Michel - 18 Att, 94 Yards, 1 TD, 5.2 Avg

Burkhead - 7 Att, 43 Yards, 6.1 Avg

Edleman - 10 rec, 141 Yards

Rams:

Goff - 19/38, 229 Yards, 1 Int

Gurley - 10 Att, 35 Yards, 3.5 Avg

Anderson - 7 Att, 22 Yards, 3.1 Avg

Cooks - 8 Att, 120 Yards

Patriots ran a much more balanced offense and was able to utilize a late first round RB and a sixth round FA RB to grind out yards and help control TOP. Not exactly sure why the Rams allowed Edelman to constantly get open over the middle, there appeared to be no answer for him all game.

Rams’ run game was terrible. Gurley was nonexistent. This is coming off, what is essentially, 3 weeks off. For 60 million, you would expect a lot more out of him in the biggest game of the year. Cooks looked explosive but failed to come down with two potentially game changing catches. This is where having a true “top flight” WR would have paid dividends.

QB play was downright terrible. Patriots offensive gameplan of “death by a 1000 papercuts” wins again. Goff looked like a deer in the headlights out there. He lacked poise and composure. Ultimately it was the Rams/McVay’s lack of experience that did them in. Belichick was the difference this game.

Godzilla1985 likes this

Here’s my analysis: for anyone who likes to point to super bowl wins to base their judgement on QB’s, this game is why you’re wrong. The Patriots would have won this game with their 3rd string QB. Dilfer would have won this game. Half of Brady’s SB wins have been closer to this type of game too. Yet everyone wants to keep calling him the goat because of rings 

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Here’s my analysis: for anyone who likes to point to super bowl wins to base their judgement on QB’s, this game is why you’re wrong. The Patriots would have won this game with their 3rd string QB. Dilfer would won this game. Half of Brady’s SB wins have been closer to this type of game too. Yet everyone wants to keep calling him the goat because of rings 

I am one who has no qualms with saying Brady is the greatest of all time ........ BUT. It really is killer to think of him having a ring for this kind of game where our guy doesn’t have one for one of the greatest postseason runs in history. Team sport. Is what it is. 

camfalcon and JDaveG like this

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Here’s my analysis: for anyone who likes to point to super bowl wins to base their judgement on QB’s, this game is why you’re wrong. The Patriots would have won this game with their 3rd string QB. Dilfer would won this game. Half of Brady’s SB wins have been closer to this type of game too. Yet everyone wants to keep calling him the goat because of rings 

^ This. 

Brady is one of the best QBs of all time but I think he’s a product of Belichick. I’m more certain of that now. To me, Montana will always be the GOAT. He played in a much tougher league than this era.

43 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I am one who has no qualms with saying Brady is the greatest of all time ........ BUT. It really is killer to think of him having a ring for this kind of game where our guy doesn’t have one for one of the greatest postseason runs in history. Team sport. Is what it is. 

Why is Brady the goat? Specifically, what makes him the single greatest player ever in football? 

The only thing I see is his ability to play at a high level for so long. It’s definitely impressive. But in terms of actual individual talent, there are a handful of QB’s that I find to be better players easily 

Rhodaric and WornOutFalconFan like this

38 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

^ This. 

Brady is one of the best QBs of all time but I think he’s a product of Belichick. I’m more certain of that now. To me, Montana will always be the GOAT. He played in a much tougher league than this era.

I think Peyton, Brees, and even Rodgers have shown me more in an ability to “carry” a team more than Brady can. Perhaps Brady has the ability, but he’s never actually needed to do it. Never 

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Brady played bad in this game. He played terrible vs. Falcons in the Super Bowl until the 4th quarter when the defense got gassed. He gets way too much credit. He's a very good QB but not what he's hyped to be. Defense won 3 Super Bowls for the Patriots.

1 minute ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Brady played bad in this game. He played terrible vs. Falcons in the Super Bowl until the 4th quarter when the defense got gassed. He gets way too much credit. He's a very good QB but not what he's hyped to be. Defense won 3 Super Bowls for the Patriots.

Yep. He is a great player. Don’t get me wrong. But he’s the most overrated athlete ever by a wide margin 

11 hours ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

He is a guy that is given situations and scenarios in his favor by his coaches and systems around him.

He was a nobody until their number of plays advantage mattered. Brady should’ve only had some “garbage time” stats. Nope, we didn’t call the game right.

Coaching helped us get the lead but BB rides out storms and won’t let you out in a close situation because he has his team coached for the small details. We had them where we wanted and let time on the clock. Run the ball and stay ahead of them.

That said if Free makes the block...

Makes you wonder if a Pats RB would ever ignore a blitzing LB and whiff that badly?

I say better coaching holds Free more accountable to a weakness in his game and he never makes a mistake on that level. But that’s my take with limited information. Maybe that’s why Shanny would ride TeCo more? There are things coaches see that fans don’t. And complacency leads to losing and makes 28-3s possible.

Then again...if we run the ball Free never has a mental fart.

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

He is a guy that is given situations and scenarios in his favor by his coaches and systems around him.

He was a nobody until their number of plays advantage mattered. Brady should’ve only had some “garbage time” stats. Nope, we didn’t call the game right.

Coaching helped us get the lead but BB rides out storms and won’t let you out in a close situation because he has his team coached for the small details. We had them where we wanted and let time on the clock. Run the ball and stay ahead of them.

That said if Free makes the block...

Makes you wonder if a Pats RB would ever ignore a blitzing LB and whiff they badly?

I say better coaching holds Free more accountable to a weakness in his game and he never makes a mistake on that level. But that’s my take with limited information. Maybe that’s why Shanny would ride TeCo more? There are things coaches see that fans don’t. And complacency leads to losing and makes 28-3s possible.

Then again...if we run the ball Free never has a mental fart.

I agree with you about Free. That's a game the Falcons should have never lost and the Patriots had no business winning. But it is what it is.

BB does what he always does and takes your biggest strength away from you. In this case it was the Rams running game, and then he dared Goff to beat him through the air.

#55 likes this

4 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

^ This. 

In his 2016 & 2017 SB’s alone, Brady accumulated more yards than either Montana, Elway, Bradshaw or Kelly in their 4 SB appearances

To those downplaying Brady:

XXXVIII: Patriots 32, Panthers 29

• Brady went 32–for–48 with 354 yards, three touchdowns and one interception

XXXIX: Patriots 24, Eagles 21

• Brady went 23–for–33 with 236 yards and two touchdowns

XLII: Giants 17, Patriots 14

• Brady went 29–for–48 with 266 yards and one touchdown

XLVI: Giants 21, Patriots 17

• Brady went 27–for–41 with 276 yards, two touchdowns and one interception

XLIX: Patriots 28, Seahawks 24

• Brady went 37–for–50 with 328 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions

LI: Patriots 34, Falcons 28 (OT)

• Brady went 43–for–62 with 466 yards, two touchdowns and one interception

LII: Eagles 41, Patriots 33 

• Brady went 28–for–48 with 505 yards and three touchdowns

LMAO at all the clowns busting on Billy Check and Brady. Gurley too.

Excellent game plans by Billy and Wade. Two old crusty defensive coaches. 

Just a bunch of Billy, Brady and Gurley haters still salty over a Falcon whiff with a Bowl in the backyard.

HASHBROWN3 and Vandy like this

Rob Parker going to die on this hill.  And Brady was the GOAT after they won the SB vs Seattle.  

Rob Parker

If u were convinced that Brady is GOAT off that performance, not sure what game you watched. Brady didn’t even play well. No TDS, pick and a fumble. Smh. Brady almost turned in a Manning-like performance in his 2nd Super Bowl win. Defense won game, not Brady. Not hate,just facts.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

In his 2016 & 2017 SB’s alone, Brady accumulated more yards than either Montana, Elway, Bradshaw or Kelly in their 4 SB appearances

Different league. Back when Montana was playing, defenses were way more physical than they are now. Brady is without a doubt the best QB of this era, but honestly, this era plays a lot softer football than what was played back when Montana was playing. Not knocking Brady, he’s unfortunately in an era that protects QBs and doesn’t allow for teams to play physical defense. 

Rhodaric and Falconsin2012 like this

8 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Here’s my analysis: for anyone who likes to point to super bowl wins to base their judgement on QB’s, this game is why you’re wrong. The Patriots would have won this game with their 3rd string QB. Dilfer would have won this game. Half of Brady’s SB wins have been closer to this type of game too. Yet everyone wants to keep calling him the goat because of rings 

Brady is the most accomplished QB of all time. Im not sure anyone outside of Boston would argue that he's the most talented.