lju713

Montrez Sweat will be the pick at 14

69 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2019 at 7:42 PM, lju713 said:

6'5 250lb and has quick hands,counter moves,and that bend all good pass rushers have. Miss State has been pumping out good defenders in the front 7, so I know he coached up. We need DT, but we can find a run stuffer in the 3rd or 4th.

Drafting Sweat gives us the option to trade Vic Beasley and get a pick. 12M is alot to pay him, we need to sign Grady Jarrett, and Sweat has that alpha dog mentality this D needs.

The problem is...if I were the other teams I wouldn't give 12M for Vic let alone additional draft pick(s).

lju713 likes this

Take a d tackle and see if grady, craw, and another beast can free up vic enough for him to shine. i think takk is good enough, and he'd benefit too.

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

Sweat will be a Raider or a Giant - well before Falcons pick #14.

I feel that this regime re-signed Beasley after Sweat's performance at Combine for a reason.

They knew.

lju713 likes this

maybe so. but at this point, someone we can benefit from will certainly be there. And if teams get dumb over these weak qbs, we may be able to trade down and still get real talent, and trade up again to double dip.

11 minutes ago, Rise said:

I feel that this regime re-signed Beasley after Sweat's performance at Combine for a reason.

They knew.

Uh when did we resign Beasley? 

DQ's ego has handcuffed us to that $13M, Vic isn't getting traded he's getting an extension, Probably gonna bring back Irvin after Julio's deal is done. Sweat is too much of a gamble he's a Vic Beasley 2.0

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

3 hours ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

DQ's ego has handcuffed us to that $13M, Vic isn't getting traded he's getting an extension, Probably gonna bring back Irvin after Julio's deal is done. Sweat is too much of a gamble he's a Vic Beasley 2.0

Looking at FA, Vic’s - year 12.8M seems like a decent deal. Guys not much better or no better got 14-18M over multiple years.

that said I think we draft a DE early and regardless of performance Beasley is likely gone either due to performance or cost if he has a killer season.

mtldirtybird likes this

3 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

get 2 talents between him and takk. see what happens. the big year that vic had was under freeney's wing.

all his sacks were on stunts and Clayborn eating up the blockers or QB spys. Need to go back to that instead of just straight rushing him against bigger RTs. The coaching staff really didn't play to his strengths. Also it's worth noting Beasley hasn't been the since he jammed his shoulder during the SB run. He came into the league with a torn labrum and finally got strong again and broke out, then reinjured it and hasn't been the same. No one talks about this.

6 hours ago, Rise said:

They knew.

True. I never looked at it that way. His combine pushed him into top 10 territory.

I actually prefer DE Jaylon {Jazz) Ferguson and we can get him in the 2nd round also.. Bad thing is most of the time when I pick out a great pick for the round,, they eventually slide up the board before the draft... But that's a good sign that I've pegged a good player...  And I think we will take best OL available in the first. 

Something just hit me,,, Most of the players I like best are in the 2nd round.. I think if I were running this draft.. i'd trade down and load up with picks,, In the 2nd round I'd take.... DE Jazz Ferguson,   OL Chris Lindstrom ,  and DT Quinnen Williams, and in that order,,,  plus save a lot of money in the process,, That's not the reason why I like these players.. I just think they are saver picks than a lot of the first rounders,,  If you have a first round pick bust,, WE loss a lot of $$$$$$$; but again,, I truly like these 3 a lot... I think they are save'st picks.. and great players.

It is possible that we would have to just trade down about 8 picks and be able to get Ferguson ,, we'd still have the other two picks for Chris and Williams in the 2nd round,, I try to be realistic .....

Hurry_Up_And_Buy likes this

Let me clarify something about my last post,,, I think since Ferguson will most likely rise up the board,, we can still get him if we just trade down about 5 to 8 picks in the first and still get the extra 2nd round which is likely what would happen in case this did happen. Realistic is what I shot for..

Y'all are dreaming if you think Beasley's going anywhere.  He's Quinn's pick and Quinn is just about the most stubborn coach in the NFL.

Well, the most stubborn RINGLESS coach in the NFL anyways. 

Vandy and RING OF HONOR like this

42 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Y'all are dreaming if you think Beasley's going anywhere.  He's Quinn's pick and Quinn is just about the most stubborn coach in the NFL.

Well, the most stubborn RINGLESS coach in the NFL anyways. 

Quinn is mart enough to know what he should and should not do.. That's why he is the HC and you are watching Him and his team play of Sundays...  Beasley is going to play a big part of having a total Team.. And this year he will have a big part of what will be a great team. Yeap,, I see us having a great season ,,, Once we nail another draft and get what few needs we have,,  I feel like we at least go deep into the playoffs..

2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I actually prefer DE Jaylon {Jazz) Ferguson and we can get him in the 2nd round also.. Bad thing is most of the time when I pick out a great pick for the round,, they eventually slide up the board before the draft... But that's a good sign that I've pegged a good player...  And I think we will take best OL available in the first. 

Something just hit me,,, Most of the players I like best are in the 2nd round.. I think if I were running this draft.. i'd trade down and load up with picks,, In the 2nd round I'd take.... DE Jazz Ferguson,   OL Chris Lindstrom ,  and DT Quinnen Williams, and in that order,,,  plus save a lot of money in the process,, That's not the reason why I like these players.. I just think they are saver picks than a lot of the first rounders,,  If you have a first round pick bust,, WE loss a lot of $$$$$$$; but again,, I truly like these 3 a lot... I think they are save'st picks.. and great players.

It is possible that we would have to just trade down about 8 picks and be able to get Ferguson ,, we'd still have the other two picks for Chris and Williams in the 2nd round,, I try to be realistic .....

Are you saying Quinnen Williams? Cause we'd need to trade up from 14 to be anywhere close to him

18 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Are you saying Quinnen Williams? Cause we'd need to trade up from 14 to be anywhere close to him

:)

1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Maybe just a dream,,, but with Quinn and TD at the wheel.. Better put your seat belts on !!! And a big bag of Popcorn !! :munch:

same guy. How many ppl praise one while hating on the other? “Lean, excellent jump off the ball, high energy” lol they even use the same adjectives to describe them. We already have Sweat on this team he wears #44