Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

February 2019 Recruiting Thread

300 posts in this topic

National Signing Day is on Wednesday, February 6th. Can Bama hold on to the #1 class for this cycle or will UGA make a NSD push to eek just ahead of them on points? Could be close, we shall see!

Quiet period is tomorrow, Feb 3rd... then a dead period begins on the 4th through the 7th.

Must be something for somebody like Wiltfong to put one in this early. According to insiders we wouldn't be accepting 2021 commitments until after 2019 signing day, and even then only if we think they're surefire studs.

Could Berrong be our first commit there?

17 hours ago, Carter said:

National Signing Day is on Wednesday, February 6th. Can Bama hold on to the #1 class for this cycle or will UGA make a NSD push to eek just ahead of them on points? Could be close, we shall see!

Quiet period is tomorrow, Feb 3rd... then a dead period begins on the 4th through the 7th.

Under what scenario would UGA eek ahead of Bama in 2019 rankings?

If we hit on Elam, Pickens and Cross that still wouldn’t be enough right?  Bama in mix for signing some high guys as well, right?

We aren’t getting Darnell Wright.

Just now, g-dawg said:

If we hit on Elam, Pickens and Cross that still wouldn’t be enough right?  Bama in mix for signing some high guys as well, right?

O% chance we pass Bama.  

95Dawg and g-dawg like this

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

There's a chance to to pass Bama on Rivals rankings but not on the composite rankings.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Think Pickens and Cross/Elam would put us just over them on Rivals... if Bama doesn’t hit on their top remaining targets. It’s unlikely we will pass them on any service though imo, it’s just something to watch for on NSD since I think all of Bama’s top targets were visiting elsewhere this weekend. Bama will definitely remain #1 on composite and ESPN though.

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Gator fans on SECRant seem to be Uber confident that Kair Elam will be a Gator.

They think they will get everyone they want.

9 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Gator fans on SECRant seem to be Uber confident that Kair Elam will be a Gator.

Well, the depth chart does look a lot easier to navigate down there.  I think I would feel pretty confident if I were them as well.  

21 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Well, the depth chart does look a lot easier to navigate down there.  I think I would feel pretty confident if I were them as well.  

If UF does get him we will have taken them to the wire on a kid that should have been a slam dunk, kick back and relax kind of recruit for them.

18 minutes ago, Ransack said:

If UF does get him we will have taken them to the wire on a kid that should have been a slam dunk, kick back and relax kind of recruit for them.

moral victory?  :angry:

25 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

moral victory?  :angry:

No, I don't cheer for those, but I believe in making your competition work for everything they get.

3 minutes ago, Ransack said:

No, I don't cheer for those, but I believe in making your competition work for everything they get.

feels like a FAIL to me if we sign the UF DB coach and don’t convert on Elam.

I know that’s not the only reason Kirby took Charlton Warren but it was supposed to be the cherry on top.

Agree, we also think we are going to get everyone? Month and a half ago lot seemed Confident in Neal and Wright, but def one would be a dawg

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

feels like a FAIL to me if we sign the UF DB coach and don’t convert on Elam.

I know that’s not the only reason Kirby took Charlton Warren but it was supposed to be the cherry on top.

That hire had zero to do with elam and if we don't get him, so be it.  We already have 2 db's in this class and plenty of talent at the cb position.  Elam wouldn't see the field next year, and probably not the year after, either.

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

That hire had zero to do with elam and if we don't get him, so be it.  We already have 2 db's in this class and plenty of talent at the cb position.  Elam wouldn't see the field next year, and probably not the year after, either.

Zero? lol.   

17 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Zero? lol.   

What's funny is that you think that Kirby would not only bring in a coach, but then make him the highest paid db coach in the nation, because of 1 db, who would be buried on our depth chart.  LOL is right!

Ransack and Porter Osborne Jr like this