Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jayu70

Trade Deadline Rumors: Hawks and Around The NBA

49 posts in this topic

Today might be a good day, to sign up for Twitter and follow Kevin or somebody, lol..o do check the boards here and there, but I'm looking over my shoulder for stuff to go down

The Atlanta Hawks exist solely to complete other team’s buyouts.

5 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Welp, that was...uneventful.

Are you that surprised?

datboilando likes this

19 minutes ago, Nereek said:

The Atlanta Hawks exist solely to complete other team’s buyouts.

Are you that surprised?

This is almost as bad as not adding anyone to our 60 win team a few years back..we never do anything that helps this team or makes sense. The one time we do make a deal we trade away Nique the year we are winning it all

Edited by TRUju2111

Just now, TRUju2111 said:

This is almost as bad as not adding anyone to our 60 win team a few years back..we never do anything that helps this team or makes sense. The one time we do make a deal we trade away Niue the year we are winning it all

Wont help if hawks keep winning and is out of the top 5 pick.

Just now, Nereek said:

Wont help if hawks keep winning and is out of the top 5 pick.

Ya that's why we trade the guys for picks and benefit the future not only by aquiring picks, but making the team worse the rest of the season. Instead we do nothing 

1 minute ago, TRUju2111 said:

Ya that's why we trade the guys for picks and benefit the future not only by aquiring picks, but making the team worse the rest of the season. Instead we do nothing 

Draft picks are worthless in the nba when teams can just protect them for years.

20 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Draft picks are worthless in the nba when teams can just protect them for years.

I think I would enjoy talking to a wall more than this bs..I'm out

Mavericks trade of two 1st round picks in trade w/ Knicks for the Unicorn - those have to be after the Hawks get our 1st round pick from Mavs this year, right?   

Does this strip the "Top 5" protected off the Mavs pick so we get it no matter what?

Beef likes this

Wanted some kind of deal, but only if we could get something valuable. Don't want to take on some teams bad contracts

17 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Wanted some kind of deal, but only if we could get something valuable. Don't want to take on some teams bad contracts

I think teams wanted to unload bad contracts and I’m glad Schlenk didn’t bite!

9 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Mavericks trade of two 1st round picks in trade w/ Knicks for the Unicorn - those have to be after the Hawks get our 1st round pick from Mavs this year, right?   

Does this strip the "Top 5" protected off the Mavs pick so we get it no matter what?

They can't trade our pick away

13 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Dallas has to convey their obligation to us before the Knicks get theirs.

If the Mavs pick doesn't convey to us this year, it goes to next year. The Knicks 1st would get pushed back a year.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

The NBA trade deadline came and went Thursday without Dedmon having to uproot his life. The same goes for Jeremy Lin, Kent Bazemore or Taurean Prince, who were all shopped around by the Hawks.

Tyler Dorsey...requested a trade out of Atlanta because he wanted a chance for more playing time. According to sources, Lin was expected to be moved. It didn’t happen after there wasn’t much interest in acquiring his $12-plus million salary for a backup guard. It turned out the interest in Lin prior to the deadline was a bit exaggerated.

Teams were interested in acquiring Dedmon, the Hawks starting center, but none of the teams wanted to include a second-round pick, which matched Schlenk’s goal of acquiring future compensation. Schlenk did say he listened to numerous pitches but ended up not trading any of the key contributors because the teams didn’t match the Hawks’ goals of future financial flexibility and future draft compensation. 

Atlanta was not interested in trading for any picks in this year’s draft. Schlenk said. “We have five picks in this year’s draft. We feel like even adding five rookies to the team next year might be too many." The team did receive calls about Prince and Bazemore, but talks never seriously progressed with either player.