waste draft commodity on this board. Every thread and Mock has us taking a RB. Look at what the Eagles did with Ajai and Blount, The Rams did with CJ Anderson. Rex Burkhead was drafted by the Bengals and wins a ring with the Pats. We don't need the next stud full time back, we need a rotational back, possible power back which can be picked up in FA. Peyton Barber was UDFA with Koetters offense. Drafting a RB is not worth it unless you are picking your next starter.

Spend the picks on Oline and even jaquizz rodgers could run the ball.

Edited by runshoot