Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

February 2019 Recruiting Thread

300 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

All I know is last year we had way too much talent at WR and TE to never attack the seams.  With our ability to run the football, one would think hard play action would result in pitch and catch over the cheating linebackers heads down the middle of the field.

Tweak just that and we become lethal.

WRs/TEs were running routes to the middle of the field/seams if you watch the cut up videos you can easily find on YT. Most of the time, it was Fromm choosing to not throw down the middle. He has gotten better at it but when he pre reads his preference is still to not do it. I don't like Chaney, but I'm not going to pin the not much passing down the middle on him.

Sometimes, there was a player open when he chooses to not do it, sometimes there isn't, and sometimes there's pressure too quickly to make all the reads based off what I've seen in the videos.

Edit: I have bigger questions anyway, starting with why didn't they try to find the mismatch with Mecole more, similar to that long bomb TD vs Georgia Tech.

Edited by VoiceofReason95
Billy Ocean and Falconsin2012 like this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Breece and family were quite comfortable with Coach KS the entire 1st half of the basketball game.  

Only downside: Breese’s girlfriend goes to Clemson.  Any silver tongued men on this forum willing to charm & woo her to break them up...jk

That certainly would explain the Clemson CBs

Falconsin2012 likes this

For those that are interested in what Americus has to say, from him yesterday regarding "who's next": 

Zykeivous Walker and Demarkcus Bowman are among a few in line. Would put confidence meter at 10 on both going public before their senior years start FWIW.

Both locked in. Walker for some time, Bowman has seemed to have decided as well.

So if this is true, and if it's also true Marshawn Lloyd is getting close to being wrapped up, then it looks like we have our two RB's for the 2020 cycle. Kind of odd that we would still be recruiting Tank as hard as we are, unless we are just covering our bases with 10 months still to go until ESD. Probably a good idea after what happened with Emery last year. 

Edited by RandomFan

Interesting.  I figured our top 3 were Lloyd, Evan's and Bigsby, with Bowman 4th, or 5th.  I'd be happy with any combo of those 4.

*** And I thought Florida felt really good about landing Bowman.

Edited by Turkeydawg

37 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Interesting.  I figured our top 3 were Lloyd, Evan's and Bigsby, with Bowman 4th, or 5th.  I'd be happy with any combo of those 4.

*** And I thought Florida felt really good about landing Bowman.

Nah, based off the tea leaves, I think it's more like this as our board:

1. Lloyd
2. Milton or Evans (whichever is easier)
3. Bowman
4. Bigsby 

We might take 3 at RB, but if we get one of the 3 ahead of Bigsby, assuming Lloyd is wrapped up, it's probably not going to be Bigsby and more like a guy like Kobe Pryor. 

59 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

For those that are interested in what Americus has to say, from him yesterday regarding "who's next": 

So if this is true, and if it's also true Marshawn Lloyd is getting close to being wrapped up, then it looks like we have our two RB's for the 2020 cycle. Kind of odd that we would still be recruiting Tank as hard as we are, unless we are just covering our bases with 10 months still to go until ESD. Probably a good idea after what happened with Emery last year. 

If so, Do you read anything into Evans and Milton recruitment?  I know it has been said Lloyd was #1 on our board but assumed Evans/Milton were 2/3 just based on rankings.

Getting Bowman would absolutely be great given that Lakeland is a Florida pipeline. This is actually the second we've heard of this. Definitely feel that deal isn't over though given that he's at Lakeland, so keep on keeping on with recruiting.

2 hours ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

WRs/TEs were running routes to the middle of the field/seams if you watch the cut up videos you can easily find on YT. Most of the time, it was Fromm choosing to not throw down the middle. He has gotten better at it but when he pre reads his preference is still to not do it. I don't like Chaney, but I'm not going to pin the not much passing down the middle on him.

Sometimes, there was a player open when he chooses to not do it, sometimes there isn't, and sometimes there's pressure too quickly to make all the reads based off what I've seen in the videos.

Edit: I have bigger questions anyway, starting with why didn't they try to find the mismatch with Mecole more, similar to that long bomb TD vs Georgia Tech.

It’s the OC’s job to address this and fix it during the week.  It’s been 2 years.  

If Fromm is opting to only throw outside the numbers, it means he isn’t comfortable reading defenses.  

48 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s the OC’s job to address this and fix it during the week.  It’s been 2 years.  

If Fromm is opting to only throw outside the numbers, it means he isn’t comfortable reading defenses.  

What if they don't see it as an important fix? The OC can't do everything. Rewatch the games. There's passing play calls that have guys running routes to the middle of the field. It's up to Fromm to throw it there, and although he's gotten better, he's usually chosen to not throw it there and his second SECCG is actually the most he's ever thrown it there in games (and it only really lasted for 2 and a half quarters). I'm 100% pinning it on Jake and not the OC.

1 hour ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Nah, based off the tea leaves, I think it's more like this as our board:

1. Lloyd
2. Milton or Evans (whichever is easier)
3. Bowman
4. Bigsby 

We might take 3 at RB, but if we get one of the 3 ahead of Bigsby, assuming Lloyd is wrapped up, it's probably not going to be Bigsby and more like a guy like Kobe Pryor. 

Gimme 2 from that list and I'm good. 

95Dawg likes this

2 hours ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

What if they don't see it as an important fix? The OC can't do everything. Rewatch the games. There's passing play calls that have guys running routes to the middle of the field. It's up to Fromm to throw it there, and although he's gotten better, he's usually chosen to not throw it there and his second SECCG is actually the most he's ever thrown it there in games (and it only really lasted for 2 and a half quarters). I'm 100% pinning it on Jake and not the OC.

I noticed too.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:37 PM, Billy Ocean said:

My impression is that Fromm doesn’t seem as comfortable throwing to the middle of the field but I haven’t looked at game film to see how many routes we were running there.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:55 PM, Billy Ocean said:

All I really remember about 2017 was jump balls with Wims and corner routes with Godwin. This past season I remember a few times when they’d do a replay and show where Fromm missed seeing somebody open and the receiver would be in the middle of the field. I know we definitely should’ve ran more crossing and drag routes with Nauta and Woerner.

5 hours ago, RandomFan said:

I would be stunned if Bowman goes anywhere except UF right now. Word is UF is really pushing for him and Lakeland pushes kids to UF and away from other schools

4 hours ago, Carter said:

I will laugh pretty hard if we get Bowman. Florida thinks he’s absolutely theirs.

I would bet money he goes to UF though. Unless his parents is running his recruiting and not the coaches

MattyIceonTap likes this

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

I would bet money he goes to UF though. Unless his parents is running his recruiting and not the coaches

That’s exactly what I have heard. His parents are running the recruitment 

Wardog357 and youngbloodz like this

30 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

That’s exactly what I have heard. His parents are running the recruitment 

That's good for UGA. That's the only way a kid gets out of Lakeland that UF wants

9 hours ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Good post. But clearly it’s an important fix.  Especially with our run game, PA should be lethal.

The throws over the middle are easier if the QB can read the defense properly.  All those back shoulder throws and 50-50 shots are tough.  Hope Fromm becomes a film rat this offseason.  

23 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Rusty with the CB for Zykevious Walker to UGA.

Great news!!!  we have to get him. 

On 2/17/2019 at 9:36 AM, Falconsin2012 said:

Breece and family were quite comfortable with Coach KS the entire 1st half of the basketball game.  

Only downside: Breese’s girlfriend goes to Clemson.  Any silver tongued men on this forum willing to charm & woo her to break them up...jk

certain things in lie are unbeatable.. that is going to be hard to beat.. lol 

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I have a popular teenage boy in high school. Six months to a year is a long way to go in those type relationships.   Just sayin’.

14 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Good post. But clearly it’s an important fix.  Especially with our run game, PA should be lethal.

The throws over the middle are easier if the QB can read the defense properly.  All those back shoulder throws and 50-50 shots are tough.  Hope Fromm becomes a film rat this offseason.  

Oh, it was more technical than jump balls, he was actually killing it to the medium range for 2018, but it was mainly to the sides, and if you look, another interesting thing was while some were jump balls, a lot weren’t. Scheme, skill, and accuracy, but it’s interesting as you’d think teams would really shade to the sides. It has not happened.

All this isn’t to say that I like Chaney because I don’t. He’s very slow at adjusting and the offense never wove in everything that could have been done. You saw signs of it here and there, but usually not in a full game. 

21 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

So she is already at Clemson and in first year there?  That puts her two years ahead of him correct?

2 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

So she is already at Clemson and in first year there?  That puts her two years ahead of him correct?

i thought she was recently admitted, but i could be wrong..