Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think the 2012 Falcons would have most likely beaten the Ravens if they made it to the Super Bowl?

32 posts in this topic

What are the chances in your opinion that the 2012 Falcons would have beaten the Ravens if they made the Super Bowl that season? Try to be unbiased in your answer. I know we can only speculate but it felt like the Ravens were a team of destiny that season and once they beat the Broncos on that fluke play they were not going to be denied on Ray Lewis last season. The SB was in a dome so that would have favored the Falcons imo. My gut tells me the Ravens would have had the overall edge in this game. But that's just me. Who do you guys think would have won this game that almost happened?           

Considering the Falcons won off of a last second play by Roddy in the regular season 2 seasons prior, I think it would have been very close. If the Ravens get up how the got up against the 49ers, I don’t think the Falcons make that same comeback and win considering they still were struggling to close games. Hindsight is hindsight though

Godzilla1985 and No.11 like this

I dont think our ST would have given up a kickoff TD to swing the momentum. 

Of course we could have given up yet another lead like in both 2012 playoff games

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yes, I have no doubt they would have won.

Seeing how the Ravens beat up on Tom Brady in the AFCCG, I don't think so. Plus TE Dennis Pitta would have probably feasted on our defense which was weak in the middle.

The Ravens were on a warpath and determined to send Ray Lewis out on a high note. I don't think that Falcons team was ready for that, or would have made the necessary adjustments down the stretch to win the game.

I would have had a good feeling about winning that game. But then I had a good feeling about the Broncos SB until Eugene Robinson happened. And I had a good feeling about the Pats since our offense was clicking so well...

15 minutes ago, State Line said:

Seeing how the Ravens beat up on Tom Brady in the AFCCG, I don't think so. Plus TE Dennis Pitta would have probably feasted on our defense which was weak in the middle.

The Ravens were on a warpath and determined to send Ray Lewis out on a high note. I don't think that Falcons team was ready for that, or would have made the necessary adjustments down the stretch to win the game.

Ryan in no-huddle would have had ravens playing on their heels. Plus we’d have gotten Abraham back. We would have won that game.

Drew4719 likes this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Ryan in no-huddle would have had ravens playing on their heels. Plus we’d have gotten Abraham back. We would have won. 

Yeah, the Ravens would have been ready for it. Like I said, beat up on Tom Brady, who is famous for no-huddle, keep same defense on the field, get rid of the ball in 2-seconds or less. 

Sorry man, on a neutral field, I don't think the Falcons win. If the Falcons somehow built a halftime lead on them and that power outage still happened, that probably would have been the "28-3" loss before 2016.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Yes, I have no doubt they would have won.

No doubt the Falcons were the better team, but they were the best team in the league in 1980... they were the better team in 2012... they were the better team in 2016.

I totally agree with the assessment though based on what should have happened. I think we were the better team... we could probably run a hundred computer simulations and won 85% of them. We could probably have played the actual game 10 times and we would have won 9, but if only 1 of them counted it would have been the 1 where we lost.

Drew4719 and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Ryan in no-huddle would have had ravens playing on their heels. Plus we’d have gotten Abraham back. We would have won that game.

Did you know Abraham did not record a sack vs a team with a winning record that season?

Vandy and gkgrimes like this

It was a FIX. When Jacoby Jones got past every Denver Defender who was supposed to be in a Hail Mary Coverage, and scores a TD. Flacco perfect that year in the playoffs too. Ray Lewis with that fake crying after the SB. Sorry for you guy that hate this kind of talk, but let's be real.

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Did you know Abraham did not record a sack vs a team with a winning record that season?

No, but I think statistical anamolies are there in every season. He was an integral piece of our defense.

6 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I love my Falcons, but until they prove otherwise the default answer is "they would have found a way to lose".

I am positive the Falcons would have won, but then again what you said does haunt the back of my mind. 

Our defense was built to stop QBs like Flacco that year...shutout Eli, picked Peyton 3 times, picked Brees 5 times in one game.  Just brutal luck to run into back-to-back read option teams.  Seattle gave the blueprint to San Francisco.

bdog 29 and CrimsonFalcon like this

4 hours ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

Our defense was built to stop QBs like Flacco that year...shutout Eli, picked Peyton 3 times, picked Brees 5 times in one game.  Just brutal luck to run into back-to-back read option teams.  Seattle gave the blueprint to San Francisco.

I can't believe we lost a 20-0 and a 17-0 lead at home. 

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Hard to say

I do believe the Falcons would've gotten up on the Ravens early..

..........i'll leave the rest to ya'lls imagination.

Well... They don't have Tom Brady... They weren't very good on Offense... 

They ALMOST blew the lead to SF...

So... B)