ryantlanta

Why not follow the Rams blueprint from this season?

79 posts in this topic

Yea after Matt is gone ... imagine it takes a high draft pick, that is if you didn't mortgage the farm to trade up for a top 10 pick, to get a decent QB. And then you still have to spend a few more years for him to develop. Not to mention that you need to be able to find a stud WR like Julio!!

All of those things have to line up and that takes a lot of luck too.

soooo....just do it!!!!

Flying Falcon and ryantlanta like this

1 hour ago, ryantlanta said:

Trade or sign for our missing pieces at all cost go all out for a Super Bowl!

We might if DQ and TD feels his their job is on the line. 

ryantlanta likes this

Sure, let's go with the latest flavor of the month--always behind the trend and never ahead.

The Rams didn't do anything special. Quite frankly, that model is unsustainable and as others have said, is extremely hit or miss. OP is glamorizing the Rams and ignores the Patriots who are going back for the NINTH TIME under the current regime and their THIRD STRAIGHT since 2016, when the Falcons went. The Patriots don't make splash moves, they don't get caught in names, numbers, and fanfare. In fact, they're usually bucking trends, while still remaining married to the fundamental aspects of football. 

Good drafting and coaching always wins.

NeonDeion, Drew4719, Vandy and 6 others like this

The Aints have also been doing this the last few years. Mortgage their future for now.

But I think there's a sweet spot somewhere that you won't be too handcuffed down the road.

13 minutes ago, rudy said:

The Aints have also been doing this the last few years. Mortgage their future for now.

But I think there's a sweet spot somewhere that you won't be too handcuffed down the road.

I think the Aints have got one more year in their window if Brees does not suffer a big drop off. But their lack of draft picks and spending is going to start to really hurt beginining in 2020 when they have to start paying their young core and wont have enough low cost players on their first contract. It took a couple of years for the loss of picks in the Julio trade to hurt the Falcons.

rudy and hotlanta like this

1 minute ago, Doctor Kildare said:

I think the Aints have got one more year in their window if Brees does not suffer a big drop off. But their lack of draft picks and spending is going to start to really hurt beginining in 2020 when they have to start paying their young core and wont have enough low cost players on their first contract. It took a couple of years for the loss of picks in the Julio trade to hurt the Falcons.

And I don't think we have to mortgage the farm. We're so close ... so we should be in much better shape than what the Aints will be going through

34 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Because it’s not always guaranteed to work. 

THIS!!!!

How many Super Bowls have the Redskins won since Daniel Snyder took over and adopted this "buy" a Super Bowl at all costs strategy?

Vandy, Drew4719, ya_boi_j and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Because it’s not always guaranteed to work. 

This, sometimes you just have to find your own way of doing things. Many see what the Patriots are doing and still can't match that success and longevity. It's hard to imitate and do it convincingly.

ya_boi_j likes this

36 minutes ago, rudy said:

I can't wait for them to get remarried to those paper bags in a few years

Following trends never work out in the end. Not saying it didnt work for the Rams but just jumping to different plans every season will lead to failure. Sign smart FA and draft well and coach up. That is the only way to win in this league consistently. 

2 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

Trade or sign for our missing pieces at all cost go all out for a Super Bowl!

What if they get stomped in the super bowl.