Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HASHBROWN3

Rams' Whitworth on no-call vs. Saints: 'It's an excuse'

62 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

The thing that really gets me here is ....... the penalty has become the sole narrative and hardly anyone (outside of Georgia at least) is pointing out: 

-How horribly Sean Payton managed things in and around the 2-minute warning. It rivaled Shanahan and Quinn's finest.

-What a lukewarm at BEST game Saint Brees played. There was a thread the other day about how Ryan would be run out of town if he played a game like that in the NFC Championship, and that's spot-on.

Although in a twisted way, it kind of speaks to the fanbases, doesn't it? I don't see a single Saints fan taking any ownership for their TEAM'S mistakes. You can bet that even though AFMB would be crying at the non-call, we'd also be calling out our coaches and our QB for playing poorly and leaving it up to the refs.

That's because it's a slow sports news week.

Once the Super Bowl is played no one that isn't a Saints fan will care anymore.

13 minutes ago, Statick said:

I have a feeling that Mrs. Benson will finally move the team like her late husband wanted to back in the day.

I'm not gonna put a lot of hope into that, but if it happened, there's no fanbase more deserving than the Aints.

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It’s actually a bigger excuse for Drew Brees. Nobody is ripping him for the OT pick. Something that @gazoo pointed out was a play Ryan would be crucified for 

You're not lying. This board would've gone nuclear had Ryan tossed a ball like that in such a situation...

2 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

The Aint fans are talking about the great revenge the Aints are going to perform in the rematch next season. In reality, I think it is the Rams who are going to be the angrier team for the unremitting effort by the Aints nation and media apologists like Florio to delegitimize the Rams' proud accomplishment. The game was still there for the Aints and the Rams played great to take it away. I hope the Rams beat them 62-7 next year.

Why would you hope the Saints score 7 points??

3 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

The thing that really gets me here is ....... the penalty has become the sole narrative and hardly anyone (outside of Georgia at least) is pointing out: 

-How horribly Sean Payton managed things in and around the 2-minute warning. It rivaled Shanahan and Quinn's finest.

-What a lukewarm at BEST game Saint Brees played. There was a thread the other day about how Ryan would be run out of town if he played a game like that in the NFC Championship, and that's spot-on.

Although in a twisted way, it kind of speaks to the fanbases, doesn't it? I don't see a single Saints fan taking any ownership for their TEAM'S mistakes. You can bet that even though AFMB would be crying at the non-call, we'd also be calling out our coaches and our QB for playing poorly and leaving it up to the refs.

If Ryan threw that pick in OT, many would be vocal about sending him out of town.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

6 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

How on earth have the Saints forgotten that they won the coin toss in OT and proceeded to turn the ball over?

So darn weird...:shrug:

5 hours ago, Tandy said:

Game management period.  WTF was he doing throwing in that situation anyway?   Why did he throw on 1st down?   Why did he keep stopping the clock?

Look at that series right there.

They completed a 43 yard pass to get to the 13 yard line of the rams and had the 2 minute warning.   Now the game is tied at 20 each - and the Rams have 2 time outs.   The Saints are in control here.   Situational football, right?   The thing that lost the Falcons the Super Bowl - and let's be honest - it's the thing that lost the Saints this game.

1:58 - 1-10 - you want to make the rams use a time out, right?    You don't want to risk an incomplete pass.   You are on the 13 yard line - so even if you end up with a TFL - that's fine - you are still in good shape for the eventual field goal.    You can kneel or you can run it and put it in a spot for the kicker - force the time out from the Rams - or maybe even break through and get the touchdown.   Anything but throw the ball.  What do they do?   Throw an incompletion.    Stop the clock.   Save a time out for the Rams.    

1:55 - 2-10 - Line up - and Drew freaking Brees calls a time out.  WTF?   Then Alvin Kamara - right end - no gain - still on the 13 - but you finally draw a time out from the Rams - and you've used a whole 9 seconds and 2 downs doing so.

1:49 - 3-10  - Another stupid pass play - how ignorant.    The infamous no call occurs.    The clock stops and you have used 4 seconds and saved the Rams a time out.

1:45 - 4-10 - Kick a 31 yard field goal - go up by 3 points.

1:41 - kick the ball to the Rams - touchback - they get the ball on the 25 yard line with a time out.

You know the rest.

Great questions!!  If it were Atlanta, maybe the lazy arse media bozos would be asking these things & all over the Whitworth explanation. Smfh!

JDaveG and Tandy like this

On 1/23/2019 at 3:09 PM, ratesforless said:

You're not lying. This board would've gone nuclear had Ryan tossed a ball like that in such a situation...

My goodness, even on the no PI call, had the DB even looked up once, the ball would have been spiked in the opposite EZ untouched!!

6 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

They're unbelievable. A friend whom I look out for various reasons is a Saints fan. He has been trolling Atlanta all year on FB.  He's posting that stupid petition on his page. I posted "Dude focus on next Year".

Flips his **** going on about how the Falcons don't have a Super Bowl and the Saints do, they WON'T focus on next year because they never give up UNLIKE FALCONS FANS.  

He then ends the diatribe with "Jeff if this happened to the Falcons, I would sign YOUR petition".

facepalm.gif

Edited by Godzilla1985

5 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I wish that the Saint's fans and organization could stop concentrating on the negative and focus on the positive.

Let's look at what the referees got right.. here is a great example:

See on this call the referees made the right call, correctly signaling that this was an interception.

Focusing on the positive has been proven to be life-enriching. I implore the Saint's fans to think about these positives because I care.

This is some beautiful trolling of the ridiculous Saints fans. (Although the sophisticated sarcasm may be over their heads.)

Well done, Falcons brother, well done.

7 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It’s actually a bigger excuse for Drew Brees. Nobody is ripping him for the OT pick. Something that @gazoo pointed out was a play Ryan would be crucified for 

^This

Beesus is getting a pass from his fans...but it was picked off in OT :lol:

It's now official, swampers have now become the biggest most embarrassing whiners in the history of a lost playoff game.  

7 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Hey, a voice of reason.

Which will only make the Saints fans even madder.

This is a great week.

Funny thing is that I found a social media post from a die hard Saints Fan giving them the blues for crying. Saying that it didn't cost them the game.

6 hours ago, ratesforless said:

True, you can add me to the list that would go nuclear.

ratesforless likes this

12 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I wish that the Saint's fans and organization could stop concentrating on the negative and focus on the positive.

Let's look at what the referees got right.. here is a great example:

See on this call the referees made the right call, correctly signaling that this was an interception.

Focusing on the positive has been proven to be life-enriching. I implore the Saint's fans to think about these positives because I care.

YouTube comments are classic

JDaveG likes this

8 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

They're unbelievable. A friend whom I look out for various reasons is a Saints fan. He has been trolling Atlanta all year on FB.  He's posting that stupid petition on his page. I posted "Dude focus on next Year".

Flips his **** going on about how the Falcons don't have a Super Bowl and the Saints do, they WON'T focus on next year because they never give up UNLIKE FALCONS FANS.  

He then ends the diatribe with "Jeff if this happened to the Falcons, I would sign YOUR petition".

facepalm.gif

:lol:

My buddy who asked me about that stupid Rule 17 stuff asked me to sign the petition too. I laugh so hard that I believe I hung up on him.

24 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

FalconinPA, this guy has sent me a screening of a saying with a picture of the ref that he said he's gonna put on some tee shirts and sell'em here and back home in La. 

He says that he's all in and I believe him. That's my boy!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

FalconinPA and ratesforless like this

45 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

FalconinPA, this guy has sent me a screening of a saying with a picture of the ref that he said he's gonna put on some tee shirts and sell'em here and back home in La. 

He says that he's all in and I believe him. That's my boy!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hilarious!!!:lol:

Flying Falcon likes this

18 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

The Aint fans are talking about the great revenge the Aints are going to perform in the rematch next season. In reality, I think it is the Rams who are going to be the angrier team for the unremitting effort by the Aints nation and media apologists like Florio to delegitimize the Rams' proud accomplishment. The game was still there for the Aints and the Rams played great to take it away. I hope the Rams beat them 62-7 next year.

As the Rams slept through most of the first half, I could Easily see them come out of the gate and roll them from the start. This was a “magical year” for the Taints where they got ALL the breaks up until “that play”. I doubt they have everything fall into place like this again next season.

ratesforless likes this

So let's not all lose sight of the fact that  since they made it this far in the season and they gave up the farm for guys like Davenport, Bridgewater, and Eli Apple, they don't get a draft pick til the back end of round 2, and then not again til the back end of round 5. Right now they also only have about 19 mil in cap space with a handful of guys that are not under contract for 2019. Just for them to stay the same team they'll have to spend a good bit of that cap $. There's almost no way for them to improve their roster this year and I don't think Brees mimics his first half of the 2018 season the entire 2019 season. 

18 hours ago, Tandy said:

Game management period.  WTF was he doing throwing in that situation anyway?   Why did he throw on 1st down?   Why did he keep stopping the clock?

Look at that series right there.

They completed a 43 yard pass to get to the 13 yard line of the rams and had the 2 minute warning.   Now the game is tied at 20 each - and the Rams have 2 time outs.   The Saints are in control here.   Situational football, right?   The thing that lost the Falcons the Super Bowl - and let's be honest - it's the thing that lost the Saints this game.

1:58 - 1-10 - you want to make the rams use a time out, right?    You don't want to risk an incomplete pass.   You are on the 13 yard line - so even if you end up with a TFL - that's fine - you are still in good shape for the eventual field goal.    You can kneel or you can run it and put it in a spot for the kicker - force the time out from the Rams - or maybe even break through and get the touchdown.   Anything but throw the ball.  What do they do?   Throw an incompletion.    Stop the clock.   Save a time out for the Rams.    

1:55 - 2-10 - Line up - and Drew freaking Brees calls a time out.  WTF?   Then Alvin Kamara - right end - no gain - still on the 13 - but you finally draw a time out from the Rams - and you've used a whole 9 seconds and 2 downs doing so.

1:49 - 3-10  - Another stupid pass play - how ignorant.    The infamous no call occurs.    The clock stops and you have used 4 seconds and saved the Rams a time out.

1:45 - 4-10 - Kick a 31 yard field goal - go up by 3 points.

1:41 - kick the ball to the Rams - touchback - they get the ball on the 25 yard line with a time out.

You know the rest.

Peyton said it was a run play initially, Rams showed zero blitz so Brees checked tona pass play.  Yet another bad choice by Brees that everyone is excusing.