Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jayu70

Hawks February Game Thread

211 posts in this topic

John Collins with ZERO rebounds?????

That can't be right! right?

He doesn't look as 'springy' tonight. Me thinks the long roadie is catching up to him.

Man February snuck up on me lol. Was about to go into the January thread. 

Looking okay. Tied at 65-65. 

Trae with another nice game. 28 points on 9/20 shooting, 5/10 on 3s and just TWO(!!!) turnovers on 9 assists to boot! Heurter rounding back into pre-injury form and raining 3s like an Indian monsoon, and Collins with a decent-but-not-great game...just 4 rebounds though.

But man, we need a starting SF because Bembry isn't it, and Prince needs to consistently play good D and rebound if he is going to earn it it back.

11 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Trae with another nice game. 28 points on 9/20 shooting, 5/10 on 3s and just TWO(!!!) turnovers on 9 assists to boot! Heurter rounding back into pre-injury form and raining 3s like an Indian monsoon, and Collins with a decent-but-not-great game...just 4 rebounds though.

But man, we need a starting SF because Bembry isn't it, and Prince needs to consistently play good D and rebound if he is going to earn it it back.

Bembry could be a decent back up, but he makes too many dumb decisions for me to feel comfortable with him as a starter. Would like to keep him around because he's got the potential though.

Prince's D is really disappointing. I thought we drafted him to be like Carroll, but he hasn't been anywhere near him on D. 

11 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Bembry was never going to be a long term starter. He's good depth, but that's it.

blkbigdog35 likes this

2 hours ago, State Line said:

Bembry was never going to be a long term starter. He's good depth, but that's it.

Prince is a huge disappointment..preseason and first week or 2 of season dude looked like an all star..now he's just a good 4th option on a team with 3 stars but the team only has 2 rising stars 

6 hours ago, JerseyNo11 said:

I'm aware that he was never going to be a long time answer there, but it is just painful not getting anything from our SFs lately - regardless of who has been starting and logging minutes. But yes, they both could provide decent depth if they shore up their weaknesses.

Our answer to SF will likely come from the draft.

5 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Prince is a huge disappointment..preseason and first week or 2 of season dude looked like an all star..now he's just a good 4th option on a team with 3 stars but the team only has 2 rising stars 

agree prince game has just become catch and chuck 3's he and baze are stealing tons of cash

4 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

3rd qtr been going on for a long time (meltdowns)

Yeah it has but at some point Coach Pierce has to get this fixed.

Just now, blkbigdog35 said:

Yeah it has but at some point Coach Pierce has to get this fixed.

agree 100%

10 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Bembry could be a decent back up, but he makes too many dumb decisions for me to feel comfortable with him as a starter. Would like to keep him around because he's got the potential though.

Prince's D is really disappointing. I thought we drafted him to be like Carroll, but he hasn't been anywhere near him on D. 

Bembry back to the bench.

3 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Bembry back to the bench.

And there goes the defense:

10 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

And there goes the defense:

Bembry does have a better defensive rating in every month this season than the  man replacing him (Prince), but:

1) It isn't by much at all.

2) Bembry's "defense" is overrated by many fans and hasn't been that good this year.

100 is average (and the baseline...lower is better):

Bembry      Prince

OCT      106 .           108

NOV      110             116

DEC      112             124  (1 GAME)

JAN       114             119

FEB      119             130  (1 GAME FOR EACH)

And we won't talk about offensive rating (higher is better)...spoiler alert: Bembry hasn't cracked 100 for ANY month this year.