Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jayu70

Hawks February Game Thread

284 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

If only we had 2 top 10 picks (potentially) to address these needs.

Oh wait! We do!!!

But I like this analysis. Trading Luka for Trae Young + a lottery pick was not the right decision. It was the decision you make if you want to remain a GM in this league. I think both teams came away with a good haul in the trade, but getting a potential star and another lottery pick? Sign me up for that deal lol.

I like Dedmon though. He's been pretty good. He's not an All Star, but he is serviceable. Let's say we do get Zion and we roll with Trae/Huerter/Zion/Collins/Dedmon. That's some young talent right there... But, if we could get Bol or Hayes with the Mavs pick, I wouldn't complain either. If Bol could hold up from an injury standpoint, he could be really good.

Good analysis though. Agree on pretty much everything

Yes.  Those picks are gonna take this young core to another level. I love what the Hawks have done.  If they can get a Zion type and a upgrade at center like you said, they are gonna be pretty good team...

tl;dr likes this

Them boys are balling. Trae and JC. Young guns just balling out. Getting dinner. Eating out. Doing a thing. It’s so money these days. 

40 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Cannot overstate just how dominant Trae and Collins are. That pair is a BEAST laying waste to the poor souls who dare to defend them on the court. They are straight snatching souls out there.

Man I can't wait to see who we add this offseason, the foundation is set and the Hawks are on the fast track to be very good

Drew4719 likes this

5 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Cannot overstate just how dominant Trae and Collins are. That pair is a BEAST laying waste to the poor souls who dare to defend them on the court. They are straight snatching souls out there.

steve-nash-amare-stoudemire.jpg

trae-young-john-collins-073118-ftr-getty

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

13 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

I usually can get a real good bead on what it takes to be a real contender for a championship in the NBA.  With  the way the league is played now with the spread offenses and no defense, its harder to access teams.  My observations of the Hawks so far:  

Trae Young. He continues to improve.  I love his passing instincts and his ability to maneuver around the interior of defenses while maintaining his dribble.  Shot selection has improved and turnovers have improved lately.  He will turn the corner and be a top point guard in this league.

Kevin Huerter.  I used to blame his teammates but Huerter needs to start looking for his shot FIRST.  As a shooting guard he defers too much.  He has the ability to be a 18 to 20 ppg scorer if he turns the corner and gets more aggressive.  He HAS to do that. He gets a pass as a rookie. Next season I wanna see more aggressiveness.

Taurean Prince.  I have mixed feelings about him.  At one time I saw him as part of the future.  I think for the Hawks to get to the next level he may be better suited coming off the bench.  Its not that he isn't a good player. He is.  To be a contender the Hawks need someone GREAT at the 3.

John Collins.  No problems with the big guy.  He plays at a championship level right now.  I would love to see a better center next to him.

Dewayne Dedmon.  The Hawks need a upgrade here.  Dedmon is not a bad player but I would like to see a Karl Anthony Towns type here.  With the attention that Collins gets the 5 should be more dominant.

With the next two drafts I would like to see the Hawks try and get more depth in the backcourt and try and upgrade the 3 and 5 positions.  The Hawks bench would be solid with a core of Bembry,  Len/Dedmon,  Spellman, and Bazemore and the possibility of Prince going there barring a trade.   This is how I roughly see it over the next couple of years.

This is Awesome.

18 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

I usually can get a real good bead on what it takes to be a real contender for a championship in the NBA.  With  the way the league is played now with the spread offenses and no defense, its harder to access teams.  My observations of the Hawks so far:  

Trae Young. He continues to improve.  I love his passing instincts and his ability to maneuver around the interior of defenses while maintaining his dribble.  Shot selection has improved and turnovers have improved lately.  He will turn the corner and be a top point guard in this league.

Kevin Huerter.  I used to blame his teammates but Huerter needs to start looking for his shot FIRST.  As a shooting guard he defers too much.  He has the ability to be a 18 to 20 ppg scorer if he turns the corner and gets more aggressive.  He HAS to do that. He gets a pass as a rookie. Next season I wanna see more aggressiveness.

Taurean Prince.  I have mixed feelings about him.  At one time I saw him as part of the future.  I think for the Hawks to get to the next level he may be better suited coming off the bench.  Its not that he isn't a good player. He is.  To be a contender the Hawks need someone GREAT at the 3.

John Collins.  No problems with the big guy.  He plays at a championship level right now.  I would love to see a better center next to him.

Dewayne Dedmon.  The Hawks need a upgrade here.  Dedmon is not a bad player but I would like to see a Karl Anthony Towns type here.  With the attention that Collins gets the 5 should be more dominant.

With the next two drafts I would like to see the Hawks try and get more depth in the backcourt and try and upgrade the 3 and 5 positions.  The Hawks bench would be solid with a core of Bembry,  Len/Dedmon,  Spellman, and Bazemore and the possibility of Prince going there barring a trade.   This is how I roughly see it over the next couple of years.

Trae - potential superstar

Huerter - needs to wake his as up. Been a ghost the last four games. Baze is outplaying him

Prince - need an upgrade here. Maybe DeAndre Hunter in the draft or Tobias Harris in free agency

Collins - as beater. Will be a perennial all star

Dedmon - I'd love to upgrade him with Vooch in free agency

Black Francis and Spts1 like this