datchrisb1

Jeffrey Simmons film study

36 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

The only caveat to his is what if he’s a day 2 or 3 pick would he be worth a roll of the dice to stash him and see if he can still make an impact next year.

If he’s there in the 3rd I would definitely run to the podium, in hopes that he can possibly contribute next year. Or if there was some trade where we end up with another second rounder I might would consider that I just think there’s too much talent and too many needs to take someone who may or may not be able to contribute this year. We are getting close to the twilight of the offense being great with Matt and Julio both getting a little older.

kiwifalcon likes this

4 minutes ago, Abeasley27 said:

If he’s there in the 3rd I would definitely run to the podium, in hopes that he can possibly contribute next year. Or if there was some trade where we end up with another second rounder I might would consider that I just think there’s too much talent and too many needs to take someone who may or may not be able to contribute this year. We are getting close to the twilight of the offense being great with Matt and Julio both getting a little older.

Good thing we got 9 picks.

For me the biggest needs are interior dline and DB.

Im hoping we double dip at both spots that leaves 5 picks of which 2 of those I devote to OT & C for depth.

The other 3 I use as draft collateral so we can move around the draft in certain chosen rounds.

To me going in this direction you solve alot of these holes while still having draft flexibility.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Im hoping we double dip at both spots that leaves 5 picks of which 2 of those I devote to OT & C for depth.

The other 3 I use as draft collateral so we can move around the draft in certain chosen rounds.

To me going in this direction you solve alot of these holes while still having draft flexibility.

I agree 100%. The funny thing is this year no matter how the draft falls we will be able to get an impact player at 14 at an area of need. 

kiwifalcon likes this

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Who’s your top draft target for us at 14?

5 minutes ago, Abeasley27 said:

Who’s your top draft target for us at 14?

The best corner or DT which ever we value the highest.

Who do I like the most lol well it was Simmons.

After watching the Clemson pro day I’d go with Christian Wilkins.

It’s a hard one because I’m not to sure how high they value Ty Sambrailo because that brings a Cody Ford into the equation.I like him too by the way lol.

PS with the 9 picks I believe that’s why there’s been a lot of talk about the trade up for ED Oliver also.This draft thing is all about positioning yourself for several scenarios and how high you value certain spots.

Our Coaches have said physical and LOS so I gotta think that pick @ 14 starts there.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

The best corner or DT which ever we value the highest.

Who do I like the most lol well it was Simmons.

After watching the Clemson pro day I’d go with Christian Wilkins.

It’s a hard one because I’m not to sure how high they value Ty Sambrailo because that brings a Cody Ford into the equation.I like him too by the way lol.

I agree. I’m wondering how much DQ likes Lawrence. And while I love Oliver I think he may be too light to play DT in the nfl. I know most will argue with Donald but Donald is a rare breed that just makes things happen. I haven’t researched Wilkins yet but I’m going to look in to him because so many people are raving about him I want to see for myself. I do wonder if DQ sees Oliver as a possible DE in our scheme. I seen someone ask that somewhere and it makes a lot of sense

datchrisb1 likes this

Just now, Abeasley27 said:

I agree. I’m wondering how much DQ likes Lawrence. And while I love Oliver I think he may be too light to play DT in the nfl. I know most will argue with Donald but Donald is a rare breed that just makes things happen. I haven’t researched Wilkins yet but I’m going to look in to him because so many people are raving about him I want to see for myself. I do wonder if DQ sees Oliver as a possible DE in our scheme. I seen someone ask that somewhere and it makes a lot of sense

Scheme I’m not worried about as I believe if we do go DQ already has it in his head how he’ll deploy Oliver no issues there.

Lawrence is a very interesting one too me as I see him as a foil for Jarrett Beasley and Takk as he’s the guy inside that will hopefully commanding the attention so Jarretts freed up and setting stunts so VB44 and Takk can work off.

Wilkins I found really hard to be convinced about he’s slowly grown on me.I watched the Clemson pro day and his movement skills his hands use are NFL ready.Hes a leader of men also that’s a bonus.

Well it won’t be hard to sell me on just about any DT right we need some besides Grady. I like the omenihu kid from Texas. Just something about him. Also like the Joseph kid from Florida. I think those are going to be two really good pro players. I also think there’s a few who will be better pros than they were college players. Gary, Lawrence, Omenihu just three off the top of my head

I think its more likely that not that Simmons will be a 1st round pick. Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith both went at the top of round 2 with much worse injuries.

I'd be all for trading back up for him. He's one of my favorite prospects in the draft.