Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geneaut

Falcons lose assistant offensive line coach to Packers

21 posts in this topic

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/falcons-lose-assistant-offensive-line-coach-packers/7Ll9AxRhgqPWj1hRVrkniJ/

Jan 22, 2019
By D. Orlando Ledbetter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Falcons assistant coach James Outten, who in an unannounced move by the team was recently promoted to assistant offensive line coach, was hired Monday by the Green Bay Packers.

With Outten and Kyle Flood, leaving for Alabama, the Falcons have two openings on the offensive side of the ball. Outten, who’d been an offensive assistant with the Falcons for two seasons, will coach the tight ends in Green Bay. He was an intern with the Falcons in 2016 and impressed then quarterbacks coach Matt LaFleur, who’s the new Packers head coach.

Outten played at Syracuse from 2002-07 and was a three-year starter at center. He helped win the Big East Championship in 2004.

Before joining the Falcons, Outten, a native of Doylestown, Pa., coached at Spring Westfield High in Texas from 2008-15. He was an offensive coordinator/offensive line coach.

Brian Angelichi was Green Bay’s former tight ends coach.

I thought Mike Tice did a good job as best he could with our crappy OL when he was here. Looks like he needs a job

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

I thought Mike Tice did a good job as best he could with our crappy OL when he was here. Looks like he needs a job

Didn't he quit last year saying you can't coach young guys anymore? Would love to have him though.

2 hours ago, Cole World said:

Oh well. Is Colts former O-Line coach, Dave DeGuglielmo still available?

Yeah let's get the guy who punishes a player for grieving his brothers death, that's smart

41 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Yeah let's get the guy who punishes a player for grieving his brothers death, that's smart

Oh in that case disregard. I didn't know that.

50 minutes ago, ThrashUnreal said:

They need to send Chris Morgan out on a rail while they're at it

If she wants to dance and drink all night, well there’s no one that can stop her!

welcome to the board

ThrashUnreal likes this

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

If I remember correctly Mike Tice left because there was a rookie head coach coming in (DQ) and he said something about not having the patience for some young buck coming in with all these ideas on how things should work. If I remember that correctly, I don't think that stubbornness will endear him to DQ. 

2 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

If I remember correctly Mike Tice left because there was a rookie head coach coming in (DQ) and he said something about not having the patience for some young buck coming in with all these ideas on how things should work. If I remember that correctly, I don't think that stubbornness will endear him to DQ. 

I don't think it had anything to do with DQ, more to do with wanting to coach with his good friend Del Rio in Oakland.

Geneaut and The O.D.B like this

8 hours ago, MAD597 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we did bring back Tice. After all we brought back our old OC's.

15 hours ago, Geneaut said:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/falcons-lose-assistant-offensive-line-coach-packers/7Ll9AxRhgqPWj1hRVrkniJ/

Jan 22, 2019
By D. Orlando Ledbetter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Falcons assistant coach James Outten, who in an unannounced move by the team was recently promoted to assistant offensive line coach, was hired Monday by the Green Bay Packers.

With Outten and Kyle Flood, leaving for Alabama, the Falcons have two openings on the offensive side of the ball. Outten, who’d been an offensive assistant with the Falcons for two seasons, will coach the tight ends in Green Bay. He was an intern with the Falcons in 2016 and impressed then quarterbacks coach Matt LaFleur, who’s the new Packers head coach.

Outten played at Syracuse from 2002-07 and was a three-year starter at center. He helped win the Big East Championship in 2004.

Before joining the Falcons, Outten, a native of Doylestown, Pa., coached at Spring Westfield High in Texas from 2008-15. He was an offensive coordinator/offensive line coach.

Brian Angelichi was Green Bay’s former tight ends coach.

Oh well. At least Rogers will be easier to get to next year

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
IfTheBirdsCouldTalk likes this