Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mashburn*Fibonacci

Why did Gurley

86 posts in this topic

Why did Gurley not play much. I understand he had his knee injury but they said he was fine.  If it was a game plan, you should let the boy play the second half. Could he actually have upset the coach? 

I honestly feel if they feed him, he would have won then their ring.  

Of course they'd say he was fine, it was the Superbowl. 

You're not going to give the opposition any advantage.

Goff's arm could have fallen off and they'd have stuck a baseball bat and a marigold glove on the stump and not let on. 

Which I'm not ruling out actually happening. 

46 minutes ago, Sir Joe™ said:

Of course they'd say he was fine, it was the Superbowl. 

You're not going to give the opposition any advantage.

NFL has strict rules against hiding injuries as it would give gamblers the incentive to glean inside info.

The Patriots pushes the envelope on this a few years ago (almost everyone was questionable), but the NFL has cracked down since.

16 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

NFL has strict rules against hiding injuries as it would give gamblers the incentive to glean inside info.

The Patriots pushes the envelope on this a few years ago (almost everyone was questionable), but the NFL has cracked down since.

Guys play hurt all the time it's the NFL. Didn't Terrell Owens play with a broken leg or something, Phillip Rivers with an ACL injury of some sort in the playoffs I believe, and I'm sure you can find plenty of examples of guys saying "Yeah, I was hurt that season." 

If he doesn't need surgery on it then I think they could get away with it

Sidecar Falcon likes this

8 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

He had to be hurt . LA will be punished for not disclosing this in the off-season I bet . 

Probably not. 

They were punished yesterday.

JDaveG and falconsd56 like this

20 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

It's almost like the running back position is too injury-prone to use high 1st round picks on it and build an offense around one but that can't be it. 

Especially if said back has had that many knee procedures. 

2 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

I wish he went to Michigan so I'd never have to see his name on this board again.

Thats it exactly. People are so hung up on UGA, they can't let him go. It really is a compulsive disorder at this point.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

Maybe they realize they over paid and are trying to force a trade issue. Either way it doesn’t make sense not to play him unless you thought the other guy gave you a better chance to win. 

13 minutes ago, falconfreak1 said:

Maybe they realize they over paid and are trying to force a trade issue. Either way it doesn’t make sense not to play him unless you thought the other guy gave you a better chance to win. 

I'd vote for he's more than likely injured.

He was having injury issues when he was at UGA. He was coming off an injury even when they drafted him.