Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Straight Freak

65 posts in this topic

He will have an explosive combine. Think he will lead DL in most categories. I even think he puts up 30 or more reps on the bench

46 minutes ago, Cole World said:

another player I wished would of stayed committed to playing in the Senior Bowl but didn't.

Those are some beast as beating numbers. Could be too heavy for our scheme, but I'd like to watch his games.

Cole World likes this

50 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

The better he looks, the less likely he is to be available when we pick. 

Yep, and a freak like that won't last until 14. After the combine his stock will rise.

CaliFalcons and g-dawg like this

20 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Those are some beast as beating numbers. Could be too heavy for our scheme, but I'd like to watch his games.

Looking at his highlights from his thread in the draft forum he looks like a LT/LG kind of player. 

Although his numbers suggest otherwise I don’t know if he can handle the strong side.

2 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Need an OL first 2 rounds. Thats it! 

You're right but I'm not sure thats the way itll play out

2 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

You're right but I'm not sure thats the way itll play out

Front office HAS to make it work ..if not, get them in F.A!  & make serious cuts on back end.

52 minutes ago, osiruz said:

With that kind of split time he could fit....if he cam move well and keep a low pad level then it does not really matter hoe heavy he is.

I would be interested in the 3 cone time

This is why winning that last game hurts so much. It knocked us from 8 to 14. Ed Oliver with Jarrett would be a ridiculous combo, but winning week 17 pretty much took that from a long shot to a Steph curry-like 3 quarters court heave.

1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

This is why winning that last game hurts so much. It knocked us from 8 to 14. Ed Oliver with Jarrett would be a ridiculous combo, but winning week 17 pretty much took that from a long shot to a Steph curry-like 3 quarters court heave.

We can still trade up you know...

5 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

The better he looks, the less likely he is to be available when we pick. 

It’s him playing closer to 275 lbs than 290 lbs that is causing him to drop.  I believe GM’s will overthink when it comes to Oliver and he may fall to us and past us

Edited by Falconsin2012
Stryka likes this

52 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s him playing closer to 275 lbs than 290 lbs that is causing him to drop.  I believe GM’s will overthink when it comes to Oliver and he may fall to us and past us

That's right. Usually when a "can't miss" prospect falls to us inexplicably, we usually pass on them too. Id be fine drafting Oliver I just don't think it'll happen. 

3 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

We can still trade up you know...

Yeah, but that would cost us draft capital when we would have been in position to get a player like Oliver without trading up. 

9 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

He will have an explosive combine. Think he will lead DL in most categories. I even think he puts up 30 or more reps on the bench

A Raider. More than likely. 

9 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

Yep, and a freak like that won't last until 14. After the combine his stock will rise.

Been saying for over a week everyone needs to forget Ed Oliver.   There is no chance he drops to #14 unless he gets caught with a dead girl or a live boy.

FalconinPA likes this

9 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Especially due to the rise of Aaron Donald.

Falcons would have to trade up. Could be worth it though.

Not a chance we are trading up in 1st rd this year.  Too many needs and too deep a draft at positions of need for Falcons.

Osiruz likes this

10 hours ago, osiruz said:

Theirs actually no such thing as being to heavy for a scheme.  It all depends how athletic you are and how you carry your weight.  If a 6'5 330 pound lineman can out perform and be more athletic than a 6'4 305 pound guy which i have seen numerous of times then you take that bigger stronger guy as long as his technique is just as good.   I'll put it this way top tier talent and technique can make up for a little bit less speed qhen all said and done no matter the size.   Theirs quite a few bad ***** in the nfl on other OL's that aren't exactly zone blocking scheme perfect fits or athletic as some of our guys we have but i bet they would make our OL way better just by being here and dominating the guy in front of them every single play lol.

atlbaby likes this

11 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Theirs actually no such thing as being to heavy for a scheme.  It all depends how athletic you are and how you carry your weight.  If a 6'5 330 pound lineman can out perform and be more athletic than a 6'4 305 pound guy which i have seen numerous of times then you take that bigger stronger guy as long as his technique is just as good.   I'll put it this way top tier talent and technique can make up for a little bit less speed qhen all said and done no matter the size.   Theirs quite a few bad ***** in the nfl on other OL's that aren't exactly zone blocking scheme perfect fits or athletic as some of our guys we have but i bet they would make our OL way better just by being here and dominating the guy in front of them every single play lol.

Those guys are very rare and it is very rare they can fit into an outside zbs. We can't have plodding lineman who aren't in game shape. They need to be able to move on almost every play. 

Lots of draft experts are projecting him as an LT in a power scheme;

//Yodney Cajuste projects favorably as a starting left tackle in a gap/power heavy running offense. Cajuste has some restrictions in his pass protection, working in a scheme that offers a lot of short sets and slide protections would be ideal for his physical skill set. Cajuste has the needed length and mobility to be an effective starter elsewhere, however. Teams needing an upgrade could feasibly start Cajuste as a rookie in 2019 but NFL speed will test him initially.//