Cole World

Austin Hooper speaks his mind 92.9 The Game

50 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Sounds like a little baby.  Why did he wait this long to say anything? Seems weak to me...

How stupid would it be if he didn't prove people wrong first. It's easy to say you're going to do it but it is never guaranteed that you will do it. He did right.

Vandy and Cole World like this

1 hour ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

He's not wrong.

It sounds like he might read these boards and see some of the ridiculous opinions that emanate from them. If you're not a pro bowler setting the world on fire in your first or second season you're a bust around these parts. :rolleyes:

I'm sure he got roasted on Twitter a few times.

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Sounds like a baby to be crying about people from years ago. I don't care for it, and I don't make any apologies for it.  

Why does he care about what a few punk fans were saying?  Move along.  Many more fans were in his corner than weren't.  Why focus on the negative?  Why not focus on the good?

Michael Jordan literally took every slight and turned it into a HOF career. Same with Kobe. HeIl, the Patriots are using it this year as if they were ever considered under dogs. It motivated him to grow and improve. Some people see the negative Nancies as a motivational tool. I bet if Hooper sucked he would have never brought it up...

JDaveG likes this

He was the most improved player in 2018. One of the few bright spots in a forgettable season. Hoop shut every body up with his play. Hoping a great career for him in ATL.

2 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Sounds like a little baby.  Why did he wait this long to say anything? Seems weak to me...

He backed it up on the field and called out the haters. It would be all empty talk otherwise.

I thought he had potential and was an okay TE still. But god did he have some brutal mistakes in 2017. Bad drops, tipped INTs, his mistakes were just so big that it blocked out the good stuff and made it frustrating. He improved a lot this year, and while he’s no Travis Kielce, he’s completely fine as our starting TE. 

I don't believe that is a real quote from Hooper.

He never said "far out bro!"  I mean, come on.....

3 hours ago, gazoo said:

He’s 100% correct, fans ignore the importance of blocking and how just one good block can lead to a 25 yard or longer running play or TD.

A TD who can block proficiently AND be a threat in receiving game is huge. Gronk is the best at this, but he’s a rare breed and best complete TE possibly ever.  

Saubert was blocking well our last few games.  He looked like a big WR in college.  If he can develop in passing game under Mularkey along with Hoopers continued growth, this will be a tremendous advantage to have both these guys on roster or field at same time. 

Oh, snap! Toilolo hacked Gazoo's account!

vel likes this

3 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

I like Hooper a lot and have high hopes for him moving forward.

I dont think I've ever even bashed the guy, but what does he expect the fan reaction to be when the "mistakes" he's speaking of are tip picks that have played a vital role in costing the team games? He had a stretch of games in 2017 where he legitimately looked to be doing more harm than good.

Glad he came out of it and got more consistent, but to me this comes across as sour grapes. 

Agree with your post...but what ever motivates him works with me. I always thought Hoop would a good player. I purchased his jersey pre season last yr and wear it to most games. I liked Hoop pre draft - good size, speed and HUGE hands.

The only people who had problems with Hooper ever in his career are the same people who want Steve Sarkisian calling plays.  

KNOW WHATS BEST FOR THE TEAM PLEASE.  That is all I ask from you fans, take your mind and your ego, put it aside and REALIZE what is best for the team

6 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Well if you listened they brought it up not him. All he did was answer the question they asked him. 

I like Hoop and I’m glad he broke out this year, but it’s tiresome for athletes to throw off on fans when, had they not had critical, costly mistakes, no one would’ve had those negative observations. Better to say nothing. 

7 hours ago, O sizzle said:

I hope he does read these forums and he does read my hateful posts, I want him to have the drive to do better and become an elite TE. Use my posts as motivation foo!

I’m sure it’s your posts that does it for him. 

Lowndesfalc likes this

Here's what I said in the thread last year:

"Hoop improved by 30 catches and 255 yards this year, he does a similar improvement in his 3rd year, you've got a real weapon."

This year, he improved by  21 catches, 134 yards and 1 more TD, that's 71/660/4

Doubt he's getting many more catches in this offense, but 75 catches, 800 yards and 5-6 TDs would look really good next year

Big time Hooper fan even back when he was at Stanford. Think he will be utilized even more in Koetter's offense. That said most people ragged on him for a few high profile drops and think he had one tipped interception. It happens to the best of them sometimes,LOL coming off the super let down, fans gonna fan, most definitely weren't cutting them any slack.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

I’m sure it’s your posts that does it for him. 

Never know, I bet it does. Wasn't it roddy white who called out a poster on this forum?