Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Will Dan Quinn be our defensive coordinator for multiple seasons if the defense plays well in 2019?

58 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2019 at 6:14 PM, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

At this point, I don’t see him giving it up for the foreseeable future. 

I don't either. If he does eventually, I think he would take someone under his wing for a few seasons to learn and once he's confident they know what to do he'd turn it over. 

5 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I find it interesting that Kubiak is just an advisor on the Vikings not an offensive coordinator. Maybe he never wanted to be an offensive coordinator again.

Rumor is Vikings went hard on Koetter too.  Maybe they also knew Kubiak wasn’t interested in being a fulltime OC.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Jeff Ulbrich.  Dude looks like he will eat your children...also done a nice job with our linebackers

n69s1g61kvnbbpzchue0.jpg

Hmmmm......Duke Riley’s sure kicking some major arse......:ninja::ninja:

(sorry bro, but you threw me a softball on that one.....:rolleyes:......actually, Ulbrich has been my fav coach under The Quinn Administration)  

FalconsIn2020 and Godzilla1985 like this

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Hmmmm......Duke Riley’s sure kicking some major arse......:ninja::ninja:

(sorry bro, but you threw me a softball on that one.....:rolleyes:......actually, Ulbrich has been my fav coach under The Quinn Administration)  

LOL...I knew that would be incoming.  I got nothing.  No retort.  All I can say is he didn’t ask for him and probably wants to pull his curly dyed hair out from the roots. But he got Foye going and was great last year with Debo & Campbell

But seriously, doesn’t JU look mean?

Edited by Falconsin2012
Vandy likes this

Don't care about 2020... the singular focus is 2019 that is it..... because if 2019 does not go well he won't be here.

That's why I have a feeling we are going to be very aggressive in the offseason

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

25 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

LOL...I knew that would be incoming.  I got nothing.  No retort.  All I can say is he didn’t ask for him and probably wants to pull his curly dyed hair out from the roots. But he got Foye going and was great last year with Debo & Campbell

But seriously, doesn’t JU look mean?

LOL, He does. I sure wouldn’t mess with him.

If I remember right he was a decent player to have around....very Paul Worrilow-like......

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Just now, Vandy said:

LOL, He does. I sure wouldn’t mess with him.

If I remember right he was a decent player to have around....very Paul Worrilow-like......

I thought he played in Atlanta for a bit.  Could be wrong

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I thought he played in Atlanta for a bit.  Could be wrong

I don't remember him....i remember Mora trying to get him because he coached him with the niners

FalconsIn2020 likes this

I dont see why he wouldnt be the DC while he is a Falcon.... Just like choke Peyton calls the saints offensive plays and like mcvay also...

Again thats why it was key for Coach Quinn to find somebody with Head coaching type skillsset to be the OC because they will fully be in charge of the OC.

He has Dirk,Knapp, and Mularkey on Offense with Matt Ryan.... So he can focus on straight D and HC things on game day

Falcons Fan MVP and falconsd56 like this

13 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I dont see why he wouldnt be the DC while he is a Falcon.... Just like choke Peyton calls the saints offensive plays and like mcvay also...

Again thats why it was key for Coach Quinn to find somebody with Head coaching type skillsset to be the OC because they will fully be in charge of the OC.

He has Dirk,Knapp, and Mularkey on Offense with Matt Ryan.... So he can focus on straight D and HC things on game day

Sounds like a recipe for success.

Flying Falcon likes this

12 hours ago, Vandy said:

He was Mora’s DC at UCLA.

That’s right.  I completely forgot.  I’m pretty sure he is the reason Roquan Smith decommited from UCLA and went to UGA.  Appreciate ya Jeff!!

Vandy likes this

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:16 PM, jlrfalcon said:

I just really wonder if offensive players are going to feel they are being neglected in the future - to be an effective DC, he really needs to concentrate his time and energy on the defensive side.

Will younger players, especially, on offense feel like the HC never talks about them or never thinks about ways to improve their play?  Would Koetter be able to replace this lack of attention and make sure both sides are OK?  Is our offense so veteran now that it does not even need that much attention?

Quinn has shown he was able to do it before with Shanahan as the OC but a whole season will be a greater time frame and will hopefully not show in him being tired out by the playoffs.

Why would the offense feel neglected

On 1/25/2019 at 10:29 PM, atljbo said:

Bob Sutton as a time management coach should help also.

Chaz and Flying Falcon like this

Posted (edited)

On 1/24/2019 at 8:17 AM, rings639 said:

Last three teams he has called the defense for have gone to the SB, can’t wait.

Sorry I missed the mention of this above!!!!This for sure, and not much has been said about it but him having a time manager coach will take a lot off him. When the pressure is on, simple things missed become huge.

Edited by Chaz
Falcons Fan MVP likes this

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

Quinn will be here another two seasons at least regardless of this year's result.

I would give Quinn another 2 years at least 

octoslash likes this

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:27 PM, RING OF HONOR said:

If it's a success....he wouldn't be able to give it up....if it fails...he won't be here anyway..:ninja:

Respect, I really think he sets himself up for failure with how bad line has got run over, albeit is already his line as head

Flying Falcon likes this

On 1/23/2019 at 7:56 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

How long do you guys think Dan Quinn will most likely be the defensive coordinator for the Falcons if the defense plays well in 2019? I actually think that Dan Quinn being our defensive coordinator increases our chances of winning a Superbowl. Is this most likely just a one year thing? Or a 2-3 years or possibly more thing? And are you guys excited about Dan Quinn being the defensive coordinator?

Image result for dan quinn

I know he's excited.  

Flying Falcon likes this