Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Adam Schefter asked Thomas Dimitroff on his podcast

73 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

While OL is a priority I hope TD does not forget about the DL. OL and DL should pretty much have the same priority

We've got, what, nine picks? I think the first three rounds had better go towards both lines.

Osiruz, nomak and HouseofEuphoria like this

Its not new information. We have been working on protecting Ryan for a long time.  Unfortunate things keep happening. Levitre and Fusco injured, Schrader turned into a turnstile.  Mack too a step back on pass pro(probably more related to the OGs around him).  Either way we took a hit. 

I think we need to address both G spots and RT via FA and draft.  Cant fix all of em in 1 spot.

31 minutes ago, Jumpin Jehosaphat said:

This can be accomplished with shrewd moves in both FA and the draft...make it happen TD

Don't forget about the trade route. It is absolutely legal to trade picks for established vets that can hit the ground running. See Abe, TonyG, Rison, Asante, Hinton, Levitre, Foxy, etc.

Juwan James and Ford/Williams for G at 14... Make it happen! Entire team gets better with a better ability to run the ball and score more. 

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

While OL is a priority I hope TD does not forget about the DL. OL and DL should pretty much have the same priority

We have been picking Defense for ever in draft except for couple of WR and occasional OL.

1 hour ago, Statick said:

We've got, what, nine picks? I think the first three rounds had better go towards both lines.

I think you’re wrong, sort of. Our first four picks should go to both lines.......unless we get a stud FA on the line some where. Then I agree first three rounds.

1 hour ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

No more of this bargain bin crap when it comes to the lines bring legit talent in here and stop playing 

While I do agree that we need to be aggressive up front... we have not exactly been shopping in the bargain bins.

rugger8 likes this

10 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Our O line is in much worse shape than the D line. 

Without a major upgrade, might as well just get ready for another 7-9 or 8-8.

Honestly it doesn't even need to be a major upgrade.... if the right side of the offensive line was even average we would have won another two or three games.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Honestly it doesn't even need to be a major upgrade.... if the right side of the offensive line was even average we would have won another two or three games.

Probably right. 

The injuries were just devastating.  Maybe in the big picture, it was a blessing, because it really exposed just how lacking in depth we are. 

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Probably right. 

The injuries were just devastating.  Maybe in the big picture, it was a blessing, because it really exposed just how lacking in depth we are. 

Unfortunately that is something that most NFL teams have to deal with... lack of depth across the offensive line is a concern in the NFL simply because it is taking 2 and 3 years or more for guys to learn how to be a lineman at this level.

Is honestly a struggle to field 5 starting-caliber offensive linemen... much less having seven or eight on your roster.

My fear is that we will try to overcompensate for that and use too many resources at trying to fill the the line and the depth ignoring other areas of need.

vel, 1989Fan, Drew4719 and 3 others like this

23 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

While I do agree that we need to be aggressive up front... we have not exactly been shopping in the bargain bins.

The o line we have..outside of mack fa wise we have 

2 hours ago, Cole World said:

Good, its time to emphasize getting a non butt cheeks Oline, tired of being a wimpy soft team while rodent scarface sits behind Ramczyk and Unger and files his taxes.

I love how people act like TD has been ignoring the OL in recent years. The man went and got Andy and Mack when they had the capital to do so. When they didn't, he did what he could (Fusco). This isn't 2013-14. Since DQ got here, the OL was built up. It got old and injured very fast. Nobody foresaw Schraeder falling off a cliff and Fusco breaking his ankle but go ahead and act like you did...