Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

February 2019 Recruiting Thread

300 posts in this topic

National Signing Day is on Wednesday, February 6th. Can Bama hold on to the #1 class for this cycle or will UGA make a NSD push to eek just ahead of them on points? Could be close, we shall see!

Quiet period is tomorrow, Feb 3rd... then a dead period begins on the 4th through the 7th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be something for somebody like Wiltfong to put one in this early. According to insiders we wouldn't be accepting 2021 commitments until after 2019 signing day, and even then only if we think they're surefire studs.

Could Berrong be our first commit there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Carter said:

National Signing Day is on Wednesday, February 6th. Can Bama hold on to the #1 class for this cycle or will UGA make a NSD push to eek just ahead of them on points? Could be close, we shall see!

Quiet period is tomorrow, Feb 3rd... then a dead period begins on the 4th through the 7th.

Under what scenario would UGA eek ahead of Bama in 2019 rankings?

If we hit on Elam, Pickens and Cross that still wouldn’t be enough right?  Bama in mix for signing some high guys as well, right?

We aren’t getting Darnell Wright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, g-dawg said:

Under what scenario would UGA eek ahead of Bama in 2019 rankings?

If we hit on Elam, Pickens and Cross that still wouldn’t be enough right?  Bama in mix for signing some high guys as well, right?

We aren’t getting Darnell Wright.

O% chance we pass Bama.  

95Dawg and g-dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Under what scenario would UGA eek ahead of Bama in 2019 rankings?

If we hit on Elam, Pickens and Cross that still wouldn’t be enough right?  Bama in mix for signing some high guys as well, right?

We aren’t getting Darnell Wright.

There's a chance to to pass Bama on Rivals rankings but not on the composite rankings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Under what scenario would UGA eek ahead of Bama in 2019 rankings?

If we hit on Elam, Pickens and Cross that still wouldn’t be enough right?  Bama in mix for signing some high guys as well, right?

We aren’t getting Darnell Wright.

Think Pickens and Cross/Elam would put us just over them on Rivals... if Bama doesn’t hit on their top remaining targets. It’s unlikely we will pass them on any service though imo, it’s just something to watch for on NSD since I think all of Bama’s top targets were visiting elsewhere this weekend. Bama will definitely remain #1 on composite and ESPN though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Gator fans on SECRant seem to be Uber confident that Kair Elam will be a Gator.

They think they will get everyone they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Gator fans on SECRant seem to be Uber confident that Kair Elam will be a Gator.

Well, the depth chart does look a lot easier to navigate down there.  I think I would feel pretty confident if I were them as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Well, the depth chart does look a lot easier to navigate down there.  I think I would feel pretty confident if I were them as well.  

If UF does get him we will have taken them to the wire on a kid that should have been a slam dunk, kick back and relax kind of recruit for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ransack said:

If UF does get him we will have taken them to the wire on a kid that should have been a slam dunk, kick back and relax kind of recruit for them.

moral victory?  :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

moral victory?  :angry:

No, I don't cheer for those, but I believe in making your competition work for everything they get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ransack said:

No, I don't cheer for those, but I believe in making your competition work for everything they get.

feels like a FAIL to me if we sign the UF DB coach and don’t convert on Elam.

I know that’s not the only reason Kirby took Charlton Warren but it was supposed to be the cherry on top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree, we also think we are going to get everyone? Month and a half ago lot seemed Confident in Neal and Wright, but def one would be a dawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

feels like a FAIL to me if we sign the UF DB coach and don’t convert on Elam.

I know that’s not the only reason Kirby took Charlton Warren but it was supposed to be the cherry on top.

That hire had zero to do with elam and if we don't get him, so be it.  We already have 2 db's in this class and plenty of talent at the cb position.  Elam wouldn't see the field next year, and probably not the year after, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

That hire had zero to do with elam and if we don't get him, so be it.  We already have 2 db's in this class and plenty of talent at the cb position.  Elam wouldn't see the field next year, and probably not the year after, either.

Zero? lol.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Zero? lol.   

What's funny is that you think that Kirby would not only bring in a coach, but then make him the highest paid db coach in the nation, because of 1 db, who would be buried on our depth chart.  LOL is right!

Ransack and Porter Osborne Jr like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0