Dutty Ole Bird

Blank: Falcons gearing up for championship run

46 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

I know, every fan in the world knew that, but our staff didn't. I have a strong feeling we will get there again in the next couple of seasons, and trust me I am never optimistic with this team. 

This is as optimistic as I've been with the falcons, remember those Vick years? We stunk. I think this team can do it if we get a tall DE and some OL help.

Atl Falcon and FalconinPA like this

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

This is as optimistic as I've been with the falcons, remember those Vick years? We stunk. I think this team can do it if we get a tall DE and some OL help.

Agreed. O Line help will be the biggest key to me. This offense has too many weapons to not make the playoffs or a deep run. Fix the line and we are there. A couple of more tweaks to the D line and the sky is the limit. 

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

4 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I don't think this is a normal change, though.  Whether Koetter is running his own system or working in a lot of our present concepts, he is a known quantity and Ryan works well with him.  Quinn is taking over the defense, which can only improve it IMHO.  And it's long past time for Armstrong to be gone.

I'm not saying 2019 is our year.  But it certainly could be.  In a sense you have to get lucky with injuries and catch lightning in a bottle by getting hot at the right time.  But that can happen any year, and so why not this one?

People didn’t think it was the Eagles turn last year...or our turn the year prior...or the Panthers before them.  So much goes into a great season that, excluding the Patriots, it’s an educated guess.  

We have a good shot to win the division and make noise in the playoffs.  All I can ask for

JDaveG and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, Tandy said:

I tisink we might be competitive but I doubt we will be rrun.   Changinevery couple of years isn't the way to run for the Lombardi.    Hope I'm wrong.

We should be okay. Koetter Is familiar with Ryan and Julio. Quinn as DC should be a huge positive. ST coach we needed a change. Just hope we keep Bryant and Bosh.

6 hours ago, Tandy said:

I think we might be competitive but I doubt we will be ready for a run.   Changing coaches every couple of years isn't the way to run for the Lombardi.    Hope I'm wrong.

Idk...we made our SB run in DQs second yr with him as our DC, MR2 is familiar with DK and our STs couldn’t be worse. We got to stay healthy and make some great off-season acquisitions.....we should be a threat and even better than our past yrs preseason predictions based on talent

6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Similar roster as 2018 which was a SB favorite.  Only difference is significant upgrades at DC, OC & ST ‘s

We are + 3,000 to win it.  Take the odds if you can afford to spend $1,000

Definitely going to put a Bennie on it

Falconsin2012 likes this

3 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

All I need is one SB trophy. I would like to have more if possible, but one would be enough. 

yep

9 hours ago, octoslash said:

You think that's bad, how'd you like to be a Browns fan...lose your team and just a few years laters have to watch them hoist the Lombardi as the Ravens.   lol

True, but at least the Browns had their glory years of dominance. They can hang their hat on Jim Brown and the trophies they won then. It's like before UGA got good again, we could always fall back on Herschel and that era of dominance. I think it's more painful to be a Falcon fan.

13 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

We should be okay. Koetter Is familiar with Ryan and Julio. Quinn as DC should be a huge positive. ST coach we needed a change. Just hope we keep Bryant and Bosh.

I hope Freeman makes it back but staying on the field with his running style is another. I know we gotta pay Grady and upgrade the OL but I would like to see Coleman next year in Koetter’s offense.

O sizzle, what was your prior screen name? This has been bugging me the last few days lol.

22 hours ago, O sizzle said:

TBH we are all still grieving from that loss, that was supposed to be our win and Shanny mucked it up.

Yeah it doesn't effect me as much but it's still there and don't think that will ever go away.

Just getting the injured guys back won't be enough.  We need another solid draft and free agency.  2016 and 2018 were good but we have to make up for 2017. 

- Cut Duke
- We need Foye, Senat, and Oliver to progress. 
- Hopefully Takk can get his mind right and be 100% for the season and Kazee can continue to ball. 

vitaman likes this

28 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Just getting the injured guys back won't be enough.  We need another solid draft and free agency.  2016 and 2018 were good but we have to make up for 2017. 

- Cut Duke
- We need Foye, Senat, and Oliver to progress. 
- Hopefully Takk can get his mind right and be 100% for the season and Kazee can continue to ball. 

No reason to cut Duke.  He is a core ST guy and if he can be a decent backup thats not bad for a 3rd rounder.  Expectations were high for him but Im not sure why.  Every 3rd rounder isnt going to be a starter.  I believe we see progression from the 3 you listed.  I think more PT brings them along but also with DQ being the DC he can give extra attention to detail to the young guys. Takk going to be fine, he comes from a hard upbringing and that does stuff to you mentally.  He loves football and with some good work ethic and habits he can continue to develop into a stud pass rusher.

On 1/29/2019 at 3:33 PM, FalconinPA said:

Yep, **** Shanny. He does the right thing the Falcons fans could have been celebrating that first Lombardi. 

Knowing the Falcons luck the Field goal would have been blocked and the Patriots would have won anyways.