Cole World

Austin Hooper speaks his mind 92.9 The Game

50 posts in this topic

Thats a guy tuned into getting better.  He has improved every year he has been in the league because he cares and is working hard on his craft.  Not sure if we have enough Hoops on this team.  We have too many guys that plateau off and just never reach their potential.  I understand that that is the case with most guys in the NFL but it sucks we have so much potential and guys are not playing up to their parts while a 3rd year guy is going to the probowl because he worked hard.  Hooper isnt the best athlete out there, most didnt know who he was until he was drafted. 

#WorkEthicOverAll

Atl Falcon, Geneaut, Vandy and 1 other like this

He’s 100% correct, fans ignore the importance of blocking and how just one good block can lead to a 25 yard or longer running play or TD.

A TD who can block proficiently AND be a threat in receiving game is huge. Gronk is the best at this, but he’s a rare breed and best complete TE possibly ever.  

Saubert was blocking well our last few games.  He looked like a big WR in college.  If he can develop in passing game under Mularkey along with Hoopers continued growth, this will be a tremendous advantage to have both these guys on roster or field at same time. 

I hope he does read these forums and he does read my hateful posts, I want him to have the drive to do better and become an elite TE. Use my posts as motivation foo!

I like Hooper a lot and have high hopes for him moving forward.

I dont think I've ever even bashed the guy, but what does he expect the fan reaction to be when the "mistakes" he's speaking of are tip picks that have played a vital role in costing the team games? He had a stretch of games in 2017 where he legitimately looked to be doing more harm than good.

Glad he came out of it and got more consistent, but to me this comes across as sour grapes. 

Atl Falcon and Dutty Ole Bird like this

Always found it funny about anybody complaining about Hooper. Demanding greatness from a player not even 32 games into his career is stupid. Hooper has been developing about the speed most other TEs have. Gronk was a freak. Not everybody is Gronk. But Hooper always had the measurables and talent to develop into a Pro Bowl caliber TE. He's done that and should only continue to get better. Remember he's only 24. There is a lot more talent to get out of him. 

2 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Sounds like a little baby.  Why did he wait this long to say anything? Seems weak to me...

Don't talk the talk until you walk the walk. 

He already came out and said the complaints about his "drops" were a handful of plays. He didn't bother continuing until he came back and showed he was better than those handful of plays. Now you can't say shlt about him when he's got a Pro Bowl on his resume. 

JDaveG likes this

11 minutes ago, vel said:

Don't talk the talk until you walk the walk. 

He already came out and said the complaints about his "drops" were a handful of plays. He didn't bother continuing until he came back and showed he was better than those handful of plays. Now you can't say shlt about him when he's got a Pro Bowl on his resume. 

Sounds like a baby to be crying about people from years ago. I don't care for it, and I don't make any apologies for it.  

Why does he care about what a few punk fans were saying?  Move along.  Many more fans were in his corner than weren't.  Why focus on the negative?  Why not focus on the good?

29 minutes ago, vel said:

Always found it funny about anybody complaining about Hooper. Demanding greatness from a player not even 32 games into his career is stupid. Hooper has been developing about the speed most other TEs have. Gronk was a freak. Not everybody is Gronk. But Hooper always had the measurables and talent to develop into a Pro Bowl caliber TE. He's done that and should only continue to get better. Remember he's only 24. There is a lot more talent to get out of him. 

So were Hernandez, Graham, Kelce, and Witten. Plug and play. 

When he or any other athlete say "all of you guys"  how is he hearing the noise?   locally? fans in person?  twitter?