MLS Champions Thread (Isn’t It about time?)

Downvote Don

• 2 weeks later...

Josef (despite being vaccinated or at least that what Atlanta United told us a month ago) went to Brazil where (shockingly) he was exposed to and tested positive for Covid.

Cant say I'm sorry that he can't take the pitch and get hurt if I'm being honest 

• 3 weeks later...

No doubt the magic has rubbed off on Heinze and he already lost the moment he decided to draw a line in the sand between him and the superstar 

But I'd honestly rather see Bocanegra fired

19 hours ago, AF89 said:

No doubt the magic has rubbed off on Heinze and he already lost the moment he decided to draw a line in the sand between him and the superstar 

But I'd honestly rather see Bocanegra fired

An article was just posted on Fox Sports. The Josef situation appears to have been a final straw vs the main reason. Heinze refused to let players have mandated days off, refused water intake during training to the point that medical staff had to intervene, used intermediaries to speak to players rather than speak to them himself, etc. The guy was an ego-maniac. 

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/mls/atlanta-united-fc-fire-coach-gabriele-heinze-at-a-crossroads-doug-mcintyre

23 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

An article was just posted on Fox Sports. The Josef situation appears to have been a final straw vs the main reason. Heinze refused to let players have mandated days off, refused water intake during training to the point that medical staff had to intervene, used intermediaries to speak to players rather than speak to them himself, etc. The guy was an ego-maniac. 

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/mls/atlanta-united-fc-fire-coach-gabriele-heinze-at-a-crossroads-doug-mcintyre

I thought he was an ego maniac even when I wanted to like him.

This is almost psychopathic 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, AF89 said:

Me thinks some euro club is bought to come to Blank with a good sized novelty check for one Miles Robinson

he deserves it. transfermarket valuation is a paltry 3.5MM I believe at the moment; will be some interesting negotiations for MR.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Unsure how I feel about this. Valentino has been doing a good job I feel. Perhaps Valentino really just does not want a head coaching gig at this point. Will welcome Pineda and, hopefully, some stability if he winds up being the hire.

Also, there's a slight chance new winger Luiz Araujo will be available for Sunday's game against LAFC. Some interesting line-up possibilities ahead once he's available to play. Someone is going to be losing out on playing time.