Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monolith2001

Senior Bowl: OL vs DL

37 posts in this topic

While TAFT has been the SaintsReport since Sunday, I thought I'd help get us back to worrying about our own problems.  Voch Lombardi has some good looks art a lot of players we'd be interested in having on this team.   Not a lot of reps shown so this is just an appetizer and you'll need to check out vs film but some guys stood out in the one on ones.  Saunders, our back-flipping FCS 320-lb DT looks powerful (and I still like him on day 3).  Sweat had a good rep.  There's Chris Lindstrom from BC had two really solid reps and I plan on seeing if I can track down more film on him.  Anyways, watch for yourself if you're into watching this stuff like I am.

Edited by Monolith2001

22 minutes ago, The Great American said:

While I appreciate the Senior Bowl coverage, you just posted over an hour of video coverage.  Who's got time for that?  

Probably people who have an hour to spare that are interested in it. You know, like the same people who have 3 hours to spare on a Sunday to watch a game. 

41 minutes ago, The Great American said:

While I appreciate the Senior Bowl coverage, you just posted over an hour of video coverage.  Who's got time for that?  

Yeah I'm not managing anyone's time.  I enjoy looking at film and sometimes coming to speak on it here.  People are welcome to take the word of analyst or make stuff up if they like.  @ya_boi_j just recently was calling folks out for posting about guys without knowledge.  I agree with him and you get that knowledge by taking the time to learn.  This post is for those people who want to look at prospects and see if they want to take a deeper dive.

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Not OL or DL but I wanted to see who was playing Fullback. Pretty sure that's going to become a relevant position again

Fullback?  Hmmm.  I see a young, cheap Paulsen replacement.  I'll check out some more film on him.

ya_boi_j, Osiruz and Geneaut like this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Unless his philosophies have changed, wasn't Ovie a major part of the gameplan during Dirk's first run?

Fullback, H-Back, TE...I watched a few condensed WVU games and boy do I like where you're going.  I'm in...hope DQ and team are too. Excellent blocker and looks super consistent.  The fact that he has hands is a bonus.

ya_boi_j and Stryka like this

Not OL or DL but I wanted to see who was playing Fullback. Pretty sure that's going to become a relevant position again

Man, I hope so!

Lowndesfalc and ya_boi_j like this

9 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Fullback, H-Back, TE...I watched a few condensed WVU games and boy do I like where you're going.  I'm in...hope DQ and team are too. Excellent blocker and looks super consistent.  The fact that he has hands is a bonus.

Wesco is also a pretty solid route runner. He would be a great choice. If we do go pure fullback, I like the Pitt guy. 

22 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I was trying to find some footage at the FB playing for the North but they only had touchdown runs from him. Not necessarily what I was looking for

Unless his philosophies have changed, wasn't Ovie a major part of the gameplan during Dirk's first run?

Snelling was also. In 2012 I think Snelling was on the field for over 20% of the snaps. Mike Cox and Lousake Polite the other FBs got another 20% between them. Snelling had about 50 touches also.

In contrast Ortiz was in on 13% last year of our snaps last year.

Edited by Geneaut
ya_boi_j likes this

2 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

Yeah I'm not managing anyone's time.  I enjoy looking at film and sometimes coming to speak on it here.  People are welcome to take the word of analyst or make stuff up if they like.  @ya_boi_j just recently was calling folks out for posting about guys without knowledge.  I agree with him and you get that knowledge by taking the time to learn.  This post is for those people who want to look at prospects and see if they want to take a deeper dive.

I was hoping you wouldn't take it the wrong way.  I really do appreciate you posting this!!  

1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Lol....you do know you're not obligated to watch it all in one sitting right....

I know.  Thusday is my busiest day at work.  I love these kind of videos (minus the gosh awful music).   

RING OF HONOR likes this

1 minute ago, The Great American said:

I was hoping you wouldn't take it the wrong way.  I really do appreciate you posting this!!  

You good.  Like all written communications you lose the emotion.  This place is entertainment for me and I do not take it that seriously.  People can do whatever they want, I post for those who may be like-minded and occasionally will mix it up when interesting issues are post and there are debatable points.  I don't agree with everyone here but I respect everyone's voice.  I'm not special...just a dude who likes football, the Falcons and posting here.

Just now, Monolith2001 said:

You good.  Like all written communications you lose the emotion.  This place is entertainment for me and I do not take it that seriously.  People can do whatever they want, I post for those who may be like-minded and occasionally will mix it up when interesting issues are post and there are debatable points.  I don't agree with everyone here but I respect everyone's voice.  I'm not special...just a dude who likes football, the Falcons and posting here.

You da man!!  I guess I was somewhat frustrated for not having more time to invest in this.  

RING OF HONOR and Monolith2001 like this

21 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Snelling was also. In 2012 I think Snelling was on the field for over 20% of the snaps. Mike Cox and Lousake Polite the other FBs got another 20% between them. Snelling had about 50 touches also.

In contrast Ortiz was in on 13% last year of our snaps last year.

forgot about Snells

Geneaut likes this

Ovie was part of Koetter's game plan?

2011 Detroit game: Ovie injured by Delmas, out for year

Koetter becomes OC

Draft Ewing

TC/PS Ovie released( I recall Ovie being happy he had a rookie FB to carry his pads)

Ovie signs with other team

Ewing goes out for the year

We get Cox

Going off memory here but I am sure that is what happened.  I know our ypc went down after the injury.  Ovie never played a regular season game with Koetter.

52 minutes ago, osiruz said:

My dude Lindstrom pancaking people. That better be our 2nd round pick.

I like him but the Clemson game was not the tape that shows what he can do.  Wilkins seemed to get the better of him on a number of plays but he's very active and athletic enough to recover.