Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ghosts of Glanville

Brees just on Good Morning America STILL complaining

48 posts in this topic

Every time an 'Aint is on TV whining about being robbed, the host/interviewer should ask "Ok, now can we have a comment on this.." and then cue up the replay of the Brees OT interception.

I would pay a $10 royalty every time this occurred.

Francis York Morgan and JDaveG like this

1 hour ago, Shiney_McShine said:

Reality:

It was a horrible non call. One of the worst I've ever seen.

The Saints kicked a FG and HAD the lead.

They FAILED to stop the Rams from tying the game.

They had the ball first in OT and turned it over.

How were they robbed? 

That sums it all up. 

They could have eaten more time off the clock before the "No-Call," but Sean Payton's aggressive play calling had him going for a TD at that moment. I'm certainly  not faulting SP's decision on that play, because it could have worked out for them had the PI not have happened. However, they still had multiple opportunities to win that game, and they didn't do it. 

I'm torn here.

On the one hand I'm just wallowing in gleeful schadenfreude, because the more I think about the final quarter and OT of that game, the funnier it is.

But at the same time, all the pissing and moaning and crying about being 'robbed' is really getting tiresome.  For gods sake they had a 13-0 lead, and then a 10-point 4th quarter lead....and they're crying about 'being robbed'??????? Lmfao.

I guess overall I can take it, because I want the Saints, especially their nasty, trashy fans, to never, ever get over it. 

JDaveG and Francis York Morgan like this

Was it a bad call? Yes. Did the game end on that bad call? No.

They won the coin toss and had a great chance to win the game in OT. On the pick, I still don't know what Michael Thomas was doing. He could have easily broken up the pass, but it looked like he was whining and looking for a flag. I really think Payton is the reason they lost that game. As a coach, he has to get his team focused after the missed call, but his continued whining effected his team and you could see it. They were playing the victim card instead of using that fire to go win the game.

30 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Was it a bad call? Yes. Did the game end on that bad call? No.

They won the coin toss and had a great chance to win the game in OT. On the pick, I still don't know what Michael Thomas was doing. He could have easily broken up the pass, but it looked like he was whining and looking for a flag. I really think Payton is the reason they lost that game. As a coach, he has to get his team focused after the missed call, but his continued whining effected his team and you could see it. They were playing the victim card instead of using that fire to go win the game.

Well, the victim card got them a Super Bowl already, they were just doing what they know...

2 hours ago, Shiney_McShine said:

Reality:

It was a horrible non call. One of the worst I've ever seen.

The Saints kicked a FG and HAD the lead.

They FAILED to stop the Rams from tying the game.

They had the ball first in OT and turned it over.

How were they robbed? 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Saints had their hearts set on winning the SB in Atlanta's stadium which makes this non call hurt even more for them.

JDaveG likes this

2 hours ago, dirtybirds999 said:

aints fans didn't even cry this hard during Katrina

With all the tears coming out of that city I'm concerned about another flooding incident. Did they redouble the sizes of the levees?

dirtybirds999 likes this

20 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I don’t blame him. I mean, that interception was the biggest wounded duck I’ve seen in ages. It was a terrible throw.

Because he was hit in the face on the throw.

9C60E508-8A3F-4F83-B785-FB2016B4F8B5.thumb.jpeg.5cfc8c6b6d1488538d38194bbf2f49df.jpeg

People always bring up the no-call on the Goff facemask, yet this one doesn’t ever get brought up. Curious.

19 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

On the pick, I still don't know what Michael Thomas was doing. He could have easily broken up the pass, but it looked like he was whining and looking for a flag.

He was getting held, that’s what he was doing. From when he came off the line until ole boy fell down and had the easiest INT of his career literally fall in his lap.

3 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Because he was hit in the face on the throw.

9C60E508-8A3F-4F83-B785-FB2016B4F8B5.thumb.jpeg.5cfc8c6b6d1488538d38194bbf2f49df.jpeg

People always bring up the no-call on the Goff facemask, yet this one doesn’t ever get brought up. Curious.

He was getting held, that’s what he was doing. From when he came off the line until ole boy fell down and had the easiest INT of his career literally fall in his lap.

LoL

Yeah ...... because Falcon fans never complained about Roddy White and 10 yards for more than 2 weeks.....

And that call was marginal compared to the Lewis no call.

Don’t let your rival hate flip you into hypocrites now.

2 hours ago, SaintRay said:

Yeah ...... because Falcon fans never complained about Roddy White and 10 yards for more than 2 weeks.....

And that call was marginal compared to the Lewis no call.

Don’t let your rival hate flip you into hypocrites now.

Well except for the fact that the non-call against us was on the last play of the game which actually affected the outcome.

JDaveG likes this

5 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Facts are funny. B)

Saints getting bounced is funnier. 

40 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Saints getting bounced is funnier. 

The Rams putting up only 3 points showing they never belonged there in the first place is even more funnier. :D

32 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

The Rams putting up only 3 points showing they never belonged there in the first place is even more funnier. :D

If it makes you feel better :lol:

Iron Saint likes this

On 2/5/2019 at 7:41 PM, Iron Saint said:

No it isn't...you guys blowing back to back NFC championships last second put posters here in tears. Funny thing is you had the advantage of home cooking in that hurricane shelter until all of a sudden the bad officiating turned around and bit you in the bum.

On 2/6/2019 at 3:44 PM, Dutty Ole Bird said:

No it isn't...you guys blowing back to back NFC championships last second is put posters here in tears. Funny thing is you had the advantage of home cooking in that hurricane shelter until all of a sudden the bad officiating turned around and bit you in the bum.

Last time I checked we weren’t in the NFC Championship last year, so yeah, big swing and a miss. And that’s cool if y’all were in tears over that because it still isn’t nowhere near as bad as what happened in Houston on February 5th, 2017... ;)

And “home cooking”? At least we don’t need any of our former players on the officiating crew to help us barely make the playoffs as the #6 seed, like a certain team I know. 

Thankfully it was the Rams that made the Super Bowl because by practicing the week at Flowery Branch and using y’all locker room at the stadium certainly helped them “Embrace the Suck” with that 3-point performance. In fact, it was highly reminiscent of another one score performance...

26BB04D1-6C07-4478-B84B-E208B585CD22.thumb.jpeg.451a136e8a874e8281dec210379e264f.jpeg

:lol:

11 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Last time I checked we weren’t in the NFC Championship last year, so yeah, big swing and a miss. And that’s cool if y’all were in tears over that because it still isn’t nowhere near as bad as what happened in Houston on February 5th, 2017... ;)

And “home cooking”? At least we don’t need any of our former players on the officiating crew to help us barely make the playoffs as the #6 seed, like a certain team I know. 

Thankfully it was the Rams that made the Super Bowl because by practicing the week at Flowery Branch and using y’all locker room at the stadium certainly helped them “Embrace the Suck” with that 3-point performance. In fact, it was highly reminiscent of another one score performance...

:lol:

Isn't it nice to be able to come on our forums and be able to talk freely instead of getting closely watched and banned from your communist board for minuet shade by big brother SwampCIA? Yes I stand corrected, you would have been in the NFCCG, and won if it wasn't for "hit stick" last year. Excuse me for thinking you were in there because I thought you could defend an impossible last second 61 yard TD from a journey man QB. Speaking of old news you guys are about to be the past with a grandpa QB, and your window is about to be slammed shut. It must really cut deep to know we will be still in contention for another 4-5 years while you guys bleaux it with a rattata interception in clutch time, and a madden hit stick miss. As far as us winning due to a journey man ref who was a DOWN JUDGE, lol @ you for thinking he had the autonomy to fix a game, typically Saint none sense.

:tiphat:

5 hours ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

Isn't it nice to be able to come on our forums and be able to talk freely instead of getting closely watched and banned from your communist board for minuet shade by big brother SwampCIA? Yes I stand corrected, you would have been in the NFCCG, and won if it wasn't for "hit stick" last year. Excuse me for thinking you were in there because I thought you could defend an impossible last second 61 yard TD from a journey man QB. Speaking of old news you guys are about to be the past with a grandpa QB, and your window is about to be slammed shut. It must really cut deep to know we will be still in contention for another 4-5 years while you guys bleaux it with a rattata interception in clutch time, and a madden hit stick miss. As far as us winning due to a journey man ref who was a DOWN JUDGE, lol @ you for thinking he had the autonomy to fix a game, typically Saint none sense.

:tiphat:

There’s a difference between coming post after the season is over and going try and poke the hornet nest immediately after a loss. I’d certainly expect to be banned if I were involved in the latter. Trashing someone when they’re already down isn’t any fun, I’m sure you’d agree to that.

But seeing your post count though, you can’t tell me that BankerBird didn’t do the exact things here that you’re claiming goes on at SR? That dude had the itchiest ban finger I’ve ever seen. What happened to him though, does he still post? Haven’t seen him in awhile. Hope he’s doing okay.

And I wouldn’t be throwing out the “journeyman QB” insult so quickly considering y’all were eliminated by a journeyman QB the night before we were. Sure, he ended up winning the Super Bowl but that doesn’t change the fact he’s a journeyman considering he’s about to be on his 5th team (4th different team in 5 years).

And agreed, it’s unfortunate Grandpa Brees is nearing the end but after he retires, I’d be content with going 2-14 as long as we sweep y’all or at least split with y’all and Carolina. ;)

And let me give you a scenario: let’s say it’s mid-December and you guys are likely going to win the division. We’re in 3rd trying to close in on 2nd place and a possible playoff spot as a wildcard. We then play y’all in New Orleans and in a game marred by poor officiating (and just so happen to have a former Saint on the officiating crew), we edge y’all out. Then a few weeks later in Week 17, we play the Panthers in New Orleans (who are currently 2nd in the division fighting to overtake y’all for the division crown after losing y’all last game) and that same former Saint is on the officiating crew again. You can’t tell me y’all wouldn’t be screaming bloody murder over that. :ninja::lol:

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

16 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

There’s a difference between coming post after the season is over and going try and poke the hornet nest immediately after a loss. I’d certainly expect to be banned if I were involved in the latter. Trashing someone when they’re already down isn’t any fun, I’m sure you’d agree to that.

But seeing your post count though, you can’t tell me that BankerBird didn’t do the exact things here that you’re claiming goes on at SR? That dude had the itchiest ban finger I’ve ever seen. What happened to him though, does he still post? Haven’t seen him in awhile. Hope he’s doing okay.

And I wouldn’t be throwing out the “journeyman QB” insult so quickly considering y’all were eliminated by a journeyman QB the night before we were. Sure, he ended up winning the Super Bowl but that doesn’t change the fact he’s a journeyman considering he’s about to be on his 5th team (4th different team in 5 years).

And agreed, it’s unfortunate Grandpa Brees is nearing the end but after he retires, I’d be content with going 2-14 as long as we sweep y’all or at least split with y’all and Carolina. ;)

And let me give you a scenario: let’s say it’s mid-December and you guys are likely going to win the division. We’re in 3rd trying to close in on 2nd place and a possible playoff spot as a wildcard. We then play y’all in New Orleans and in a game marred by poor officiating (and just so happen to have a former Saint on the officiating crew), we edge y’all out. Then a few weeks later in Week 17, we play the Panthers in New Orleans (who are currently 2nd in the division fighting to overtake y’all for the division crown after losing y’all last game) and that same former Saint is on the officiating crew again. You can’t tell me y’all wouldn’t be screaming bloody murder over that. :ninja::lol:

Still a weak excuse, you guys have been on this forum for years and still able to sling stain grease. Banker Bird has been gone for a few years I think, didn't really interact with him much. You have to admit your fan base is soft and couldn't even handle a pg13 comment about the home cooking you traditionally receive in the bad weather dome. I wouldn't cry about a journey man ex-saint "down judge" provided he doesn't call 3 ridiculous back to back penalties on one drive, or allow our dbs to mug your best wr and cry for sympathy when other teams mug our wrs.

2 hours ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

Still a weak excuse, you guys have been on this forum for years and still able to sling stain grease. Banker Bird has been gone for a few years I think, didn't really interact with him much. You have to admit your fan base is soft and couldn't even handle a pg13 comment about the home cooking you traditionally receive in the bad weather dome. I wouldn't cry about a journey man ex-saint "down judge" provided he doesn't call 3 ridiculous back to back penalties on one drive, or allow our dbs to mug your best wr and cry for sympathy when other teams mug our wrs.

But it’s still a factual excuse. ;)

And interesting. I never interacted with him either, but I remember seeing him banning nearly anyone that questioned him. He seemed to always be on a massive power trip that just never ceased.  No idea though. Ah well, that’s make sense if he hit the old dusty trail that I hadn’t seen him in a minute.

And by “mugging our best WR”, you mean like this?

0EB6C12E-5D19-4165-A0C8-F8F9261DAFEA.jpeg.2df007bb8cf6d99aa2c8cb3b7139759a.jpeg

At least we haven’t resorted to eye gouging... yet. :lol: