Jump to content

MLS Champions Thread (Isn’t It about time?)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love this team.

It's time to build that Josef statue. Put him on top of that falcon and ride that b*tch like it's the Neverending Story

It’s official. Heinz is the new coach for Atlanta United! https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/12/18/official-atlanta-united-appoint-gabriel-heinze-new-head-coach   Now bring in a real CDM

9 hours ago, AF89 said:

Whelp considering that was a play not lose starting XI and then you went out and lost Damm and Barco to injures anyway that was a disaster 😬

We hosted a surprise party and I missed the whole thing. Which would have been fine if my Rev/patriot fan nephew in Boston hadn’t sent me an obnoxious text. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2021 at 8:51 AM, AF89 said:

Lol and yikes

 

Wow . . . One of the strangest in the short history of Atlanta United was Carlton getting benched . . . or worse actually.  He was kept out of uniform and later banned from the victory parade the day of the MLS Cup.  

Apparently he played well enough for Indy last year, and there is not evidence that he actually stormed the capitol, although he indicated an intent to go to the rally.  

He's a dumb kid.

Maybe he'll mature.  He certainly could turn things around and have a successful career.  It seems like he should GTHO of Georgia though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AF89 said:

Whelp Sosa definitely didn't have his best game  (cost us three points probably).

Good to see Josef back on the scoresheet tho

Well, two points really. 😉

I completely missed this game due to Mother's Day festivities, but it really doesn't sound like I missed a lot of that JOSEF scoring. Watched the highlights and saw a ton of really ugly defensive play. I can only hope it's just sheer exhaustion. Some of our guys just looked to be going through the motions and listless. 82 degrees in Miami alone shouldn't be that much of a drain, but CCL and season congestion is a thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Porkins said:

Well, two points really. 😉

I completely missed this game due to Mother's Day festivities, but it really doesn't sound like I missed a lot of that JOSEF scoring. Watched the highlights and saw a ton of really ugly defensive play. I can only hope it's just sheer exhaustion. Some of our guys just looked to be going through the motions and listless. 82 degrees in Miami alone shouldn't be that much of a drain, but CCL and season congestion is a thing. 

The last twenty minutes was like watching a different game.

Very interesting that United's three subs were all to forwards.  Interesting tactic.  I guess the thinking is to take advantage of a team that had to open up the field and hope to get a buffer goal rather than just bolster defense.  I don't mind the strategy, but it failed pretty miserably.  We were sloppy and slow on defense.  Seems like one set of fresh legs up front and two sets back would work better.  Of course, I'm the expert so . . . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2021 at 11:45 AM, AF89 said:

 

😬

tel·e·no·vel·a
/ˌtelənōˈvelə/
 
noun: telenovela; plural noun: telenovelas; noun: tele-novela; plural noun: tele-novelas
  1. (in Latin America) a television soap opera.

 

Telenovela, Latin American serial drama similar to a soap opera in plot development but having a broader audience and airing during prime time rather than daytime. ... Telenovelas are characterized by a continuing melodramatic story line and a permanent cast.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shhfduhadhk omg nvm

If I'm montreal I'm probably mad that time was allowed to go that long (edit: well I say that but that's just based on how much time Kevin Egan said was left in extra time. Broadcast clock doesn't go past 90 for some reason this year)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AF89 said:

Shhfduhadhk omg nvm

If I'm montreal I'm probably mad that time was allowed to go that long (edit: well I say that but that's just based on how much time Kevin Egan said was left in extra time. Broadcast clock doesn't go past 90 for some reason this year)

Moreno scored at 93:56 (or very close to that) out of the referee’s indicated 94’. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Porkins said:

Moreno scored at 93:56 (or very close to that) out of the referee’s indicated 94’. 

Yeah I figured when I saw literally no one complain about the time. The announcers were just wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AF89 said:

Yeah I figured when I saw literally no one complain about the time. The announcers were just wrong

Only complaint I saw was a YouTube comment on the official mls highlight reel of the game. Was saying the referee was cooking it for the home team because he allowed stoppage to go eight minutes!?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Porkins said:

Only complaint I saw was a YouTube comment on the official mls highlight reel of the game. Was saying the referee was cooking it for the home team because he allowed stoppage to go eight minutes!?!

Lol they let Montreal have 1 more crack at a possession even after the "final play of the game winner" so that wouldn't hold up either

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing the Bello had a pretty mediocre game.  He was not effective creating anything on the left side and seemed pretty hemmed in all night.  I thought he was getting exhausted and thought they would make a sub for him.  

Then, with almost no time for a counter, the Montreal player completely over commits and boob, the game is over.  

Nice first touch to get past the guy, then perfect pass to Mulrraney with the fresh legs.

EPIC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...