Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The O.D.B

Why isn't he ranked Higher? Yodny Cajuste

12 posts in this topic

This is my favorite guy for our RT spot. I'm no expert but, he looks much smoother than all but the top 2 or 3 prospects. Why isn't he ranked higher? (Walter 3rd-5th)

The article I posted below talks about his only negative being tightness in the hips. I've watched all the vids I can find on him and what I see is a guy with sound technique that makes it look easy. Because he's so in control, he doesn't often have to bend or change attack.In the few clips I've found were a guys starts to get the best of him, he recovers with exceptional speed and regains control.

according to Draft Network the Tenn vid below is supposed to be his worst vid. I don't see much bad do you?

READ MORE: https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/10/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-yodny-cajuste/

Embrace the suck likes this

1 hour ago, Summerhill said:

My 5-minute analysis says good feet but not a lot of strength. I think he's only a LT. 

Strength, that's the odd thing with him, he looks very bland/boring but every now and then you'll see that mobility and strength come out. In watching him I almost feel like he's playing slow so as not to lose leverage and not showing his full  strength for fear of over-committing. When you see a flash from him it's like wow but, my big question with him is - can he play flash football for a whole game because, he'll need to in the NFL. 

Best pass rushers line up against the right tackle in todays NFL. The blindside LT being so much more important is outdated. Today your RT has to be just as good as your LT.

Embrace the suck likes this

https://twitter.com/JReidNFL/status/1088953604210376706

#DraftNotes: Last summer during pre-season testing, Yodny Cajuste (6’5”, 321) recorded a 1.65 10-yard split, which would’ve beat Kolton Miller’s NFL Combine (1.67) best time for OL last year. He also reportedly bench pressed 495, while dead lifting 735.

Edited by The O.D.B
gtech1 likes this

CBS Sports lists him as the #58 prospect and Drafttek has him at #63, so both sites are predicting he goes in the late 2nd round. 

I think that's about right for him, so you almost want to think about taking him at #45 if you like the kid because he probably won't be there when we pick at #80.

I do think picking our RT in the 2nd round makes a lot of sense. You probably get your pick of Edwards, Cajuste, Risner, Dillard, and McGary at that spot, so take whichever one you like best. I have a feeling the Falcons are going to like Risner best... he seems like a Dan Quinn guy.

Never trust Walter for draft rankings.   He is wildly off on about 50% of the players.

Yodny Cajuste could go as high as  the 20’s(late 1st) to as low as end of 2nd round.

He’s a good prospect.

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Never trust Walter for draft rankings.   He is wildly off on about 50% of the players.

Yodny Cajuste could go as high as  the 20’s(late 1st) to as low as end of 2nd round.

He’s a good prospect.

yeah, I know walt is way off and doesn't update stuff. He's the only one I've found this year that has a good list though. CBS (lists are about 1/4 of what they should be) and Drafttek (lists are better but projections are off beyond the first few picks) are both lacking this year. Got any suggestions for sites with a good list and decent projections?

g-dawg likes this

9 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

yeah, I know walt is way off and doesn't update stuff. He's the only one I've found this year that has a good list though. CBS (lists are about 1/4 of what they should be) and Drafttek (lists are better but projections are off beyond the first few picks) are both lacking this year. Got any suggestions for sites with a good list and decent projections?

It’s early.  Usually the Internets doesn’t update well until the combine.

Another good thing to remember on all of this is Internet rankings don’t take off field behavior into rankings but NFL teams do and a lot of stuff doesn’t get out.

Also, Internet NFL draft sites generally only seem to know the top 100 players or so - you often see 30-40 players drafted rarely even mentioned on draft sites and a lot of prominently mentioned guys go undrafted.

The O.D.B likes this

Here's Voch's take. Funny he mentions his foot speed but my above post says he should have some of the fastest feet at the combine. to be fair, my eye test says he's feet are a little slow as well. It'll be interesting to see how he tests.