Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChickenBiscuit

Former Saints DE Akiem Hicks on no-call in NFCCG: "I have no love for the Saints, I think it was a great call. I'm glad they lost"

65 posts in this topic

I’m sure this has been said multiple times now but how is the Saints no calll any different than the no calls in the 2nd half of our SB loss or the no call on the raping of Roddy in the 2012 NFCCS?

I mean seriously... bad calls and no calls happen.  I don’t like them anymore than anyone else but it is what it is and I don’t know why this one in particular has gotten so much attention other than some lawyer in NO tried to sue the NFL just for his own personal gain, marketing.  

My one and only response to this.  End rant lol

ratesforless, Vandy and JDaveG like this

19 hours ago, Vandy said:

Lol boy, I’ve probably forgotten more football than you’ll ever know. Obviously, I even have more insight on your own team than you do. How embarrassing is that?

Get over it and own it, your team blew it on your own home field. No sympathy here, Take your whiny *** excuses someplace else, even your  ex-players are laughing at your team. 

As far as Hicks is concerned, LMAO at you trying to put most of the blame on a 3rd round draft pick for putting on the field some of the worst defenses in NFL history. Hicks is obviously flourishing in Chicago. He was a talented player in New Orleans too, your coaches just misused him. Amazing what good coaching will do. 

LOLOL, clearly you haven’t considering you don’t understand a **** thing about scheme in the first place. And how exactly do you have more insight on my team when you ignorantly and wrongly claimed “we were playing Hicks out of position” before I corrected you that he’s playing the same position in Chicago as he did here? Are you that dense? 

Some of the worst defenses in history and y’all still couldn’t post a winning record against us in those years (2012, 2014-2015) so what’s that say about y’all? ;)

Just stick to your “Happy Birthday” threads because you don’t know **** about football, boy. :lol: Speaking of which, my birthday was yesterday, where’s my thread?

19 hours ago, MSalmon said:

13-0 in your house against the fledgling rams. All you had to do was run the ball. At least we got beat by a 5 time SB champion and a team that has 8 SB appearances in a neutral zone, led by a HC that has 7 rings. 

But your saints--your miserable nutria rat team litterally blew the game in your house by a team who's HC just started shaving and had traveled a long way to play you. 

You and your fellow nutria rat fans will remember this a long time. And, it will hurt badly. Shove 28-3 up your arse, the new number is 13-0

@Vandy got anything to pile on with?

If you think that game is anything near the level of fail 28-3 is, I have a bridge to sell you, pal. Ask any fan that’s not a fan of either team that was involved in those two games and report back with your findings. I won’t hold my breath on that though.

19 hours ago, Vandy said:

LOL, I think you about covered it MS. 

Playing the victim card is never a good look. And trying that crap on your hated rivals message board? Little man is a ******* idiot. 

I don’t need a victim card, boy. I’ve more than handled any and every asinine argument you’ve virtually vomited in this thread while you then revert back to 3rd grade arguing tactics of name calling when you can’t backup any of your empty arguments. B)

17 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I am just glad you admit that you like Taints! 

Not everyone else on this board will do that. :rolleyes:

Well unlike most on this board, I’m not lacking in testicular fortitude. At least you can provide quality banter without lowering yourself to personal attacks so I salute thee, Ezekiel.

:tiphat:

14 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. 

Did you not read the exchanges I’ve had with the witless wonder? As I’ve previously said, what I’m doing to him can only equate to pistol whipping a blind kid. 

On 2/1/2019 at 2:44 AM, Iron Saint said:

LOLOL, clearly you haven’t considering you don’t understand a **** thing about scheme in the first place. And how exactly do you have more insight on my team when you ignorantly and wrongly claimed “we were playing Hicks out of position” before I corrected you that he’s playing the same position in Chicago as he did here? Are you that dense? 

Some of the worst defenses in history and y’all still couldn’t post a winning record against us in those years (2012, 2014-2015) so what’s that say about y’all? ;)

Just stick to your “Happy Birthday” threads because you don’t know **** about football, boy. :lol: Speaking of which, my birthday was yesterday, where’s my thread?

If you think that game is anything near the level of fail 28-3 is, I have a bridge to sell you, pal. Ask any fan that’s not a fan of either team that was involved in those two games and report back with your findings. I won’t hold my breath on that though.

I don’t need a victim card, boy. I’ve more than handled any and every asinine argument you’ve virtually vomited in this thread while you then revert back to 3rd grade arguing tactics of name calling when you can’t backup any of your empty arguments. B)

Well unlike most on this board, I’m not lacking in testicular fortitude. At least you can provide quality banter without lowering yourself to personal attacks so I salute thee, Ezekiel.

:tiphat:

Did you not read the exchanges I’ve had with the witless wonder? As I’ve previously said, what I’m doing to him can only equate to pistol whipping a blind kid. 

catchy tune, bro

JDaveG and Iron Saint like this

2 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

I have ALWAYS BEEN a fun mean spirited trash talker! 

There is so much more material to talk about that doesn’t hit someone personally but still hurts ttheir fandom to the point of laughter in some cases. 

At the end of the day, this is JUST A GAME and we all SHOULD HAVE lives to go back to Monday morning. 

No reason to make up something personal for folks who’s sin is they have poor team selecting abilities! :D

Although from time to time, I have to wonder about your character as a human being. :rolleyes:

JDaveG and Iron Saint like this

4 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Did you not read the exchanges I’ve had with the witless wonder? As I’ve previously said, what I’m doing to him can only equate to pistol whipping a referee

Fixed it for you

On 1/28/2019 at 7:34 PM, Iron Saint said:

Nailed it. He was a large part of our locker room cancer that was cut out between 2015-2016. 

He was lazy and took plays off because he didn’t want to play 3-tech or 1-tech, he wanted to play the 5 which as even you all know, is Cam Jordan’s position. Since he wasn’t the “star” of the line, he half-***ed it until we shipped him off.

He then went on to play for 3 teams in a 2-year span. Tells you all you need to know about his character that Payton or Belichick couldn’t get him out their locker rooms fast enough.

Ended up being one of the best in the NFL. So about this character and Payton. Those two terms do not belong in the same category. Especially not with a diva coach that locked himself in his bedroom, watched Netflix and ate ice cream for 3 days. Not for Mr. Bountygate. Not Mr. Choke Gesture. Not Mr. Pill Popper. 

22 hours ago, MSalmon said:

catchy time, bro

It’s pop so it’s supposed to be catchy, but eh. It could’ve been mixed better but at least she’s easy on the eyes.

Another positive is at least it’s reusable since we’ll be partying in the ATL again later this year. B)

22 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I have ALWAYS BEEN a fun mean spirited trash talker! 

There is so much more material to talk about that doesn’t hit someone personally but still hurts ttheir fandom to the point of laughter in some cases. 

At the end of the day, this is JUST A GAME and we all SHOULD HAVE lives to go back to Monday morning. 

No reason to make up something personal for folks who’s sin is they have poor team selecting abilities! :D

Although from time to time, I have to wonder about your character as a human being. :rolleyes:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. 

That’s the exact reason why I won’t devolve to personal insults or namecalling until the other person resorts to it first, then all bets are off and I’ll toss out nearly anything I can think of that’s funny (and true). :lol:

Except namecalling, that’s never really been my thing. I just find it tacky and I don’t get anything out of it as I can with a clever, multilayered insult. That’s typically why my responses tend to be rather long-winded. I like to paint a pretty picture with my smack, not call someone a name and run away snickering like children. ;)

But anyone can look through any of my back and forth interactions, you won’t see any namecalling until it comes from the other poster.

20 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Fixed it for you

In all seriousness, you might be onto something because that sounds like a great carnival game. Kinda like the dunk tank with someone you don’t like, but even better. I’d sit there all day and go full Henry Hill on Vinovich and/or Cavaletto...

:argh:

20 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Ended up being one of the best in the NFL. So about this character and Payton. Those two terms do not belong in the same category. Especially not with a diva coach that locked himself in his bedroom, watched Netflix and ate ice cream for 3 days. Not for Mr. Bountygate. Not Mr. Choke Gesture. Not Mr. Pill Popper. 

And he still isn’t as good as his former teammate, which is exactly my point. He *****ed and moaned about having to play inside here because he couldn’t play the position he wanted to because we had Jordan (who’s a much better athlete in every conceivable metric) already solidified into our lineup in the spot he wanted. So what’d he do? He sandbagged and half-assed it until he got shipped off to New England, where he had an even shorter stint than Courtney Love at a rehab facility, before landing in Chicago.

Now he’s in Chicago, playing the exact same position he didn’t want to play here, and the only difference is now he’s putting forth the full effort we hoped he would eventually give here. And he’s still not even leading their team in sacks. But hey, at least he’s up to 2nd instead of 3rd or 4th here!

But you’re absolutely right, Hicks and Payton don’t belong in the same category.

Payton has an AP Coach of the Year award. Payton has a Super Bowl ring. Payton is the all-time leading coach in wins for a franchise that has employed four Hall of Famers at the same position before him: Tom Fears, Hank Stram, **** Stanfel, and Mike Ditka. And Payton has a better win % than all of them.

Hicks has a lone Pro Bowl appearance as a reserve and one NFC Defensive Player of the Week award.

Totally apples to oranges, you’re right.

Edited by Iron Saint

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

It’s pop so it’s supposed to be catchy, but eh. It could’ve been mixed better but at least she’s easy on the eyes.

Another positive is at least it’s reusable since we’ll be partying in the ATL again later this year. B)

That’s the exact reason why I won’t devolve to personal insults or namecalling until the other person resorts to it first, then all bets are off and I’ll toss out nearly anything I can think of that’s funny (and true). :lol:

Except namecalling, that’s never really been my thing. I just find it tacky and I don’t get anything out of it as I can with a clever, multilayered insult. That’s typically why my responses tend to be rather long-winded. I like to paint a pretty picture with my smack, not call someone a name and run away snickering like children. ;)

But anyone can look through any of my back and forth interactions, you won’t see any namecalling until it comes from the other poster.

In all seriousness, you might be onto something because that sounds like a great carnival game. Kinda like the dunk tank with someone you don’t like, but even better. I’d sit there all day and go full Henry Hill on Vinovich and/or Cavaletto...

:argh:

And he still isn’t as good as his former teammate, which is exactly my point. He *****ed and moaned about having to play inside here because he couldn’t play the position he wanted to because we had Jordan (who’s a much better athlete in every conceivable metric) already solidified into our lineup in the spot he wanted. So what’d he do? He sandbagged and half-assed it until he got shipped off to New England, where he had an even shorter stint than Courtney Love at a rehab facility, before landing in Chicago.

Now he’s in Chicago, playing the exact same position he didn’t want to play here, and the only difference is now he’s putting forth the full effort we hoped he would eventually give here. And he’s still not even leading their team in sacks. But hey, at least he’s up to 2nd instead of 3rd or 4th here!

But you’re absolutely right, Hicks and Payton don’t belong in the same category.

Payton has an AP Coach of the Year award. Payton has a Super Bowl ring. Payton is the all-time leading coach in wins for a franchise that has employed four Hall of Famers at the same position before him: Tom Fears, Hank Stram, **** Stanfel, and Mike Ditka. And Payton has a better win % than all of them.

Hicks has a lone Pro Bowl appearance as a reserve and one NFC Defensive Player of the Week award.

Totally apples to oranges, you’re right.

Payton is a jack@ss. No apples or oranges, just a bitter @ss lemon.

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

Of course you couldn't have, you're a Taints fan! :lol:

On 2/2/2019 at 5:24 AM, Faithful Falcon said:

Payton is a jack@ss. No apples or oranges, just a bitter @ss lemon.

You’d love him if he was your bitter *** lemon. 

He’s still 5-3 head to head vs. Quinn.

On 2/2/2019 at 5:45 AM, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Of course you couldn't have, you're a Taints fan! :lol:

Hey now, that’s enough out of you! ;)