Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Jaylon Ferguson is set to meet with the Falcons this week

62 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

That’s kinda confusing, but okay...

so who is your 1st falcon pick this time? 

(i’m wise to both your and G-dawgs game, you both do 100+ mocks every offseason to where you have to get something right...so you can point to that one and show off!!!!)

:ninja:

LoL. So true.
I'm going to brag again about nailing Ito in my only mock.  I also had us taking Trey Quin with our last pick. So I got Mr. Irrelevent right.

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

That’s kinda confusing, but okay...

so who is your 1st falcon pick this time? 

(i’m wise to both your and G-dawgs game, you both do 100+ mocks every offseason to where you have to get something right...so you can point to that one and show off!!!!)

:ninja:

I've only made one mock draft and that is all I'm going to make,,  so you wrong on that one.. I used to make two each year, One early and one late right before the draft. , but I decided this year and from now on I'm going to give it my best shot and let it be. you can see my mock of the Draft and FA board,,  I don't have two mocks this year and will never have two again. Even when I did do two ,, I made an early one and one right before the Draft.. I've had Ferguson in my one and only mock I made about a month ago in round two.. I haven't tweeked it on one player. But If I had to say a player in my mock that had the highest chance of not being picked, would be my first pick.. I do now think we may take an OL with that pick. and then probably have to trade up for Ferguson or vise versa,  But If I could only get one of the picks in my mock,, I'd like for it to be .Jalon.

4 hours ago, etherdome said:

What is the number one problem with our defense?  To me it is the poor pass rush.  (we have no shot at Bosa or Allen)  

So, which is the better pass rusher, Clelin, Sweat, Burns, Polite, or Ferguson?  

Ferg seems like a nice physical specimen, but has a lot of development to make a real impact in the NFL.  He is supposed to be a bit stiff, so his game may have to be power, and I don't see that happening.   

I get due diligence, but I don't see Ferguson as a likely draft pick for us.  I think we will have a shot at a better pass rusher in the first round.  Why ignore a major need in the first round?  I say go after the best possible pass rusher in the first round.    

I do. Buddy looks like he already has a leg up on the bull rush. Even with his turrible 3 cone I think he can bend the edge. He's comin into the league with more pass rush moves in the tool kit than Beasley for sure. I think he's a poor man's Bruce Smith that will be successful on the right team.

5 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I agree,, I couldn't understand how they had him ranked to go at 47 last month,, That's why I took advantage of him in my mock.. with our 2nd pick,, which is where he was ranked then,,  When you make a mock and the players that move up until the draft means you've pegged the best picks at the beginning of the Draft process.. which is a good thing... But I hope we get him regardless of what we have to do to get him,, I actually like him more than some of the DEs ranked higher that he has been... I think he was ranked lower because of the teams competition ...  But they really doesn't take away his gifts.. just shows them up more than stronger competition ... 

Good point, draft. He’s probably still worth a second. I like the way the kid plays, and he’s got a great frame to add weight.

i like him way more than Brian Burns.

honestly, a dream draft would be grab Clelin Ferrell at #14 (replaces Irvin but bigger SDE) and grab Ferguson as well in second or third. That puts some size and strength in our rotation and insurance if we let Vic walk next year. Not too mention a deep rotation of pass rushers is always good

Draftnut57 likes this

On 1/22/2019 at 3:55 PM, Statick said:

Speaking of potential draft picks, check this ish out...

Here's what you need to know about the New Orleans Saints and the 2019 NFL Draft.

2019 draft picks

• Round 1: None
  • Round 2: New Orleans
  • Round 3: None
  • Round 4: None
  • Round 5: New Orleans
  • Round 6: New Orleans, N.Y. Jets
  • Round 7: New Orleans, Cleveland

Love it...F*** the saints/swampers/rat-faced-boy

5 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Good point, draft. He’s probably still worth a second. I like the way the kid plays, and he’s got a great frame to add weight.

i like him way more than Brian Burns.

honestly, a dream draft would be grab Clelin Ferrell at #14 (replaces Irvin but bigger SDE) and grab Ferguson as well in second or third. That puts some size and strength in our rotation and insurance if we let Vic walk next year. Not too mention a deep rotation of pass rushers is always good

Well, WE'll be lucky to get him with our 2nd pick,, much less with a 3rd rounder. I actually think we may have to move up at least around 10 to 15 picks from our 2nd round pick now that he's being looked at by a lot of other teams.

13 hours ago, etherdome said:

What is the number one problem with our defense?  To me it is the poor pass rush.  (we have no shot at Bosa or Allen)  

Ferg seems like a nice physical specimen, but has a lot of development to make a real impact in the NFL.  He is supposed to be a bit stiff, so his game may have to be power, and I don't see that happening.   

I get due diligence, but I don't see Ferguson as a likely draft pick for us.  I think we will have a shot at a better pass rusher in the first round.  Why ignore a major need in the first round?  I say go after the best possible pass rusher in the first round.    

The ones you like? We need a DT when they will be taken

20 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

The last line threw me off a bit . So would you be against taking him at 14?

My point is this.  The draft offers a few very good Edge and DT pass-rushing prospects.  

If our greatest need is a pass rusher, then draft the guy in the first round.  Don't waste our time drafting another physically gifted guy that will need three seasons to pay off.  

17 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I do. Buddy looks like he already has a leg up on the bull rush. Even with his turrible 3 cone I think he can bend the edge. He's comin into the league with more pass rush moves in the tool kit than Beasley for sure. I think he's a poor man's Bruce Smith that will be successful on the right team.

Wow, that is a bold statement.  Bruce Smith was an animal.  If not for Lawrence Taylor, Smith would have dominated the football headlines during his era.  

Well, IF Ferg is anywhere near as promising as Bruce Smith, then great.  I just have not read anything that would suggest he is going to be a factor his first two seasons in the NFL.

5 hours ago, etherdome said:

Wow, that is a bold statement.  Bruce Smith was an animal.  If not for Lawrence Taylor, Smith would have dominated the football headlines during his era.  

Well, IF Ferg is anywhere near as promising as Bruce Smith, then great.  I just have not read anything that would suggest he is going to be a factor his first two seasons in the NFL.

Dollars to donuts he doesn't make an impact period and washes out. Don't think he gets a meaningful second contract. Watched him more and dude is not good at all.

On 3/23/2019 at 10:02 AM, etherdome said:

I agree with you in what we need most.. A strong DE pass rusher.. I like Ferguson for where he will be taken,, Best DE for the pick IMO,, But what I think is we will take best OL or DE with our first round pick and take the other one in the 2nd,, So  we'll have to wait and see.. I Have a feeling we take best OL available with our first and then do what we have to do to take Ferguson in the 2nd, the main thing is,, I'm afraid he will be taken before our pick 45,, I just hope they figure out what they have to do to assure we get him.