Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Adam Schefter asked Thomas Dimitroff on his podcast

73 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

James was no better than Schraeder.

And looks like he'll cost a bit more, too... No thanks!

Dolphins RT Ja'Wuan James said he is "looking forward to free agency."

The 19th overall pick in 2014, James had a rough start to his career, but he has been a solid option when on the field over the last several years. He should be able to command north of $9 million per year if he hits the open market, and it sounds like that is his plan. James is Rotoworld's No. 3 available offensive tackle.
falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get me Jonah Williams in the first put him at RT, and Lindstrom or Jenkins in the second and put them at LG. Either of Levitre or Wes can play RG. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vel said:

I love how people act like TD has been ignoring the OL in recent years. The man went and got Andy and Mack when they had the capital to do so. When they didn't, he did what he could (Fusco). This isn't 2013-14. Since DQ got here, the OL was built up. It got old and injured very fast. Nobody foresaw Schraeder falling off a cliff and Fusco breaking his ankle but go ahead and act like you did...

That had more to do with Shanahan than Dimitrioff imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, k-train said:

And looks like he'll cost a bit more, too... No thanks!

Dolphins RT Ja'Wuan James said he is "looking forward to free agency."

The 19th overall pick in 2014, James had a rough start to his career, but he has been a solid option when on the field over the last several years. He should be able to command north of $9 million per year if he hits the open market, and it sounds like that is his plan. James is Rotoworld's No. 3 available offensive tackle.

He probably will, not many OT options in FA. Even draft is thin at tackle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vel said:

I love how people act like TD has been ignoring the OL in recent years. The man went and got Andy and Mack when they had the capital to do so. When they didn't, he did what he could (Fusco). This isn't 2013-14. Since DQ got here, the OL was built up. It got old and injured very fast. Nobody foresaw Schraeder falling off a cliff and Fusco breaking his ankle but go ahead and act like you did...

No position group in football spawns more uneducated opinions from fans than the offensive line. 

Not a single one.

People seem to have this notion that a "good OL" is the 49ers/Bills/Cowboys OLs from the pre-salary cap era. It isnt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vel said:

I agree. But let's be real, when he added Andy, it was a smart move and the OL was "set" based on his trust in his OC. DQ's first year as HC. The only issue was Person, who isn't a center. The next year, what did he do? Add Alex Mack and made him the highest paid center in football. Again, at that point the OL was set and we went to the SB because of it. Neither of those years is anybody complaining about the draft classes we had because they addressed more pressing needs. Invest premium capital in Andy and Mack in back to back years, solidifying the OL. Even added stable Chester.

Look at the 2015 and 2016 draft classes:

Vic
Collins
Coleman
Hardy
Jarrett
Neal
Debo
Campbell
Hooper
Schweitzer

Who are you trading in for a depth player? All of those guys played large roles on this team those first two years. Schweitzer was a 6th rounder. 2017 they added Harlow in the 4th, which with Schweitzer should have given you depth at both OG spots. I think the part that is constantly ignored is the development part. It's not a guarantee. But saying they ignored the spot or they should have done more is pure speculation in my opinion. The opportunities they had, they did. 

Exactly, they completely rebuilt the defense mainly with the draft and the Oline through FAs. 

Just like, if Hageman and Collins had worked out, the defense is much better shape, if they'd hit on Holmes, Harlow and Konz, nobody is all worked up right now.

And, the reality is, there's always holes on any team every years that have to be patched through FA and draft. Not like the falcons are Alabama going 3 deep with 4-5 star prospects on the lines.

Also nothing that says Harlow can't make a huge leap in year 3 or that Sambrailo can't develop- he was playing hurt and out of position when Beasley blitzed for all those sacks.

vel and Osiruz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Exactly, they completely rebuilt the defense mainly with the draft and the Oline through FAs. 

Just like, if Hageman and Collins had worked out, the defense is much better shape, if they'd hit on Holmes, Harlow and Konz, nobody is all worked up right now.

And, the reality is, there's always holes on any team every years that have to be patched through FA and draft. Not like the falcons are Alabama going 3 deep with 4-5 star prospects on the lines.

Also nothing that says Harlow can't make a huge leap in year 3 or that Sambrailo can't develop- he was playing hurt and out of position when Beasley blitzed for all those sacks.

Exactly. The offense was fine going into 2015, outside the OL, which they added Chester and Andy. Person was a risk, but like you said, every team has holes and it was calculated, as we see now Person has developed into a good blocker, just isn't a good snapper. 

I just think the narrative since 2015 is lazy. They invested in the OL. HeIl, how else do you have one of the highest paid OLs! They've picked OL almost every draft like people like to say they should do, yet they assume that depth just automatically develops and is starter quality come their turn to play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take a DB in the first 3 rounds... Couldn't hurt. Or some more LB Depth... I get it though. We need the rush to make it easier on the DB's, but Alford and Tru just ain't it fam! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, O sizzle said:

Give me Daryl Williams RT from the panthers if we go the FA route.

I would like this, but Panthers haven't made a move yet. I read an article where he really liked it in Charlotte and wanted to stay.The good news is he said something like he has to do whats best for him and his family. Said he should be recovered from his injuries by March

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, O sizzle said:

Good, its time to emphasize getting a non butt cheeks Oline, tired of being a wimpy soft team while rodent scarface sits behind Ramczyk and Unger and files his taxes.

Well that’s mostly because our d-line sucks most of the time. 

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Don't care, Ryan was sacked 42 times last year, when that happens you fix the **** OL, if it happens every year you keep trying to fix it. Nothing matters but results

Some of those sacks were on Matt. Some others were on our receivers not getting open. Some were on our RBs not doing their job picking up their blocks. Our OL was not near as bad as TAFTers like you claim it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every year before the season, I say the one thing that could derail our season is our OL and more specifically the borderline scrubs we always have at guard. Every year. Meanwhile the Stains bring in Warford, Unger, and draft two more OL in the first round. So tired of it. Don't know why guard is so undervalued by us. I know you can't pay every position, but you also can't just roll on prayers every year either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Total Package said:

Every year before the season, I say the one thing that could derail our season is our OL and more specifically the borderline scrubs we always have at guard. Every year. Meanwhile the Stains bring in Warford, Unger, and draft two more OL in the first round. So tired of it. Don't know why guard is so undervalued by us. I know you can't pay every position, but you also can't just roll on prayers every year either.

Saints also went 7-9 three  straight years bringing in those players.

raysnill1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, vel said:

I love how people act like TD has been ignoring the OL in recent years. The man went and got Andy and Mack when they had the capital to do so. When they didn't, he did what he could (Fusco). This isn't 2013-14. Since DQ got here, the OL was built up. It got old and injured very fast. Nobody foresaw Schraeder falling off a cliff and Fusco breaking his ankle but go ahead and act like you did...

Meanwhile Saints have 5 pro bowlers on their offensive line.  Falcons..... Well they just hope and pray guys like Wes and Ben Garland can come through.  Its called investing and finding the right players who can actually play in the NFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Meanwhile Saints have 5 pro bowlers on their offensive line.  Falcons..... Well they just hope and pray guys like Wes and Ben Garland can come through.  Its called investing and finding the right players who can actually play in the NFL

We’ve invested as much or more in OL as aints have. The lack of a running game contributed to ryan’s Sack totals as much as anything. 

vel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vandy said:

We’ve invested as much or more in OL as aints have. The lack of a running game contributed to ryan’s Sack totals as much as anything. 

Now THIS is a classic TATF post :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0