Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Warningx13

The entirely forgotten, but still the best RB in this class

4 posts in this topic

Ok, maybe "best" is speculative but considering how his backup has taken over the division there isnt any reason to think he wouldn't be the highest rated RB in the draft this year had he not changed positions. 

I'm speaking of course of Jalen Hurd. The former star HB from UT that made Alvin Kamara the steal that he is. I mean sure he transferred to Baylor and switched to WR but since when does the NFL allow you to dictate what position you play?

I mean consider it for a moment. Freeman is injury prone these days. Coleman is going to walk and the team doesnt have really anything to be found in terms of a power runner. Not only that but he did in fact red shirt and transition to WR for a year so you know he can run any route required of him.

He has all of the tools to be a feature back in the league for years to come. Sure he fancys himself a WR but forget that noise.

I went back and watched a highlight video from this season and Baylor still used him as their power/goal line back and he looked pretty good as a WR. Definitely wouldnt categorize him as anything we have seen before at that size with his ability to run routes and catch with his hands and runs after the catch like a RB and not a WR. I'd like to move him to TE and have him run more often then at Baylor and if the need presents itself in the middle of the season switch him to RB.

Edited by Warningx13

I like him a lot, but definitely not as "the guy." As a weapon, he's incredibly dangerous. The kind of guy an innovative offensive mind would love.

If we're losing Teco, he'd be a really interesting dude to bring in.

I agree in the sense that he had to of dropped some weight to play WR and I wouldnt necessarily want him to put it all back on but I dont see him developing into a pro bowl WR (not consistently anyway he could make a couple theoretically) but I could definitely see him being the next big time TE as well as a change of pace/goal line back. Not a 3 down guy or anything but comparable to the situation in new Orleans.

He could line up at TE and motion into the backfield, he could be the beneficiary to the shovel pass Ryan and Koetter used to be so found of, he could split out wide like Jimmy Graham used to do in NO and just line up behind Ryan as the tail back. 

I didnt honestly think about the advantages of drafting him until last night but now I REALLY want to see the people in charge prioritize getting him in an Atlanta uniform.