Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Straight Freak

65 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, wuskillzz said:

I wish they would some sort of squat test at combine

They do...it’s VJ and BJ...both are applicable to lower body power.

Rhe reason they do bench is to get some sort of metric on upper body strength.

There is a risk/reward to testing. You don’t do max testing on same day as all this other testing, and to to roll as many guys through as possible, it’s gotta be done in 1-2 days with no fatigue effect.

Trust me, the testing at combine is solid and validated.

Ive helped work and organize it for almost 8 years

Osiruz likes this

19 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Need an OL first 2 rounds. Thats it! 

I don't know about the first 2 rounds but we could use this beast in the first.

Geneaut likes this

Watched Cajuste's tape, he looks fantastic with an asterisk. He has those momentary lapses in his technique and will get burnt toast by speed rushers. Would make a great second round pick though.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

4 hours ago, atlbaby said:

I don't know about the first 2 rounds but we could use this beast in the first.

Movement before presnap = its a penalty!!

Lmao!! 

15 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Been saying for over a week everyone needs to forget Ed Oliver.   There is no chance he drops to #14 unless he gets caught with a dead girl or a live boy.

:lol:

On 1/27/2019 at 1:04 PM, wuskillzz said:

I wish they would some sort of squat test at combine

A true measure of strength!

wuskillzz likes this

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:24 PM, mattyicefalcon said:

We can still trade up you know...

We have a lot of holes to patch.  If we trade up, we better be right AND be able to fix the OL in FA.

Geneaut likes this

On 1/27/2019 at 4:14 PM, MD-FalconFan13 said:

This is why winning that last game hurts so much. It knocked us from 8 to 14. Ed Oliver with Jarrett would be a ridiculous combo, but winning week 17 pretty much took that from a long shot to a Steph curry-like 3 quarters court heave.

Yep this.  I ain't saying we try to lose, but bench M Ryan in week 17 and see what happens. 

On 1/27/2019 at 8:33 AM, AtlantaFanatic said:

The better he looks, the less likely he is to be available when we pick. 

Good, he's not the answer to our problems, he will create more when he's getting destroyed by bigger guys. Debo will be getting double teamed with this small fry manning our front

6 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Good, he's not the answer to our problems, he will create more when he's getting destroyed by bigger guys. Debo will be getting double teamed with this small fry manning our front

Im ok with passing him by. For me its O-line or bust in the first round. Im sure I'll end up disappointed. 

If Ed is gone at 14 then some other good player at a position of need will be available. There aren't just 13 great players in this draft.

TRUju2111 likes this

1 minute ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

Given his crazy athleticism, can Oliver slide out to Edge as well as playing DT?   Just curious. 

Yes he absolutely can. I've been saying this for months, as have several others here. 

Cole World and Schwarzwald like this

2 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Yes

1 minute ago, Artys Arryn said:

Yes he absolutely can. I've been saying this for months, as have several others here. 

If he can play inside and outside, and we pick up a big NT in the 2nd or 3rd our d-line would suddenly look pretty fantastic going into the season and for the next several years. 

Schwarzwald likes this

Just now, pa_falcon_fan said:

If he can play inside and outside, and we pick up a big NT in the 2nd or 3rd our d-line would suddenly look pretty fantastic going into the season and for the next several years. 

Albert Huggins is a guy I like late (4th or 5th). If we want to go higher, Khalen Saunders in the 3rd or Dexter Lawrence in the 2nd would be ideal. 

Schwarzwald likes this

Just now, pa_falcon_fan said:

Yep. But honestly we're going to have to trade up for him after today. That's if he doesn't go in the top 5 and we can convince a team to give us a shot at him. His pro day is going to send his hype through the roof. 

Schwarzwald likes this

Just now, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Yep. But honestly we're going to have to trade up for him after today. That's if he doesn't go in the top 5 and we can convince a team to give us a shot at him. His pro day is going to send his hype through the roof. 

Oliver at 14 was always a pipe dream. Just get the deal in place with Detroit now. 

5 hours ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

Given his crazy athleticism, can Oliver slide out to Edge as well as playing DT?   Just curious. 

As others have indicated, this guy could do more of the things Falcons tried some with Jarrett at end in some pass-rush packages.

Only, he should also be able to play 5T and some base DE. Making NT/1T reps at least split between 3 guys...maybe add a mid-round 1T so Grady and Oliver can be used different for our base D if we don’t believe in Senat year 2 or just want insurance.

Outside of base D he gives an insane amount of upside with Grady in pass-rush situations. 

Makes DEs jobs easier.

5 hours ago, Artys Arryn said:

Oliver at 14 was always a pipe dream. Just get the deal in place with Detroit now. 

I’d consider moving up with NYG at 6 if 5 guys are off the board :ninja:

Could just be the hype in me. Would likely then cost us our 2nd and our 4th rnd compensatory pick if we only got #6 and they took only picks from this draft.

Still would have 7 picks:

Oliver at 6

3rd rounder

4th rounder

Both 5th rounders 

6th

7th

This is becoming the Oliver Falcons. This is exactly how you make a fan base dislike a player. Listen, almost the whole front page is Ed Oliver. It’s exhausting. If he booms, great. If he comes here and gets 1-2 sacks the first year, I will hear only about Ed Oliver. 

I think it’s time for all threads to be consolidated.

@PK Manley

Black Francis likes this