g-dawg Posted January 28, 2019 Share Posted January 28, 2019 Looking at this draft and the many Falcons needs on both sides of the LOS and possibly needing to add another corner if DQ/TD decide to part ways with Alford (not saying it will happen) - this is a fairly deep draft for the Top 100 (Days 1&2). Right now the Falcons have the #14 overall pick where they should be able to pickup an interior Defensive lineman. Falcons needs in order: 1) RT 2) OG 3) DT 4) CB 5) EDGE I don’t want to get in too big of a debate about my rankings above but, suffice it to say the Falcons have a lot of holes and areas where depth is needed. I know many want to address RT & OG in free agency and that might happen. Usually the best of those guys aren’t free once tags are applied and you end up overpaying for guys like Fusco and Levitre who aren’t even really good - forget that. We need to save free agent dollars for taking care of Grady Jarrett this year and Deion Jones next year. For purposes of discussion here I am assuming no major FA signing. DRAFT TRADE & CHART Looking at the chart, by dropping from #14 down to #20(or lower), the Falcons could expect an early 3rd round pick or late 2nd rounder. We have tradeable comp picks this year as well. If the first 13 picks wipe out DT-Ed Oliver, DT-Jeffrey Simmons and OT-Jonah Williams then I believe bugging out of the pick to add another Day 2 pick would be advantageous. Guys that could possibly be had in the 20’s: 1) Christian Wilkins,DT-Clemson (40/60% chance available at #20) 2) Jawaan Taylor, OT-Florida (50/50% chance available at #20) 3) Cody Ford, OG-Oklahoma (70/30% chance available at #20) 4) Dalton Risner, OT/OG-Kansas St (80/20% chance available at #20) 5) Chris Lindstrom, OG-Boston College (90/10% chance available at #20) 6) Yodny Cajuste, OT-West Va (90/10% chance available at #20) I would love to see the best combo of OT, DT, OG, CB with our first four picks and not married to the order in which they are selected. Some of the players listed above might could slip to 2nd rd but doubt any fall to our mid 2nd. Some intriguing guys I saw at Senior Bowl that are likely Day#2 picks are Chuma Edogma (OT), Bradbury (C), Khalen Saunders(DT), Charles Ominhue(DT/DE), Jonathan Ledbetter (DT/DE), etc. We need another Top 100 pick. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.