Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayOzOne

Shutting Up The Stains Once 'n For All

216 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, octoslash said:

The Bagheads had a 13-0 lead, and a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, and they blew both leads.

Then they had the ball first in OT, and blew that.

How in the name of god could anyone say they were the "better team"?   :huh:

Because how you start proves a lot more important than how you finish...obviously.

Something we know all to well about. :ninja:

octoslash likes this

22 minutes ago, kschreck said:

What's the point of responding to a post if you aren't even going to read it?

Good point, got Tandy mixed-up with OP, my bad on that.

kschreck likes this

47 minutes ago, falconidae said:

I know this is pointless, but hey.

That is NOT a doctored video, that's simply a video from a different camera angle. Some random person messing with the Saints is not the NFL hiding their tracks. As Tandy said, other views show that the ball wasn't tipped.

Saints had a double digit lead in the first half. They had a different double digit lead in the second half. They had the ball first in OT. One blown call didn't cause them to lose.

And, no the Saints weren't the better team, their Oline was much weaker than at the start of the year- Starting guard Peat missed the game, Starting LT Armstead was hurt most of the second half of the year and was obviously not playing at 100%. They also lost several auxiliary pieces- the pass catchers besides Thomas- Watson was out, Ginn was out, Meredith was out, Hoomanawanui was out. 

A weaker OLine and fewer options in the pass game meant it was easier for the Rams to shut them down, esp. in the red zone. Rams were the better[ mainly because they were healthier] team.

Go ahead and believe, wish I still did, but there is no going back once you see the NFL for what it is. You will one day too, but in the meantime enjoy yourself. 

1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

Here is my post that you posted appearing to be a quote from me: "

You are right, did not bother to read your post, but why did you post the video in the first place? And, who cares about the missed face mask, that is a commonly missed call. The missed PI call had 3-Refs staring right at the play......Worst non-call (was not a bad call it was a no-call)  in the history of the NFL.

Like I said the NFL is a standing joke!!" 

To miss-quote someone is fairly juvenile, must have really drawn your ire? Probably eat, sleep, and dream about the NFL?

Yes, I'm the obsessive one.

You're the balanced guy with a real life outside the NFL who is whining on another team's message board about how your team choked........ERRRRRRRR........."got screwed" in the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, Cheap Talk said:

Go ahead and believe, wish I still did, but there is no going back once you see the NFL for what it is. You will one day too, but in the meantime enjoy yourself. 

I am going to agree that there are things that don't seem right.   I do think they lean towards one team or the other in many instances - and have often wondered if it's because of the Vegas odds or if they are on the take (laugh maybe but hey - it's happened in other sports) so I don't blame you for having these thoughts.

But, in this case, I don't see it.   There were too many calls that went for the Saints - including one in overtime.    The refs blew this call.    The Saints blew this game.   

Mister Whitworth, LT for the Rams, still has it right.  Nothing has changed:

As the rage throughout Who Dat Nation continues following Sunday's no-call on a pass interference on Rams corner Nickell Robey-Coleman, L.A. prepares for the Super Bowl

The blatant non-call has led to a cavalcade of anger from New Orleans Saints players, fans, and many non-partisan spectators. In an odd twist, the pervasive bitterness now seems poised to morph into a locker-room rallying cry in Los Angeles. 

Respected veteran left tackle Andrew Whitworth joined the Rich Eisen Show on Tuesday and noted the call wasn't the only one missed in the game. 

"You see the arguments from some of the Saints' players about the rule about the commissioner restarting the game over or from that point or whatever," Whitworth told Eisen, via Turf Show Times. "My argument to that would be, Rich, is then Jared Goff got a facemask on the second down on the possession before that was not called. That'd be first-and-goal at the 1 down three points. If you look at our odds from the 1 this season, that's seven points. So, they'd be down four, and a field goal wouldn't matter. They would have had to score in that situation either way.

“So, the reality is, where is the last foul that you want to argue? Whether it's blatant or not is not a matter. It's whether it's a foul. 

"So, it's just one of those things that's a slippery slope, and it's an excuse. [However] you cut it. And the reality is they got football after that snap. They played in overtime with the football. New England had the same situation and won the game. They didn't score; we did. 

"We can argue about it all day, but they had an opportunity to win the game and we won it." 

Heading to the first Super Bowl of his 13-year NFL career, Whitworth has had his experience with bitterness after playoff losses following referee's decisions. He was part of a Cincinnati Bengals team that fell to the Pittsburgh Steelers after former assistant coach Joey Porter coaxed a personal foul penalty. 

"I've played a ton of games. I've had a ton of calls that could have gone one way or the other or should have or whatever that have claimed to have been missed," he said. "But I've lost a playoff game to a coach being on the field getting a personal foul drawn from our players. 

"So, I've experienced it, man, and I know it's tough. But the reality is, football was played after that snap, and you know what, whatever team tries to win the game from there and wins it won the football game."

Bigbenright, falconidae and JDaveG like this

34 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Yes, I'm the obsessive one.

You're the balanced guy with a real life outside the NFL who is whining on another team's message board about how your team choked........ERRRRRRRR........."got screwed" in the playoffs.  

Falcon season ticket holder for 10-years, and had press passes before that. Next year will be my last year.

Edited by Cheap Talk

17 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I am going to agree that there are things that don't seem right.   I do think they lean towards one team or the other in many instances - and have often wondered if it's because of the Vegas odds or if they are on the take (laugh maybe but hey - it's happened in other sports) so I don't blame you for having these thoughts.

But, in this case, I don't see it.   There were too many calls that went for the Saints - including one in overtime.    The refs blew this call.    The Saints blew this game.   

Keep your mind open, has and will serve you well in all walks.

12 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Find someone from the NFL claiming the pass was tipped. I'll wait. Oh, you can't? That's because the NFL has already admitted to the Saints that the call was missed.

The refs didn't have anything to do with the starting LG missing the game, the starting LT playing hurt, or Brees missing throws he used to make, or Sean Payton not running the ball at the end of regulation and allowing the Rams time to come down and tie the game.

Saints had a 13-0 lead in the first half, and a 20-10 lead in the second half and won the toss in OT, still would have won the game had Saints simply run the ball three times and kicked a FG.

One blown call just isn't going to change that.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Find someone from the NFL claiming the pass was tipped. I'll wait. Oh, you can't? That's because the NFL has already admitted to the Saints that the call was missed.

The refs didn't have anything to do with the starting LG missing the game, the starting LT playing hurt, or Brees missing throws he used to make, or Sean Payton not running the ball at the end of regulation and allowing the Rams time to come down and tie the game.

Saints had a 13-0 lead in the first half, and a 20-10 lead in the second half and won the toss in OT, still would have won the game had Saints simply run the ball three times and kicked a FG.

One blown call just isn't going to change that.

One blown call did change that.

Know the NFL too well, they are trying to figure out how to cover their tracks on this one, too obvious for all to see. Do not know where the video came from, but it appears to have been modified. As far as the NFL modifying instant replays, go watch Seattle's last playoff game.

8 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Know the NFL too well, they are trying to figure out how to cover their tracks on this one, too obvious for all to see. Do not know where the video came from, but it appears to have been modified. As far as the NFL modifying instant replays, go watch Seattle's last playoff game.

Which replay was modified in Seattles playoff game?   Just curious.

Just now, Cheap Talk said:

Nobody from the NFL is claiming the pass was tipped. The NFL has already admitted to the Saints they blew the call, there's no need to "cover their tracks". You're claiming conspiracy from a twitter thread, I'm not the one who needs to wake up here.

And, no, one blown call didn't win the game for the Rams, they still had to  1. keep the Saints out of the end zone, 2. get the ball back, 3. drive down the field, 4. kick a FG, 5. get a TO in OT and 6. make a 57 yard FG.

The blown call only helps with number 1. Rams still had to do 2 through 6 to win the game.

And, as has been pointed out, Saints had a face mask penalty that was uncallled, the best that should have happened is that they were off setting penalties.

If they wanted the Rams to win, why not call the obviously missed face mask penalty on the Saints that would have given the rams the ball at the goalline with a fresh set of downs? That would have been a much more beneficial call to the Rams. Or calling the TD play for the Saints back that happened after the play clock expired? How is taking point off the board not a better deal for the Rams?

From an NFL reporter:

Vincent Bonsignore Retweeted Darren Rovell

Every Friday during the regular season I and many other reporters were sent an #NFL officiating video/breakdown from the previous Sunday in which calls were explained and mistakes were owned up to. I have no doubt the NFL is on the up and up.

You're not going to answer any of this because you can't.  Only answer you have is your claim it's been fixed. You have no proof whatsoever. 

HASHBROWN3 and JDaveG like this

13 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Which replay was modified in Seattles playoff game?   Just curious.

A Seattle Fan pointed it out to me, not sure where specifically time wise to direct you. Was a PI on one of Seattle's players, when they did the replay the guy had been knocked down at the line of scrimmage. Then miraculously got-up and wizzed to where the call was made.

Even the Commentators had to comment on that one. Need to go back and see it again myself.

13 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Nobody from the NFL is claiming the pass was tipped. The NFL has already admitted to the Saints they blew the call, there's no need to "cover their tracks". You're claiming conspiracy from a twitter thread, I'm not the one who needs to wake up here.

And, no, one blown call didn't win the game for the Rams, they still had to  1. keep the Saints out of the end zone, 2. get the ball back, 3. drive down the field, 4. kick a FG, 5. get a TO in OT and 6. make a 57 yard FG.

The blown call only helps with number 1. Rams still had to do 2 through 6 to win the game.

And, as has been pointed out, Saints had a face mask penalty that was uncallled, the best that should have happened is that they were off setting penalties.

If they wanted the Rams to win, why not call the obviously missed face mask penalty on the Saints that would have given the rams the ball at the goalline with a fresh set of downs? That would have been a much more beneficial call to the Rams. Or calling the TD play for the Saints back that happened after the play clock expired? How is taking point off the board not a better deal for the Rams?

From an NFL reporter:

Vincent Bonsignore Retweeted Darren Rovell

Every Friday during the regular season I and many other reporters were sent an #NFL officiating video/breakdown from the previous Sunday in which calls were explained and mistakes were owned up to. I have no doubt the NFL is on the up and up.

You're not going to answer any of this because you can't.  Only answer you have is your claim it's been fixed. You have no proof whatsoever. 

Answer what? You haven't said anything.

1 minute ago, Cheap Talk said:

A Seattle Fan pointed it out to me, not sure where specifically time wise to direct you. Was a PI on one of Seattle's players, when they did the replay the guy had been knocked down at the line of scrimmage. Then miraculously got-up and wizzed to where the call was made.

Even the Commentators had to comment on that one. Need to go back and see it again myself.

Going to take more that some random Seattle fan claiming that to make it true. 

So, you got some random Seattle fan claiming they somehow modified the replay video and some commentator saying that the guys kick looked odd and that's your "proof" Along with claiming a fairly routine missed call was the worst missed call ever?

4 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Answer what? You haven't said anything.

Things I said in that post that are verified facts

1. NFL has apologized to the Saints for the blown call.

2. There were several other missed call that would have helped the Rams out much more.

3. There should have been off setting penalties on the blown call.

4. Rams had to do 5 things to win the game after the blown call.

5. NFL routinely apologizes for blown calls.

Opinions you have presented in this ongoing discussion as facts

1. A Seattle fans opinion about a blown call in another game, nope not a fact

2. a commentators off hand comment about a strange bounce on a FG try, nope not a fact

3. Your claim of worst  blown call ever, nope not even the worst blown call in that game.

Just now, falconidae said:

2. There were several other missed call that would have helped the Rams out much more.

2. a commentators off hand comment about a strange bounce on a FG try, nope not a fact

3. Your claim of worst  blown call ever, nope not even the worst blown call in that game.

Case dismissed.  Cheap talk is cheap.

Main thing is, the filthy Saints are at home with their lowlife fans squealing like stuck piglets.  Very nice indeed!!

The Peregrine and JDaveG like this

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Well sounds as if you and Hashbrown must feel pretty good about things. Otherwise not sure I know, nor do you know what it is you are trying to say?

Do know the you are both in the slim minority, and I mean slim, across the country minimizing the non-call. Everyone including myself, concluded that it is the worst non-call in NFL history. Did you see the ABC piece I posted? They used to play in the NFL, and have more expertise than I do, go ahead and Twitter this garbled BS to them.

The NFL is now scared ******* behind the scenes. They got caught red-handed, and trying to act like it is business as usual. But, we are seeing things like the doctored video coming-out. Who produced it? Who funded the production of it?

I could care less about the other crap you are talking about, do not care who won/lost that game, except glad the Saints lost more than anything else. Those other non-calls were either make-up non-calls or you could see calls like that being missed on every play in every NFL game. Big deal! Who cares! 

What does matter is that the NFL got caught red-handed on the worst non-call in the history of the game. It would have been the end of the game for all intents and purposes if it were called, and the Refs knew that. Only thing was, LA had to be in the Super Bowl. The whole country saw it, and everyone except you two Mensa candidates are now wondering what they saw!

That is the real issue here. Otherwise not sure I know, nor do you know what it is you are trying to say?

Ok guess it’s all a conspiracy. Also figure you won’t be watching anymore NFL as a result. Also also figure you probably have no further need to discuss the NFL on an NFL forum.

Hasta. 

Mescalito, The Peregrine and JDaveG like this

3 hours ago, Tandy said:

The Saints have enjoyed Katrina refs for 12 years. F them, I hope the refs screw them out of more games to make up for 12 years of games given to them on a platter somme of which came at our own teams expense.

Vandy, Tandy, Mescalito and 2 others like this

6 minutes ago, Porkins said:

Ok guess it’s all a conspiracy. Also figure you won’t be watching anymore NFL as a result. Also also figure you probably have no further need to discuss the NFL on an NFL forum.

Hasta. 

Have season tickets for one more year, then it will be 'Hasta la vista, baby'! Had season tickets for last 10-years, and Press Passes before that, have seen too much of World Wide Championship Football.

In the meantime, will be keeping up with my team, and hope one day they will be allowed to go to the Big Dance once again. Arthur Blank has expressed much of the same sentiments in public, mind you. I will also not stand by and watch trash being propagated, like the video that started this thread.

Hope you are up-to-date and clear on my intentions now, thanks for your concern. By the way, we have all seen enough to know there is no conspiracy here, some just can't come to grips with the reality of it though. Certainly understand that.

46 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Have season tickets for one more year, then it will be 'Hasta la vista, baby'! Had season tickets for last 10-years, and Press Passes before that, have seen too much of World Wide Championship Football.

QuerulousImperfectIbis-small.gif

You guys know who wants this thing to drag out as long as possible?  Sean Payton.  As long as people are talking about this non-call PI they will completely forget how Sean Payton mismanaged the clock and give the Rams enough time to tie up this game and winning in OT.  Saints was 1st and 10 and Rams 13 with 1:58 sec left.  Rams has 2 timeouts so if Saints ran the ball on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and kick the FG on 4th down then there would be around 1:58 - 5s(1st then Rams timeout) - 5s(2nd then Rams timeout) - 45s(3rd + clock run then Saints timeout) - 4s(FG) = 59 sec left for Rams and 0 timeout(someone check my math).  Can the Rams move the ball and get in FG range with less than a min and 0 timeout?  Absolutely, but it sure not going to be as easy as 1:41 sec and 1 timeout.  That 1 timeout allowed the Rams to throw anywhere on the field as oppose to just the sideline.     

1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

Well sounds as if you and Hashbrown must feel pretty good about things. Otherwise not sure I know, nor do you know what it is you are trying to say?

Do know the you are both in the slim minority, and I mean slim, across the country minimizing the non-call. Everyone including myself, concluded that it is the worst non-call in NFL history. Did you see the ABC piece I posted? They used to play in the NFL, and have more expertise than I do, go ahead and Twitter this garbled BS to them.

The NFL is now scared ******* behind the scenes. They got caught red-handed, and trying to act like it is business as usual. But, we are seeing things like the doctored video coming-out. Who produced it? Who funded the production of it?

I could care less about the other crap you are talking about, do not care who won/lost that game, except glad the Saints lost more than anything else. Those other non-calls were either make-up non-calls or you could see calls like that being missed on every play in every NFL game. Big deal! Who cares! 

What does matter is that the NFL got caught red-handed on the worst non-call in the history of the game. It would have been the end of the game for all intents and purposes if it were called, and the Refs knew that. Only thing was, LA had to be in the Super Bowl. The whole country saw it, and everyone except you two Mensa candidates are now wondering what they saw!

That is the real issue here. Otherwise not sure I know, nor do you know what it is you are trying to say?

Dude these crappy calls & non calls have been happening to quite a number of teams for quite some time now all over the league. Truth is, the POS Saints have benefited from them to a lopsided degree including this year.

Your exercise in coming to the aid of our dirtbag, low class rivals is falling on deaf ears.  It’s been proven & explained quite a number of times to you that had the previous calls been properly made, this game probably would have ended differently & the Saints would have lost even more legitimately.  At least then they wouldn’t have had the epic OT implosion.

LA won fair & square, Saints lost fair & square.  Both you & the scungy Aints fans can pound you some sand & howl at the moon until the cows come home & the rest of America will enjoy the SB without the poor sportsmanship of the Louisiana losers.  

They got exactly what they deserved & it’s magically delicious!