Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monolith2001

Senior Bowl: OL vs DL

37 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I like him but the Clemson game was not the tape that shows what he can do.  Wilkins seemed to get the better of him on a number of plays but he's very active and athletic enough to recover.

Clemson Dline is stacked with talent, I wouldn't hold one game against him.

Monolith2001 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xyfiel said:

Ovie was part of Koetter's game plan?

2011 Detroit game: Ovie injured by Delmas, out for year

2012

Koetter becomes OC

Draft Ewing

TC/PS Ovie released( I recall Ovie being happy he had a rookie FB to carry his pads)

Ovie signs with other team

Ewing goes out for the year

We get Cox

Going off memory here but I am sure that is what happened.  I know our ypc went down after the injury.  Ovie never played a regular season game with Koetter.

All I knew was that Ovie was a major part of the offensive gameplan  when he was a Falcon. There's been so many OC's I can't quite remember who was around during what time period.

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Lindstrom fits the Falcons scheme tbh and his pass blocking leaves a bit to be desired. I think if the Falcons go guard in the 2nd, Erik McCoy is the guy. Would play guard and take over at centre when Mack eventually leaves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what you be seen the last 2 days.

Oline G Lindstroms the guy,C Elgton Jenkins stout as **** haven’t seen him lose a rep.

Dline Inside Khalen Saunders has been feasting and Daylon Mack’s power is a sight to behold he absolutely mashed Cs I saw.Gaines is another one sneaky good not as dynamic or powerful as the above mentioned but seemed to get there alot.

Hybrid guy LJ Collier this kid has a big motor and has power as he’s the only guy that really got Lindstrom in the drills.Back to back reps Lindstrom got him on the first one because Collier slipped but Collier came back and straight bull rushed Lindstrom to win the second rep.Very competitive like him as he’s been beating olineman up the last 2 days.

Mods maybe we should merge this thread with mine as I’ve basically posted the same thread up in draft and fa but did it a few days ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

From what you be seen the last 2 days.

Oline G Lindstroms the guy,C Elgton Jenkins stout as **** haven’t seen him lose a rep.

Dline Inside Khalen Saunders has been feasting and Daylon Mack’s power is a sight to behold he absolutely mashed Cs I saw.Gaines is another one sneaky good not as dynamic or powerful as the above mentioned but seemed to get there alot.

Hybrid guy LJ Collier this kid has a big motor and has power as he’s the only guy that really got Lindstrom in the drills.Back to back reps Lindstrom got him on the first one because Collier slipped but Collier came back and straight bull rushed Lindstrom to win the second rep.Very competitive like him as he’s been beating olineman up the last 2 days.

Mods maybe we should merge this thread with mine as I’ve basically posted the same thread up in draft and fa but did it a few days ago.

 

Mods? heck is there more than 1 active daily lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

I don't think Lindstrom fits the Falcons scheme tbh and his pass blocking leaves a bit to be desired. I think if the Falcons go guard in the 2nd, Erik McCoy is the guy. Would play guard and take over at centre when Mack eventually leaves.

McCoy has shoddy footwork.Thats his down fall and he’s susceptible to rip moves because of it and it showed out in some of those reps he took.Hes physical but I think Jenkins is the guy if your looking at a replacement for Mack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kiwifalcon said:

McCoy has shoddy footwork.Thats his down fall and he’s susceptible to rip moves because of it and it showed out in some of those reps he took.Hes physical but I think Jenkins is the guy if your looking at a replacement for Mack.

Perhaps in run blocking. I don't have a single issue with his pass-blocking footwork. Not that I've focussed on it much. He just has great hand usage and usually sticks to rushers and anchors well in pass pro. Super athletic, fits the zone scheme well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falcanuck said:

Perhaps in run blocking. I don't have a single issue with his pass-blocking footwork. Not that I've focussed on it much. He just has great hand usage and usually sticks to rushers and anchors well in pass pro. Super athletic, fits the zone scheme well.

I actually like the idea how he comes out of his stance and delivers the blow first I like that.But if the opposite happens and he gets beaten to the punch he loses because he doesn’t adjust his feet and he then gets off balance and the reps over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also really like BJ Autry. Shame he doesn't really fit the Falcons' scheme. I can see him becoming a dominant NFL pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0