Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lju713

RT JaWaun James and LG Quinton Spain would solidfy the OL

10 posts in this topic

Im not sold on any of the OL in the 1st round of the draft( Greg Little would be a nice RT) I think the DL outweight the OL in talent and numbers this draft and FA. Im not opposed to a 3rd or 4th round pick at OL, but we need to keep building the D thru the draft. James is from here and hopefully a return home would be an added bonus to sign here. He is 26 and RT can play at least til 32 barring injury. Spain is nasty and blocks to the whistle ala Dahl, but is athletic enough to pull and trap. Make this happen TD.

10 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Off topic but, we don't pick in the top 10 do we?

Not sure if srs but we pick 14th.

Just now, Malachore said:

Not sure if srs but we pick 14th.

14th huh? Ugh.

Thanks. Haven't been keeping completely up to date this season cause of all the injuries. Oh well. Could be picking lower.

Malachore likes this

I did some early research the day we got eliminated and came away with three major moves in free agency:

• RT - Bobby Massie
  • LG - Quinton Spain
  • NT - Malcom Brown

All three teams would be crazy to let em walk but that's the three I would go after first. Cut several dead heads and fire up the jet. There are others that are clear upgrades if we can't get em. Time to go in. Should have a year ago. I hate we bleaux our chance at a Home Bowl. :angry: 

vitaman likes this

Not sure if serious but Jonah Williams is one of the best tackle prospects in years and will be a very good to great tackle like Matthews. I would rather trade up and get Jonah Williams and address guard in FA. This will give us 2 book end tackles for years to come.