Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jayu70

Hawks February Game Thread

284 posts in this topic

Maybe with others it'll be different, but it really sounds like to me that Pierce has a different idea with primary ballhandlers. He says they turn the ball over simply because of how much the ball is in their hands and because of them trying to make plays.

It'd be nice if Young could get down to 3.5 TO per game and for the other players, their turnover problems be corrected even further.

The season is a work in progress. They have been playing better.   You can't perfect EVERYTHING in one season. Baby steps. 

Whatever Pierce's focus is for the season on development, I'm ok with it.

blkbigdog35 and Drew4719 like this

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

The season is a work in progress. They have been playing better.   You can't perfect EVERYTHING in one season. Baby steps. 

Whatever Pierce's focus is for the season on development, I'm ok with it.

No doubt and I’m enjoying the building process for this young team!

They need to stop winning games.  If we have another ~.500 month, we’re going to play ourselves well out of the bottom 5 and screw our lottery percentage.  Maybe even help push the Mavs into a protected state with their pick.

We really need/want our pick to be top-3 and the Mavs pick somewhere around 6-8.

Pick 3 and pick 7 might be enough to move up to #1.  Or maybe pick 2 and pick 8.

Zion with Young, Huerter, and Collins is a recipe for a future championship.

If we play ourselves out of a chance for that kid, we’re just pissing away real opportunity.

Some of you don’t understand the whole concept of a “rebuild”, it seems.

1 hour ago, Beef said:

They need to stop winning games.  If we have another ~.500 month, we’re going to play ourselves well out of the bottom 5 and screw our lottery percentage.  Maybe even help push the Mavs into a protected state with their pick.

We really need/want our pick to be top-3 and the Mavs pick somewhere around 6-8.

Pick 3 and pick 7 might be enough to move up to #1.  Or maybe pick 2 and pick 8.

Zion with Young, Huerter, and Collins is a recipe for a future championship.

If we play ourselves out of a chance for that kid, we’re just pissing away real opportunity.

Some of you don’t understand the whole concept of a “rebuild”, it seems.

I hate to break it to you but we're pretty well locked and thrown key away 5th worst unless you sit John Collins back down for good for the season, and if that's done without a legitimate injury, Adam Silver is going to punish that this go around so Collins is likely here to stay playing wise. And with Zion's hype (best prospect since Michael Jordan being thrown away), nobody is going to trade the 1st pick anyway this season. So it's hope with the modified lottery balls that we snag the 1st pick, or forget it here.

Collins out the rest of the night after taking a hit to the face. Don't think it's serious, but sucks for tonight 

I think Prince, of all people, saved the Hawks' bacon tonight. Had clutch 3 after clutch 3 in the 4th that kept the Wizards - albeit ever so barely- at bay.

Prince was money in the 3rd. Hate Collins got hurt because he was on his way to a 20/20 game potentially. 

Trae was not good shooting tonight, but had 10 assists to 1 TO. Improvements in that area is awesome. 

Good team win. Nice to see Huerter and Spellman step up tonight.