Falcons Fan MVP

Are there any games that you can recall where the Falcons won or lost because of bad officiating?

79 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, The_Realist said:

The second 2017 saints game for sure. Also the bengals this year with the miscalled fumble situation

it always seems we are penalized way more in nola than ANYHERE else we play

I think in 2017 when we played the Dolphins there was a clear forward pass that they ruled a fumble for a TD even after review. Didn't lose the game, but a free 7 points essentially.

what about the game in denver a long time ago when the officials actually gave the broncos 5 downs to get a first down?

that was the old ed hoculi i believe.

nfl said that we wouldn't be allowed to officiate another falcons game--low and behold i think he was the head official in the '98 super bowl with the broncos.

virtually every game we played against the niners in the '80's and 90's.

the divisional game with the niners in '98--young fumbles-tuggle picks it up in end zone for td.  play goes to review.

tv goes to timeout for a review.

come back on air and all of the sudden there's no fumble or recovery or safey--young is ruled down at the 1/2 inch line.

nfc championship at philly

deuce staley catches ball in flat at 1 or 2 yard line and is immediately belted by an atlanta defender.

staley is knocked off balence backwards and out of bounds on the sideline in the end zone.  no safety--staley given forward progress at the one yard line.

the dude had possession of the ball and went out of bounds while in the end zone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!