Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mashburn*Fibonacci

Patriot fan is shredding Aints

83 posts in this topic

Nothing but facts in the video. Aints had homefield advantage, majority of the calls (and non-calls) went their way, got the ball back first in OT and they CHOKED.

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

Saints coaching staff, players, and fans cared more about tormenting us in Atlanta than actually being in the Super Bowl.

And the very fact they not only got a taste of their own medicine with bogus calls, they may NEVER get an opportunity like that ever again. All that laughing they did during the season and now there at home with the rest of us. AMAZING :D

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes they are. And Brady has played in a lot of superb bowls. But people give him the credit for it. And I don’t think he’s the reason. The organization from top to bottom is top shelf. Kraft and Belichick has created a culture the NFL has never seen. Brady for the most part, has enjoyed the ride

I keep telling everyone this. Outside of our Super Bowl collapse, Tom Brady has given me no reason for me to hate him as a person. It's the Boston fans who I hate the most (Celtics, Patriots, Red Sox), they act like spoiled brats and will say awful things about their players until they perform at a high level. Boston has a secret system that's been going on for decades with all of their franchises. No way Kraft and Belichick are as successful in ANY other sports city across America. It's a Boston thing. Just like the whole Atlanta/Georgia problem with all the blown leads in big games when it matters most. 

25 minutes ago, ratesforless said:

Ding ding ding. Close the phone lines, we have ourselves a winner.

That's exactly the reason why they're so butthurt right now. Those folks would've been on the first bus, plane, car, motorcycle, or starship smoking down here had they won that game, along with their local media folks to rub salt into the wound. Other big rivals in the league (see Packers/Bears, Ravens/Steelers) don't have the unique dynamic of 1) having a large number of transients from its' rival reside in the other city and 2) worrying every few years about hosting a Super Bowl with its' archrivals playing in it because they don't get to host that game to begin (Dallas being the exception with Jerry World).

While it's one thing for them to have been gifted with a trophy and chanting that score ad nauseum, what they really wanted was that finishing maneuver, that one notch on the belt that can never be lived down. That was their logo splattered all over downtown Atlanta and on Falcon property in Flowery Branch. It was their fans preening and prancing up and down Peachtree Street for two weeks and goading anyone in the vicinity into a verbal or physical confrontation. If their team took the liberty to urinate in the middle of the Georgia Dome turf after a game, no telling how badly they would've trashed Falcon HQ and/or taken a billion pictures of them in it to share on social media. The Falcons could win the next three Lombardis after that and we still wouldn't have an answer for 'yeah, but we played for (or egads, won) a Super Bowl in your house!!'

That opportunity was swiped from under them like Lucy snatching the ball away before Charlie Brown tries to kick it. They know that such an opportunity to call 'scoreboard' on this feud is gone and our team is one great season away from pulling even in the championship department. That's where all of the vitriol, piss, and vinegar from them is coming from...

Every. Single. Bit. Of. This.

I celebrated that 57-yard kick almost the same way I celebrated our OWN NFC Championship win.

The friends I was with were like, "Man, you like the Rams that much?!?"

No, friends. No. I just hate the Saints that much.

We never would have lived down even them marching into Atlanta (and certainly never would have lived down, as you say, them winning it). 

I have definitely felt much more JOY in my sports fan life than that 57-yard kick. From my own team. But never ever EVER have I felt such RELIEF as a sports fan as when that thing went through.

And that flooding sense of relief is mirrored in the Saints' fans - it's just that for them, it's coming out in spluttering rage. They had their chance to get the "mic drop" on this rivalry. That chance is gone.

Turns out the football gods have a small dram of mercy for Atlanta after all.

2 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

This guy is spitting fire and facts. I didn't realize how bad that interception that Brees threw actually was. I was too busy celebrating. That thing was high and wobbling. It also looked like a punt that could have been a fair caught.

To be fair a guy was draped all over him and his arm was hit

17 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Yep, so many NFL fanbases outside of our division don't understand how much this rivalry means to us. They're like "Falcons fans, why are you so anti-Saints or anti-Brees ****?" and I get so upset when fans outside of our division ask us this question. I mean, for the Saints guy to allow billboards all over Atlanta saying (Saint's got robbed!!!) with their logos all over just goes to show you how badly they wanted to rub it in our faces. Putting billboards up and crying like a baby is all you can do now. The Saints fans reaction to this Rams loss only makes them look more stupider and makes things feel sweeter, and it makes me hate them even more too. They are acting like butt hurt Cowboys fans to the 10th power. They've become more irritating than Cowboys fans at this point. Even after the Dez Bryant no catch in Green Bay 4 years ago (which was the FINAL possession unlike the Saints who still took a 23-20 lead after the missed PI call), the Cowboys fans just moved on from it quickly. 

Could you imagine what those billboards would've looked like had they won? You know that he was going to have a field day, not to mention the free publicity he would've gotten from the national media, who would've eaten that up like a fat person in front of a buffet line...

9 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I celebrated that 57-yard kick almost the same way I celebrated our OWN NFC Championship win.

We never would have lived down even them marching into Atlanta (and certainly never would have lived down, as you say, them winning it). 

I have definitely felt much more JOY in my sports fan life than that 57-yard kick. From my own team. But never ever EVER have I felt such RELIEF as a sports fan as when that thing went through.

And that flooding sense of relief is mirrored in the Saints' fans - it's just that for them, it's coming out in spluttering rage. They had their chance to get the "mic drop" on this rivalry. That chance is gone.

Turns out the football gods have a small dram of mercy for Atlanta after all.

I definitely let out a loud "WOOOOO" after that kick.  Felt the same as a Falcons W :D

JDaveG and ratesforless like this

Just now, falconsfan84 said:

I definitely let out a loud "WOOOOO" after that kick.  Felt the same as a Falcons W :D

Two years in a row, the Rams have factored in my best playoff memory. I somehow happened to be in LA the night of our game last year (had been booked to be in the city on that day for months, long before the playoff seeding became clear) and of course had to get tickets. And then this.

They've quickly become my second favorite NFC team. :lol:

JDaveG and ratesforless like this

Just now, ratesforless said:

Could you imagine what those billboards would've looked like had they won? You know that he was going to have a field day, not to mention the free publicity he would've gotten from the national media, who would've eaten that up like a fat person in front of a buffet line...

and who the **** came up with this cringey *** video! THIS is who almost came to Atlanta! I get fear chills down my spine watching this video knowing that they almost came in our city like cockroaches.... makes me not want to go back in time at all, PHEW (sweating like s**t). My EARS BLEEDS My EYES BURN!

15 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Turns out the football gods have some mercy left in them for Atlanta after all.

Exactly.   I was so depressed when the 43 yard catch was made.   I was furious with Joyner - and my heart was crushed.   Absolutely no reason that ball should have been caught.   

I just knew they would run the clock down - kick it and the game would be over.    Then they threw the missed catch.   I was like - what?   Then the time out - I perked up a little.   Then Kamara.    

Then - THE play.

Then the Rams had it back -and I was thrilled - get a touchdown - I was nervous - and excited - and felt like I was rooting for the Falcons - it was insane.    Then they started acting like the Falcons for a minute and I was like - ****!   But they did tie it.   

Then the Saints got the ball in OT - and my heart sunk again - and all I could think about was the SB - and I thought - it's over - and I almost turned it off - but I didn't.

Then the interception.   I started squealing.

Then the kick.   I was running around the house - screaming - jumping all over.    The only NFL Football team to ever make me do that in the past wore Red and Black - but there I was - jumping up and down - running all over the house screaming like a kid!

It was amazing.   It was merciful.  

I did not celebrate the same way as the NFCC the Falcons won - because I cried like a baby both times before - cried hard and was in a state of shock both times.   But the screaming and jumping was the same.

3 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

The thing about Katrina is dead on. Aints dog georgia more than say thank you.  

Edit: ever wondered if the tables were turned, if New Orleans would open their doors and leave football out of it, like we did? 

Would we want their help??  Louisiana once had a governor’s race between a convicted criminal and a Klansman. . .

I’d keep walking until I reached the Texas state line

1 minute ago, Tandy said:

Exactly.   I was so depressed when the 43 yard catch was made.   I was furious with Joyner - and my heart was crushed.   Absolutely no reason that ball should have been caught.   

I just knew they would run the clock down - kick it and the game would be over.    Then they threw the missed catch.   I was like - what?   Then the time out - I perked up a little.   Then Kamara.    

The - THE play.

Then the Rams had it back -and I was thrilled - get a touchdown - I was nervous - and excited - and felt like I was rooting for the Falcons - it was insane.    Then they started acting like the Falcons for a minute and I was like - ****!   But they did tie it.   

Then the Saints got the ball in OT - and my heart sunk again - and all I could think about was the SB - and I thought - it's over - and I almost turned it off - but I didn't.

Then the kick.   I was running around the house - screaming - jumping all over.    The only NFL Football team to ever make me do that in the past wore Red and Black - but there I was - jumping up and down - running all over the house screaming like a kid!

I know this sounds a little insane ...... but this restored my faith in the Falcons winning a Super Bowl. Maybe even soon.

After Joyner missed that EASILY DEFENDABLE BALL, what went through my head was, "The universe actually hates the Falcons." Even after 28-3, I didn't feel that as intensely. We just screwed ourselves there. 

But the indignity of this - of the Saints possibly winning it all in OUR house only two years removed from that utter heartbreak. It truly felt like a curse when that 43-yarder was caught. 

But the Rams somehow pulled it out.

The universe had some mercy. (Some beautiful, poetic, Saints-fan-destroying mercy.)

And now I still feel like we have a fighting chance.

:lol:

9 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I did not celebrate the same way as the NFCC the Falcons won - because I cried like a baby both times before - cried hard and was in a state of shock both times.   But the screaming and jumping was the same.

My family and I were at a restaurant with a lot of other family, and we sat at a huge table and there were huge TV's all around us playing the NFC championship game. When Goff threw the interception before the Saints took a 13-0 lead my dad slammed on the table and water spilled all over my pants. We were all rooting hard against the Saints and hoping the Rams would pull it out. We saw the fake punt the Rams did down 13-0 and we left the restaurant when it the Saints were up 20-10. We listened to the rest of the game on the radio on our way back down south.

Right when we got home in our driveway the Rams kicked the 57 yard field goal and we were all screaming loud with so much relief inside of us. It's that feeling when you survived a near death experience or something. In my years of watching my favorite teams whether it's the Dawgs, Falcons, Braves, etc. I had never been so ANTI against a team in my entire life. There had never been a loss more important than the Saints to the Rams. I have my hated teams in college football and hated rivals who have won national titles, but the Saints fan base tormenting us in Atlanta and winning the Super Bowl down here would have killed the legacy of Atlanta sports forever.

The Saints getting their 2nd world championship in Atlanta after we blew a 25 point lead 2 years ago, there would be nothing our Falcons fanbase could say for eternity. It would be like the Saints woman tormenting a Falcons man in her voodoo **** for eternity, giving you excruciating pain on your skin and bones that would never go away the rest of your life. Okay, maybe I'm being too dramatic... NOPE, the magnitude was too high. This was the greatest loss in Atlanta sports history, or maybe even Georgia sports history in the last half a century. 

6 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Then - THE play.

It got to the point where my wife and I didn't watch the game because we both feared the worst. We checked on the score but stayed away from changing the channel. When we finally turned to the game, it was right after the no-call and we were figuring that something good might have happened. 

And yes, when the Rams got the ball down three, you would've sworn that he had on a Falcons jersey with 'Ryan' on the back in my house. I was so hurt when Goff missed that pass over the middle on 3rd down because the receiver would've likely scored on that. 

And you weren't the only one thinking of the ending to that game when the Saints won the coin toss. This was double after they were gifted with a DPI to set them up on 1st down. What happened afterwards, well, you would've also thought that the Falcons won the NFC. We were so relieved to see the Falcons...err...Rams pull it off, with a FG to end it in the same manner Morton Anderson did in the Metrodome. It was almost 20 years to the date. 

Safe to say, LOTS of fun activities that ends with 'ing' took place shortly afterwards in celebration...

5 minutes ago, ratesforless said:

It got to the point where my wife and I didn't watch the game because we both feared the worst. We checked on the score but stayed away from changing the channel. When we finally turned to the game, it was right after the no-call and we were figuring that something good might have happened. 

And yes, when the Rams got the ball down three, you would've sworn that he had on a Falcons jersey with 'Ryan' on the back in my house. I was so hurt when Goff missed that pass over the middle on 3rd down because the receiver would've likely scored on that. 

And you weren't the only one thinking of the ending to that game when the Saints won the coin toss. This was double after they were gifted with a DPI to set them up on 1st down. What happened afterwards, well, you would've also thought that the Falcons won the NFC. We were so relieved to see the Falcons...err...Rams pull it off, with a FG to end it in the same manner Morton Anderson did in the Metrodome. It was almost 20 years to the date. 

Safe to say, LOTS of fun activities that ends with 'ing' took place shortly afterwards in celebration...

I was sitting in Minnesota on that day - and that is EXACTLY what I thought of.  The Saints with their entitlement - the way they were so sure they were going.   Everyone was so sure they were going - it was so exactly the same.   Coming down to the kicker.

It's worth posting again, because it makes me smile:

2019 draft picks

• Round 1: None
  • Round 2: New Orleans
  • Round 3: None
  • Round 4: None
  • Round 5: New Orleans
  • Round 6: New Orleans, N.Y. Jets
  • Round 7: New Orleans, Cleveland

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

*deep breath*

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

1 hour ago, ratesforless said:

Ding ding ding. Close the phone lines, we have ourselves a winner.

That's exactly the reason why they're so butthurt right now. Those folks would've been on the first bus, plane, car, motorcycle, or starship smoking down here had they won that game, along with their local media folks to rub salt into the wound. Other big rivalries in the league (see Packers/Bears, Ravens/Steelers) don't have the unique dynamic of 1) having a large number of transients from its' rival reside in their towns and 2) worrying every few years about hosting a Super Bowl with its' archrivals playing in it because they don't get to host that game to begin with (Dallas being the exception with Jerry World).

While it's one thing for them to have been gifted with a trophy and chanting that score ad nauseum, what they really wanted was that finishing maneuver, that one notch on the belt that can never be lived down. That was their logo splattered all over downtown Atlanta and on Falcon property in Flowery Branch. It was their fans preening and prancing up and down Peachtree Street for two weeks and goading anyone in the vicinity into a verbal or physical confrontation. If their team took the liberty to urinate in the middle of the Georgia Dome turf after a game, no telling how badly they would've trashed Falcon HQ and/or taken a billion pictures of them in it to share on social media. The Falcons could win the next three Lombardis after that and we still wouldn't have an answer for 'yeah, but we played for (or egads, won) a Super Bowl in your house!!'

That opportunity was swiped from under them like Lucy snatching the ball away before Charlie Brown tries to kick it. They know that such an opportunity to call 'scoreboard' on this feud is gone and our team is one great season away from pulling even in the championship department. That's where all of the vitriol, piss, and vinegar from them is coming from...

I believe this to be the true reason

52 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

winning the Super Bowl down here would have killed the legacy of Atlanta sports forever.

I talked about this with my wife leading up to the game. I told her if the league is really rigged, Blank gotta call in a favor cause them getting in(let alone winning) would kill his franchise. With a new stadium, he can't afford that.

mqg96 likes this

3 hours ago, mqg96 said:

It's getting to a point where I believe the Saints coaching staff, players, and fans cared more about tormenting us in Atlanta than actually being in the Super Bowl. They know they can never have this back because next season the Super Bowl is in Miami and the next time the Super Bowl is in Atlanta what are the chances a completely different era of the Saints are back in this position?

I find it all too funny, they couldn't wait to get to the Super Bowl to torment us. They had there own torment waiting for them in the NFC Championship game. LMFAO

ratesforless and mqg96 like this

1 hour ago, FalconinPA said:

I believe this to be the true reason

Summed up as fear.

"I want to still matter"...meanwhile, they are at the end of their road with Brees. Falcons been on the upswing and have more opportunities moving forward.

They lose leverage and it's also why 28-3 matters to them. We ever win a SB their whole world would be shattered. Until then, they legitimately believe they are better. Who knows, maybe they get closer to .500 in the all-time series and keep limping on their Bountygate SB trophy?:shrug:

League helped them win a trophy. At best, they deliberately tried to hurt defenseless players; specifically the QB, and dangled extra cash for their players. After it was uncovered, they should be thankful to have not lost the trophy.

Meanwhile, if Favre doesn't make a terrible decision at the end of regulation; although hurt, the Saints may not have even made it. Even with their no morals ground.

They have no legitimate complaint that would change the outcome of the game vs the Rams. The Rams ALSO had no calls that were CRITICAL to their scoring being limited.

Who won in spite of the bad no-calls on both sides?

Rams.

Who was gifted bad calls etc in their NFCCG vs the Vikings?

Saints. Now THAT was an unevenly called game. 

Big facts. Stay tainted Aints. :)

:tiphat::munch:

Edited by Ergo Proxy

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Summed up as fear.

"I want to still matter"...meanwhile, they are at the end of their road with Brees. Falcons been on the upswing and have more opportunities moving forward.

They lose leverage and it's also why 28-3 matters to them. We ever win a SB their whole world would be shattered. Until then, they legitimately believe they are better.

Good post. We ever win a super bowl and they will freak out worse than this last game. 

Schwarzwald and ratesforless like this

2 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

Good post. We ever win a super bowl and they will freak out worse than this last game. 

Exactly, they've been entitled too long and think of themselves as NE-lite or something.

It's one thing to troll on the internet but their entire organization and fanbase went out of their way to spam 28-3 because of what it meant TO THEM. Trolling and giving choke signs during our first game vs them after SB51 with the infamous Payton choke gesture to Freeman.

Just a weak bully. That's all Payton is. His attacking Koetter was ridiculous. I hope DQ and Dirk team up to smash that team for the next several years; as a bonus to SB runs.

They care more about being relevant than actually their own success because they take it for granted since SB fever has them drunk.

Deep down some of them know they cheated their way to a SB. Others still think Sean Payton's ban wasn't warranted or don't think Bountygate ever happened.

People are funny. :)

PS: I changed my last post whoops.

5 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Doesn’t matter, I thought Brady was the clutchiest slice of pie that athletes had ever seen. He’s the most overrated player I’ve ever seen. Yes I’m salty lol

But.... Brady has a great O line. Take that away and he’d get killed and stats would drop. That dude had 5 secs to drop back many plays.  Probably 4 on average. Most QB’s are lucky to have 3.

Schwarzwald likes this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Exactly, they've been entitled too long and think of themselves as NE-lite or something.

It's one thing to troll on the internet but their entire organization and fanbase went out of their way to spam 28-3 because of what it meant TO THEM. Trolling and giving choke signs during our first game vs them after SB51 with the infamous Payton choke gesture to Freeman.

Just a weak bully. That's all Payton is. His attacking Koetter was ridiculous. I hope DQ and Dirk team up to smash that team for the next several years; as a bonus to SB runs.

They care more about being relevant than actually their own success because they take it for granted since SB fever has them drunk.

Deep down some of them know they cheated their way to a SB. Others still think Sean Payton's ban wasn't warranted or don't think Bountygate ever happened.

People are funny. :)

PS: I changed my last post whoops.

I forgot about this incident. I really don't like Payton, he is a pompous *******. I have to say that fan base is a bunch of rabid delusional idiots. Well hopefully all of this drama surrounding them will  send them back to a date with the paper bags, 

mqg96, HASHBROWN3 and Schwarzwald like this