Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falconsin2012

FA Target - Trent Brown: RT

116 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I can name a couple of lineman that came in and gave there team promising play ...

From James Daniels to Hernandez to Nelson .... 

Ppl bring up the saints OLine... Well the saints has drafted Guard Peat in 2015 and 2017 (where they was a fluke play from the NFC Championship game) Ramczyk .. Both starting

You can't be afraid to play your your young guys.. In the Salary Cap world you need those young guys to step up and play

Hernandez actually sucked for most of the year....i know he sucked vs us.....our defensive line man handled him.

Rookie linemen stuggle.... there are exceptions to this rule but the majority of Rookie linemen are not very good.

And it's not really their fault... The way the college game is now it sets linemen up to fail at first at the nfl level.

6 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

I am never sure about any Pats player once they leave Bill's system.

How has Nate Solder done since leaving?

He was a top-10 RT in SF

34 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Hernandez actually sucked for most of the year....i know he sucked vs us.....our defensive line man handled him.

Rookie linemen stuggle.... there are exceptions to this rule but the majority of Rookie linemen are not very good.

And it's not really their fault... The way the college game is now it sets linemen up to fail at first at the nfl level.

Naw he had a promising year... Grady gave him trouble ..ate his luck.. but I've heard from giants fans they liked what they saw thru out the year... 

I know he made the all rookie team... also made pff top 5 oline man team

I thought he had a down year because grady ate his lunch but find out.. Grady is just that good.... They said he had a good promising rookie year

7 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I agree we can’t have 3 OL making $10,000,000 or more.  But We can do this in the following scenario: his 1st year CAP hit will be low,  next year we cut Mack and much of his money goes to Trent.

Backload his contract to where the biggest hits occur after we send trufant packing. 

2 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I almost think we should draft a RT, and pay for a top guard

Definitely cheaper.  I just love Brown’s versatility and physicality.  And he won’t cost as much as most suspect IMO

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Definitely cheaper.  I just love Brown’s versatility and physicality.  And he won’t cost as much as most suspect IMO

I'm fine with a 3/27/22 contract. However i ddont see the pats letting him go to chase a reasonable contract. There's def a parallel to shraeder. If he'd take shraeder money and the pats would part with him then that would be a godsend. Could still go after a Saffold or Spain. Personally I think Spain will sign a one year deal due to injury concerns. 

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He was a top-10 RT in SF

Why did they let him go then? Ur losing ur RG, LG, AND RT in one off-season. If we signed Brown we'd have all three.

4 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

So long as Wes has above average lineman on either side, his weakness’s can be masked

that's the type of dumbness I keep seeing slapped on these boards all the time. I just have to laugh. there were some posters who claimed that Wes was getting abused in the play-off games last season. so I posted a video to prove that wasn't the case at all ... crickets. in all honesty Wes is in his 3rd year of development and towards the end of the season the left side of the line was clicking. I wouldn't be surprised if Wes is our starting LG next season.

JDaveG and Geneaut like this

3 hours ago, atljbo said:

Naw he had a promising year... Grady gave him trouble ..ate his luck.. but I've heard from giants fans they liked what they saw thru out the year... 

I know he made the all rookie team... also made pff top 5 oline man team

I thought he had a down year because grady ate his lunch but find out.. Grady is just that good.... They said he had a good promising rookie year

to get proof of that just look at what he did to Marshall Yanda. I don't think Yanda has been thrown to the ground twice in his career let alone twice in one game

atljbo likes this

7 hours ago, treboyplay said:

Mid tier? Says who? You mean the same OG who the coach included in the “ you scrub the rest” comment! That dude is not a starting caliber lineman in the NFL. Two seasons of below average play is enough evidence for me to see that. 

Says me. Watch his play more than let the board tell you how to think and you would understand what i’m saying. 

13 hours ago, k-train said:

When a player proves they can handle their own against the best teams in the NFL at a crucial position like LT, they will likely have a lot of options available to them, so why would Brown come here for less money to play RT when he could either...

A. Just stay with the Pats who will have cap room to pay him accordingly since they don't have much $ invested in OL at the moment and would probably prefer to hold on to a guy they traded for?

-OR-

B. Go to a team in need of a starting LT who will pay him far more than we can?

With regards to option A.) The Patriots drafted Isaiah Wynn in the 1st round last year.  They have Pro Bowl caliber Tackles growing on trees over there.  I’d probably be happiest to trade for him if NE opts to retain Brown

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Says me. Watch his play more than let the board tell you how to think and you would understand what i’m saying. 

I Let the board tell me how to think? Smh Funny thing about this board, is grown men not being able to have conversations and different thoughts without throwing around little insults and foolishness about people they don’t know. Anyway, No one tells me how to think buddy. I saw Wes play like trash with my own eyes. Falcons have had a big issue at guard since last season and Wes being inserted into the starting lineup is one of the reasons why. Just because I disagree with your belief in that below average fellow doesn’t make me right or wrong.  You have your opinion and I’ll have mine. When the coaches replace him we’ll see what’s up. 

6 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I'm fine with a 3/27/22 contract. However i ddont see the pats letting him go to chase a reasonable contract. There's def a parallel to shraeder. If he'd take shraeder money and the pats would part with him then that would be a godsend. Could still go after a Saffold or Spain. Personally I think Spain will sign a one year deal due to injury concerns. 

Remember the Patriots drafted Isaiah Wynn in 1st Round last year to be their LT.  They can let Brown walk.  It’s the Patriots way

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

2 hours ago, treboyplay said:

I Let the board tell me how to think? Smh Funny thing about this board, is grown men not being able to have conversations and different thoughts without throwing around little insults and foolishness about people they don’t know. Anyway, No one tells me how to think buddy. I saw Wes play like trash with my own eyes. Falcons have had a big issue at guard since last season and Wes being inserted into the starting lineup is one of the reasons why. Just because I disagree with your belief in that below average fellow doesn’t make me right or wrong.  You have your opinion and I’ll have mine. When the coaches replace him we’ll see what’s up. 

Well then, I gave you too much credit ‘buddy’. Where ever you got it, all you are doing is regurgitating a false narrative. Falcons OL issues last year were primarily at the other guard position and at RT. Not saying Wes was great, but he was competent. 

raysnill1 and Geneaut like this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Well then, I gave you too much credit ‘buddy’. Where ever you got it, all you are doing is regurgitating a false narrative. Falcons OL issues last year were primarily at the other guard position and at RT. Not saying Wes was great, but he was competent. 

Once again that’s your opinion. My opinion is Wes is below average, weak, a liability and not a starting caliber OG. Falcons tried to replace him this season cause they saw what I saw but yet you say it’s a false narrative. Hahahaha I hear you but the proof is there in plain sight. 

1 hour ago, treboyplay said:

Once again that’s your opinion. My opinion is Wes is below average, weak, a liability and not a starting caliber OG. Falcons tried to replace him this season cause they saw what I saw but yet you say it’s a false narrative. Hahahaha I hear you but the proof is there in plain sight. 

Of course it’s my opinion cowboy, but i’m Basing it from studying how he played. He played better in year 2 than he did in year 1, which is common sense...and actually  played better than that ‘replacement’ did, which was not surprising to me at all...

So you were right about one thing, the proof was there in plain sight 

Falconsin2012 likes this

36 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Of course it’s my opinion cowboy, but i’m Basing it from studying how he played. He played better in year 2 than he did in year 1, which is common sense...and actually  played better than that ‘replacement’ did, which was not surprising to me at all...

So you were right about one thing, the proof was there in plain sight 

Does any of this mean he's a starting caliber OG? Of course it doesn't. He can be better and still only improve from complete disaster to subpar and below average. He'll be replaced and we'll both be looking at him backing up another OG next yr. 

12 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

Does any of this mean he's a starting caliber OG? Of course it doesn't. He can be better and still only improve from complete disaster to subpar and below average. He'll be replaced and we'll both be looking at him backing up another OG next yr. 

Pretty sure he started much of last year when we had the 2nd best OL in football

Vandy likes this

10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Pretty sure he started much of last year when we had the 2nd best OL in football

The thing is, this is this year and they didn't play well this season. This is the same OL that has the owner saying "How do we get better on the offensive line" in a recent article. On top of that, Wes was worse last year than he was this year. He is one of the main issues with the line IMO. I saw Matt running for his life and our RBs not being able to find running lanes to run through. I respect your opinion but I see it differently. I just don't think that he'll be a person they look forward to starting next season.

5 hours ago, treboyplay said:

Be definition, a middle of pack player can be a starting caliber guard in nfl. See Brandon Fusco, who has been exactly that for his entire career, and Chris Chester before him. I’m all for upgrading wherever we can, but where Wes is slotted should be fairly down the ‘need to upgrade’ listing, IMO.

Falconsin2012 and Geneaut like this

5 hours ago, treboyplay said:

The thing is, this is this year and they didn't play well this season. This is the same OL that has the owner saying "How do we get better on the offensive line" in a recent article. On top of that, Wes was worse last year than he was this year. He is one of the main issues with the line IMO. I saw Matt running for his life and our RBs not being able to find running lanes to run through. I respect your opinion but I see it differently. I just don't think that he'll be a person they look forward to starting next season.

Are you sure that’s what you saw? I saw Ryan Schraeder and Fusco/Garland getting ran over more than Wes did. Also saw Teco and rookie Ito not cutting thru creases the way a healthy freeman always did.

Of course our OL needs upgrading by getting younger. Levitre and Fusco are about shot, previously mentioned Schraeder fell off a cliff, and C Mack is reaching point in his career where his body is going to start breaking down. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Be definition, a middle of pack player can be a starting caliber guard in nfl. See Brandon Fusco, who has been exactly that for his entire career, and Chris Chester before him. I’m all for upgrading wherever we can, but where Wes is slotted should be fairly down the ‘need to upgrade’ listing, IMO.

I don't think Wes is a superb OG, but he isn't the giant hole of suck that was Garland and Shraeder last season. In my mind, he's the definition of an average NFL starting player. Makes some plays, and gets beat others. More good than bad.

At least Wes is trending upwards, and is young and playing on a low contract. You need a few starters like that in a salary cap NFL.

Edited by Geneaut
raysnill1 and Vandy like this

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

I don't think Wes is a superb OG, but he isn't the giant hole of suck that was Garland and Shraeder last season. In my mind, he's the definition of an average NFL starting player. Makes some plays, and gets beat others. More good than bad.

You see what I see Geneaut. 

Geneaut likes this