Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HolyMoses

MLS Champions Thread (Isn’t It about time?)

I'll take a 1-1 away goal advantage back to Kennesaw all day.

My kingdom for a healthy fullback tho. Brooks Lennon scratched from the lineup before the game even began and it was his replacement out of position for the Montagua goal

I find whether it's soccer or football you want your CBs to completely dissappear into the role which is exactly what Fernando Meza did in his first real start. Didn't notice him all night long. 

I've seen a lot of analysts who know way more about soccer than I ever will say Meza is quietly a less flashy upgrade over LGP.

8 hours ago, AF89 said:

I find whether it's soccer or football you want your CBs to completely dissappear into the role which is exactly what Fernando Meza did in his first real start. Didn't notice him all night long. 

I've seen a lot of analysts who know way more about soccer than I ever will say Meza is quietly a less flashy upgrade over LGP.

Have you seen any highlights?  Link?

We need more "really good criminal defense lawyers" and fewer "really bad criminals".  Sounds like Meza might be an upgrade over LGP.

11 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

Have you seen any highlights?  Link?

We need more "really good criminal defense lawyers" and fewer "really bad criminals".  Sounds like Meza might be an upgrade over LGP.

If I see some I'll post em but it wasn't really that exciting of a game. We were content once we logged an away goal and they seemed content not to lose the home leg. Mostly your typical first round CCL match at altitude on a shytty pitch w/ an extremely unpredictable ref whose content to let you get elbowed in the face then card you cause you made eye contact at the other team too long.

On 2/21/2020 at 8:47 PM, AF89 said:

Just Josef hanging out with Quavo watching their Buddy Trae score 50

(This needs to be in every recruitment pitch.  You ususally don't get this in other countries not even England or Spain)

I think it's slowly but surely taking root. Inter Miami is drawing some big names already and they haven't played a game yet.

ATL United is getting a lot of foreign players, and they're not scrubs either. I think it's getting to the point where players, at least out of South America, are either choosing Europe or the US. At the very least, they're beginning to see the US as a good starting point to develop their game and prepare them for Europe, if that's still their goal. If players, like Almiron, Carlos Vela, and the kid from Vancouver, can draw serious interest from European clubs and even get transferred over, then that in itself is a major recruiting pitch.

Seattle choked <_<

But we have 1 MLS team now in every series in the next round.

Because of the final four we'll be at Kennesaw for our home leg against Club America.  They brought 10k to 20k fans for the champones cup last summer so this will be interesting to see how this works in a 9k stadium.

Reports are that Josef tried to walk to the team bus on a crutches and couldn't and had to be assisted.  

This isn't going to be short term

Really need to clear those visas

6 hours ago, Forever Julian said:

****. Knocked the stuffing out of the season just as it begins.

I'm holding out a small hope they can do some salary cap voodoo and somehow convince a old European star to come in on loan.

Once those visas clear we have a pretty stacked roster  that was supposed to be one of the favorites for the Shield and I refuse to believe their just going to go forward with Adam Jahn playing number 9 for all that talent. (They can probably stay afloat for a month playing false 9 with Pity plating a higher role, but we need a striker)

CCL is pretty much shot tho, Club America wants revenge  and is probably going to destroy us, and  I wouldn't be surprised if LAFC managed to win it  this year and we have to win something this year to even get back in the next one....so the dream of being the first MLS team to lift it is fading fast

17 minutes ago, Forever Julian said:

So many empty seats. Corona got people scared.

Looks normal for the first 10 mins to me. You can't ever truly take the Atlanta out of the crowd. Showing out before kickoff is not something we do here.