Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falconsin2012

FA Target - Trent Brown: RT

116 posts in this topic

After watching the Patriots in the playoffs I am circling in on our future RT, Trenton Brown.  Dude is an absolute mauler.  Shanny traded him for foolishly thinking wasnt a fit for his outside zone calls in the run game, but NE turned him into a player at LT.  In SF he was a top-10 overall RT, and elite pass blocking RT.  

No way NE pays him top-5 Tackle money. I actually would love Dimitroff to take a hard look.

 

Offensive Line:

LT: MAtthews

LG: Lindstrom - 2nd rd BC

C: Mack

RG: Wes

RT: Trent Brown

Edited by Falconsin2012
Atl Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patriots' Trent Brown is PFF's highest graded offensive tackle in NFL playoffs 

Nick Goss
5 days ago

    

Trent Brown played well for the New England Patriots in the regular season, but he's taken his game to a higher level in the NFL playoffs. 

transparent-320x50.gif

The Patriots' starting left tackle is the highest graded offensive tackle by Pro Football Focus through the first two rounds of the NFL playoffs.

 

Brown has only played one playoff game -- New England's AFC Divisional round win over the Los Angeles Chargers -- but he sure was impressive in that matchup. 

The 25-year-old tackle was part of a Patriots offensive line that didn't allow a single sack against a fearsome Chargers pass rush. The unit also created huge holes in the rushing attack, allowing rookie running back Sony Michel to tally 129 yards and three touchdowns on the ground. 

 

The Patriots acquired Brown in a trade with the San Francisco 49ers before the season. The 49ers probably wouldn't mind a do-over on that deal given how Brown has played during the 2018 campaign and the struggles San Francisco had offensively. 

 

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Funny that  Belichick and Shanny continue to trade each other players for pennies on the dollar

That’s the repayment for that “I lost my playbook” before the super bowl. Bill says:

:tiphat:

UK13, Vandy, rugger8 and 12 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, papachaz said:

That’s the repayment for that “I lost my playbook” before the super bowl. Bill says:

:tiphat:

Thought the same...lol.  For it to make sense Shanny would have had to have lost the halftime adjustments notebook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would San Fran be looking to move McGlinchey to LT? Doesn't seem like the right move for them as he was really good manning the RT spot this season. Dont understand why they'd bring Brown back.

 

That said, I'd love for us to take a good look at him

Atl Falcon and Falconsin2012 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RubberDucky said:

Would San Fran be looking to move McGlinchey to LT? Doesn't seem like the right move for them as he was really good manning the RT spot this season. Dont understand why they'd bring Brown back.

 

That said, I'd love for us to take a good look at him

No, Brown isn’t going back to SF.  Shanny didn’t like him on outside zone run plays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

No, Brown isn’t going back to SF.  Shanny didn’t like him on outside zone run plays

I see, I misread the OP on the "San Fran would like a do-over" part. I thought it was referencing that they'd like to bring him back at first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats funny is that almost the entire OL that Muschamp recruited at UF is starting in the NFL.  Trenton has always had great size and strength.  Technique was his only problem. He has that figured out now.  We are going to have to go running after him day one with a 5 yr deal.  A guy like that is going to get locked up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

After watching the Patriots in the playoffs I am circling in on our future RT, Trenton Brown.  Dude is an absolute mauler.  Shanny traded him for foolishly thinking wasnt a fit for his outside zone calls in the run game, but NE turned him into a player at LT.  In SF he was a top-10 overall RT, and elite pass blocking RT.  

No way NE pays him top-5 Tackle money. I actually would love Dimitroff to take a hard look.

 

Offensive Line:

LT: MAtthews

LG: Lindstrom - 2nd rd BC

C: Mack

RG: Wes

RT: Trent Brown

Dude I was honestly thinking the same thing.....this guy is a beast

Falconsin2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always leery of Patriot Linemen. Seems like they usually overachieve in NE and then are (Not bad, but) average elsewhere. I tend to feel like Shanny knows who can run his running scheme and who can't, and ours is (according to DQ) not going to be terribly different to his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, atljbo said:

We don't have the monies.. look for us to sign a mid level guard in FA

I agree we can’t have 3 OL making $10,000,000 or more.  But We can do this in the following scenario: his 1st year CAP hit will be low,  next year we cut Mack and much of his money goes to Trent.

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

After watching the Patriots in the playoffs I am circling in on our future RT, Trenton Brown.  Dude is an absolute mauler.  Shanny traded him for foolishly thinking wasnt a fit for his outside zone calls in the run game, but NE turned him into a player at LT.  In SF he was a top-10 overall RT, and elite pass blocking RT.  

No way NE pays him top-5 Tackle money. I actually would love Dimitroff to take a hard look.

 

Offensive Line:

LT: MAtthews

LG: Lindstrom - 2nd rd BC

C: Mack

RG: Wes

RT: Trent Brown

Wes who at RG? Man please don’t tell me you’re talking about Wes Schweitzer. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, treboyplay said:

Wes who at RG? Man please don’t tell me you’re talking about Wes Schweitzer. 

Have to sacrifice somewhere to bring in Trent

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Have to sacrifice somewhere to bring in Trent

You do that and Trent will look just as bad as Schraeder at RT. Upgrade both guard positions. He didn't just forget how to play tackle all of a sudden. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Have to have a sacrifice to bring in Trent

Matt will still be running for his life then. Cause Wes is horrible to me. I can see the other moves but he has proven they can’t start him on full time basis. I hope they can somehow find someone to replace Wes even if they bring in Trent. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

You do that and Trent will look just as bad as Schraeder at RT. Upgrade both guard positions. He didn't just forget how to play tackle all of a sudden. 

Beadles maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When a player proves they can handle their own against the best teams in the NFL at a crucial position like LT, they will likely have a lot of options available to them, so why would Brown come here for less money to play RT when he could either...

A. Just stay with the Pats who will have cap room to pay him accordingly since they don't have much $ invested in OL at the moment and would probably prefer to hold on to a guy they traded for?

-OR-

B. Go to a team in need of a starting LT who will pay him far more than we can?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

Matt will still be running for his life then. Cause Wes is horrible to me. I can see the other moves but he has proven they can’t start him on full time basis. I hope they can somehow find someone to replace Wes even if they bring in Trent. 

If we run lots of 4 verts Ryan will be running for his life regardless.  After seeing the Patriots swarm KC’s OL, I’m convinced the Brady dink & dunk WC is the right offense for today’s NFL. Throw it 15 times to your running back and get the ball out in 1.5 seconds.  It’s not aesthetically pleasing, but it’s also impossible to stop if teams have Julio & Ridley to worry about vertically 

Edited by Falconsin2012
NeonDeion likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, k-train said:

When a player proves they can handle their own against the best teams in the NFL at a crucial position like LT, they will likely have a lot of options available to them, so why would Brown come here for less money to play RT when he could either...

A. Just stay with the Pats who will have cap room to pay him accordingly since they don't have much $ invested in OL at the moment and would probably prefer to hold on to a guy they traded for?

-OR-

B. Go to a team in need of a starting LT who will pay him far more than we can?

I never said we would underpay him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I never said we would underpay him

So you want the Falcons to pay him the same $12-16M/year or more that what desperate teams with tons of cap space are willing to shell out in FA for a LT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0