Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HASHBROWN3

Rams' Whitworth on no-call vs. Saints: 'It's an excuse'

62 posts in this topic

Just now, FalconinPA said:

It is an excuse for the Saints , but the fact that most are ignoring their cries and mocking them is a testament to how that organization has conducted themselves in the past.  It's very telling and funny.

Yes, yes it is...

ratesforless, FalconinPA and JDaveG like this

The thing that really gets me here is ....... the penalty has become the sole narrative and hardly anyone (outside of Georgia at least) is pointing out: 

-How horribly Sean Payton managed things in and around the 2-minute warning. It rivaled Shanahan and Quinn's finest.

-What a lukewarm at BEST game Saint Brees played. There was a thread the other day about how Ryan would be run out of town if he played a game like that in the NFC Championship, and that's spot-on.

Although in a twisted way, it kind of speaks to the fanbases, doesn't it? I don't see a single Saints fan taking any ownership for their TEAM'S mistakes. You can bet that even though AFMB would be crying at the non-call, we'd also be calling out our coaches and our QB for playing poorly and leaving it up to the refs.

The Aint fans are talking about the great revenge the Aints are going to perform in the rematch next season. In reality, I think it is the Rams who are going to be the angrier team for the unremitting effort by the Aints nation and media apologists like Florio to delegitimize the Rams' proud accomplishment. The game was still there for the Aints and the Rams played great to take it away. I hope the Rams beat them 62-7 next year.

32 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

"My argument to that would be, Rich, is then Jared Goff got a facemask on the second down on the possession before that was not called. That'd be first-and-goal at the 1 down three points. If you look at our odds from the 1 this season, that's seven points. So, they'd be down four, and a field goal wouldn't matter. They would have had to score in that situation either way.

And there it is ladies and gentlemen.

Aints are nothing but a bunch of wanna be tough guys when things go their way in the Super Dump, but turn into whiny little botches that can't take what's dished out. It's what makes the Rams win so ironic and sweet!

Image result for saints rams meme

29 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

The thing that really gets me here is ....... the penalty has become the sole narrative and hardly anyone (outside of Georgia at least) is pointing out: 

-How horribly Sean Payton managed things in and around the 2-minute warning. It rivaled Shanahan and Quinn's finest.

-What a lukewarm at BEST game Saint Brees played. There was a thread the other day about how Ryan would be run out of town if he played a game like that in the NFC Championship, and that's spot-on.

Although in a twisted way, it kind of speaks to the fanbases, doesn't it? I don't see a single Saints fan taking any ownership for their TEAM'S mistakes. You can bet that even though AFMB would be crying at the non-call, we'd also be calling out our coaches and our QB for playing poorly and leaving it up to the refs.

Game management period.  WTF was he doing throwing in that situation anyway?   Why did he throw on 1st down?   Why did he keep stopping the clock?

Look at that series right there.

They completed a 43 yard pass to get to the 13 yard line of the rams and had the 2 minute warning.   Now the game is tied at 20 each - and the Rams have 2 time outs.   The Saints are in control here.   Situational football, right?   The thing that lost the Falcons the Super Bowl - and let's be honest - it's the thing that lost the Saints this game.

1:58 - 1-10 - you want to make the rams use a time out, right?    You don't want to risk an incomplete pass.   You are on the 13 yard line - so even if you end up with a TFL - that's fine - you are still in good shape for the eventual field goal.    You can kneel or you can run it and put it in a spot for the kicker - force the time out from the Rams - or maybe even break through and get the touchdown.   Anything but throw the ball.  What do they do?   Throw an incompletion.    Stop the clock.   Save a time out for the Rams.    

1:55 - 2-10 - Line up - and Drew freaking Brees calls a time out.  WTF?   Then Alvin Kamara - right end - no gain - still on the 13 - but you finally draw a time out from the Rams - and you've used a whole 9 seconds and 2 downs doing so.

1:49 - 3-10  - Another stupid pass play - how ignorant.    The infamous no call occurs.    The clock stops and you have used 4 seconds and saved the Rams a time out.

1:45 - 4-10 - Kick a 31 yard field goal - go up by 3 points.

1:41 - kick the ball to the Rams - touchback - they get the ball on the 25 yard line with a time out.

You know the rest.

55 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

It is an excuse for the Saints , but the fact that most are ignoring their cries and mocking them is a testament to how that organization has conducted themselves in the past.  It's very telling and funny.

It’s actually a bigger excuse for Drew Brees. Nobody is ripping him for the OT pick. Something that @gazoo pointed out was a play Ryan would be crucified for 

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It’s actually a bigger excuse for Drew Brees. Nobody is ripping him for the OT pick. Something that @gazoo pointed out was a play Ryan would be crucified for 

I agree it is a bigger excuse for Brees and Ryan would be ripped. I would be in on it to be honest. But I don't understand all the if it were Matt Ryan posts. I think they are stupid, but hey to each their own. 

6 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Even Brees's big play to Ginn was a toss it up and trust to luck deal. It may be that Payton and Drew know that the window is closing and are drifting towards desperation mode. 

Edited by Doctor Kildare

Just now, FalconinPA said:

I agree it is a bigger excuse for Brees and Ryan would be ripped. I would be in on it to be honest. But I don't understand all the if it were Matt Ryan posts. I think they are stupid, but hey to each their own. 

It just shows the double standard that this league has when it comes to rings. Brees has one, Ryan doesn’t. 

But, the reality is, the saints had several opportunities to put this game away. They could have taken a 21-0 lead and instead only made it 13-0. They only have themselves to blame. And the stupid no call has excused everyone for failing. Payton and Brees both screwed this up

51 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

How on earth have the Saints forgotten that they won the coin toss in OT and proceeded to turn the ball over?

If it doesn't fit the narrative...just throw it out and act like it never happened.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

May those crybaby fans never, ever get the anger out of their system. 

And may the actual team be haunted, emotionally wrecked and lose every game until the end of time. 

HASHBROWN3 likes this

5 minutes ago, octoslash said:

May those crybaby fans never, ever get the anger out of their system. 

And may the actual team be haunted, emotionally wrecked and lose every game until the end of time. 

I have a feeling that Mrs. Benson will finally move the team like her late husband wanted to back in the day.

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

It just shows the double standard that this league has when it comes to rings. Brees has one, Ryan doesn’t. 

But, the reality is, the saints had several opportunities to put this game away. They could have taken a 21-0 lead and instead only made it 13-0. They only have themselves to blame. And the stupid no call has excused everyone for failing. Payton and Brees both screwed this up

I agree with the double standard. The Saints had several opportunities to put the game away and didn't. But I don't think everyone was fooled by that no call on the pass interference. Many people at my job said to my surprise and delight said that Brees, Payton and the Saints are the ones responsible for their own demise. Then everyone says that they had a chance to win in OT but Brees threw the pick. I have read many article and saw many analysts on TV also say the Saints own this loss. Reality has almost set in for everyone but the Saints and their fans. But the super bowl will go on without them. 

JD dirtybird21 and HASHBROWN3 like this

20 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Man, I would curse Ryan from here to Armageddon if he did that.

Tandy likes this

I wish that the Saint's fans and organization could stop concentrating on the negative and focus on the positive.

Let's look at what the referees got right.. here is a great example:

See on this call the referees made the right call, correctly signaling that this was an interception.

Focusing on the positive has been proven to be life-enriching. I implore the Saint's fans to think about these positives because I care.

Edited by TheUsualStuff

It's one thing to be upset about the no call but to go through the extent that the Saints players and fans are going to, it's unwarranted. Like every team, no game ever gets determined by the officials in reality. In that point of the game it's ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't as a ref. There are missed calls every week, there are blown calls every week but at the end of the day the teams have to hold themselves accountable for allowing themselves to be put in position to lose in the first place. Instead of pointing at the refs, why not open your eyes and ask yourself, "okay, what did we do wrong". I know I never played beyond high school and my opinion on that is irrelevant but while we would say ref this ref that, our coaches made it a point to show us where we screwed up as a unit.

BTW, they aint restarting the game so they may as well get over it and try again next season like the other 29 teams that will be watching from home